Marquette-WI- Trump +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:48:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Marquette-WI- Trump +2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Marquette-WI- Trump +2  (Read 1816 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2024, 12:22:21 PM »

Users respond to every push poll that have Trump lead narrowly c'mon now Eday isn't until Nov
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2024, 09:10:11 AM »

Why is it that you pro-aborts always come off as angry and unhappy? I'm in the middle on this issue, but I can objectively say the pro-life side is a lot nicer and pleasant to interact with. With the pro-abort crowd, you are dealing with some of the ugliest people in society, both inside and out. Just nasty people. And I choose to call them pro-aborts because somebody who is truly pro-choice can support a reasonable compromise. If you are for late term abortion, I really am tempted to think you are either a sociopath and/or nihilist.

Why are you Trumpsters so angry? You're going off calling me a sociopath for no reason other than I called out how framing will be everything in this race. Republicans calling for any federal restrictions on abortion is going to be framed as a ban by Democrats, period. Furthermore, men have no business trying to restrict women's rights. And there's no such thing as late term abortion. You push claims that babies are being killed after being born, but that's just not true. Sit down.

1) Not a Trumpster. Can't stand the man. I think he's repulsive, bombastic, obnoxious, and amoral. I supported Haley in the primary, now I'm probably going to vote for RFK Jr.

2) I agree Dems will try and frame any limits, no matter how lenient, as a ban because that's how campaigns work. But voters are smart and can differentiate between someone calling for a draconian ban and someone who supports reasonable limitations. There is a BIG difference between those two

3) My god, are you really gonna pull the feminist card? Give me a break. I was a former fetus so that gives me every right to speak on this issue. Woman deserve bodily autonomy during the early stages of a pregnancy, but at certain point, that fetus is becoming more and more developed and it no longer is just about the woman, it's also about the baby. That's why there should be limits

4) If late term abortion "doesn't happen", then you should have no problem restricting it, right? Thing is, it does happen. Now, I do agree that if the fetus is simply not viable, yes, a woman should not be forced to carry to term. But elective abortions at that stage of the pregnancy should not be allowed.

So you're not gonna vote for Trump, just the guy that Steve Bannon coaxed into running in order to take votes away from Biden who also happens to be a lunatic anti-vaxxer?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2024, 09:16:35 AM »

That's why Redban likes RFK so much he takes votes away from Biden
mjba257
United States
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2024, 09:41:01 AM »

Why is it that you pro-aborts always come off as angry and unhappy? I'm in the middle on this issue, but I can objectively say the pro-life side is a lot nicer and pleasant to interact with. With the pro-abort crowd, you are dealing with some of the ugliest people in society, both inside and out. Just nasty people. And I choose to call them pro-aborts because somebody who is truly pro-choice can support a reasonable compromise. If you are for late term abortion, I really am tempted to think you are either a sociopath and/or nihilist.

Why are you Trumpsters so angry? You're going off calling me a sociopath for no reason other than I called out how framing will be everything in this race. Republicans calling for any federal restrictions on abortion is going to be framed as a ban by Democrats, period. Furthermore, men have no business trying to restrict women's rights. And there's no such thing as late term abortion. You push claims that babies are being killed after being born, but that's just not true. Sit down.

1) Not a Trumpster. Can't stand the man. I think he's repulsive, bombastic, obnoxious, and amoral. I supported Haley in the primary, now I'm probably going to vote for RFK Jr.

2) I agree Dems will try and frame any limits, no matter how lenient, as a ban because that's how campaigns work. But voters are smart and can differentiate between someone calling for a draconian ban and someone who supports reasonable limitations. There is a BIG difference between those two

3) My god, are you really gonna pull the feminist card? Give me a break. I was a former fetus so that gives me every right to speak on this issue. Woman deserve bodily autonomy during the early stages of a pregnancy, but at certain point, that fetus is becoming more and more developed and it no longer is just about the woman, it's also about the baby. That's why there should be limits

4) If late term abortion "doesn't happen", then you should have no problem restricting it, right? Thing is, it does happen. Now, I do agree that if the fetus is simply not viable, yes, a woman should not be forced to carry to term. But elective abortions at that stage of the pregnancy should not be allowed.

So you're not gonna vote for Trump, just the guy that Steve Bannon coaxed into running in order to take votes away from Biden who also happens to be a lunatic anti-vaxxer?
i
I consider myself a vaccine skeptic and I don't think I'm a lunatic. Yes, I like to have fun sometimes but who doesn't? I like RFK for several things, not just on vaccines, but also he's the only one who will bring accountability to the COVID tyrants. He's also really good on the environment and actually walks the walk. His abortion stance seems pretty reasonable, as is his stance on most hot button issues. But that's for another topic.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2024, 08:53:33 PM »

I am not sure how you are defining "late term" abortions but abortions that happen late in the pregnancy usually happen due to complications with the pregnancy itself. These are usually not elective abortions. If you banned elective "late term" abortions, you would barely stop any abortions at all. As long as you have laws protecting doctors for performing such abortions when the health of the mother is at risk, I would not mind it. Problem is in places like Texas that do not have an exception for the health of the mother, doctors have to wait till someone is in septic shock before they can perform the abortion, potentially endangering the life of the mother.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2024, 11:08:56 AM »

The narrative that Kennedy would take more away from Trump was always delusion. He is a Kennedy, that name is inherently associated with Dems. He is also liberal on every issue that people actually care about (abortion, the economy, etc.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2024, 11:51:01 AM »

The narrative that Kennedy would take more away from Trump was always delusion. He is a Kennedy, that name is inherently associated with Dems. He is also liberal on every issue that people actually care about (abortion, the economy, etc.)

I didn't agree with Ds shoving Kennedy out the primary in 23 they should of had a real primary and RFK would of stayed a D. It was the D party fault RFK became an Indy nor ours
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2024, 12:02:47 PM »

He is literally running on right-wing issues and even waffled on abortion at one point. His name is irrelevant because the family hasn't endorsed him. He takes a portion of the weirdo vote from Trump . It's delusional to think RFK is a liberal.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2024, 12:32:50 PM »

He is literally running on right-wing issues and even waffled on abortion at one point. His name is irrelevant because the family hasn't endorsed him. He takes a portion of the weirdo vote from Trump . It's delusional to think RFK is a liberal.
No one cares that his family didn’t endorse him. He has a base of disaffected young voters and nostalgic boomers. He picked a progressive as veep and is running on liberal economic policies.
Hollywood
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2024, 02:49:58 PM »

Kennedy's largest voter base is moderate/liberal, young Indies.  He isn't running on any right-wing issue aside for a couple of items radical left-wingers consider taboo.  He's a pro-choice Democrat that wants policies to subsidize women that choose life through things like the universal childcare, child tax credit, free medical and outpatient care, and easier avenues for adoption.  

"Kennedy Jr. has the support of 13% of independent voters, 12% of voters under 30, and 9% of Black voters." https://emersoncollegepolling.com/april-national-poll-3-in-4-us-voters-say-cost-of-living-is-rising/

This will hurt in Michigan.  As opposed to 2020 when Ds and Rs were tied at 38% of the MI electorate, Republicans are 39-40% of the vote.   More of the electorate is made up of men struggling in the current economy.  Trump maintains 95% of his 2020 vote while Biden consistently dives around 80-85%.  More people approve of Trump's Presidency, and trust him on all the major issues.  If the Fox News polls is to be believed, Trump leads by 5 among voters on abortion, because his remarks have been pretty neutral/grounded.  Trump has previously said Florida's "heartbeat" law, which applies around six weeks of gestation and prohibits most abortions, is "a terrible thing and a terrible mistake." He said that "like Ronald Reagan, I'm strongly in favor of exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother."  Trump also remarked that he wanted to bring all groups to arrive at a compromise on a federal abortion bill.  The vast majority of the country is in agreement with these statements, but people are fighting over when abortion should be cut-off.

Anyway, I think Biden does better in WI than MI. 
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2024, 02:53:18 PM »

Kennedy's largest voter base is moderate/liberal, young Indies.  He isn't running on any right-wing issue aside for a couple of items radical left-wingers consider taboo.  He's a pro-choice Democrat that wants policies to subsidize women that choose life through things like the universal childcare, child tax credit, free medical and outpatient care, and easier avenues for adoption.  

"Kennedy Jr. has the support of 13% of independent voters, 12% of voters under 30, and 9% of Black voters." https://emersoncollegepolling.com/april-national-poll-3-in-4-us-voters-say-cost-of-living-is-rising/

This will hurt in Michigan.  As opposed to 2020 when Ds and Rs were tied at 38% of the MI electorate, Republicans are 39-40% of the vote.   More of the electorate is made up of men struggling in the current economy.  Trump maintains 95% of his 2020 vote while Biden consistently dives around 80-85%.  More people approve of Trump's Presidency, and trust him on all the major issues.  If the Fox News polls is to be believed, Trump leads by 5 among voters on abortion, because his remarks have been pretty neutral/grounded.  Trump has previously said Florida's "heartbeat" law, which applies around six weeks of gestation and prohibits most abortions, is "a terrible thing and a terrible mistake." He said that "like Ronald Reagan, I'm strongly in favor of exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother."  Trump also remarked that he wanted to bring all groups to arrive at a compromise on a federal abortion bill.  The vast majority of the country is in agreement with these statements, but people are fighting over when abortion should be cut-off.

I think Biden will do better in Michigan than Wisconsin.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2024, 02:54:10 PM »

People need to understand that Kennedy's policies don't matter. He's a protest vote. It's a statement.
Redban

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2024, 02:55:38 PM »

You can think whatever you want to satiate your fancy. Your thinking that Biden will do better in MI than WI doesn't mean it will happen
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2024, 02:58:23 PM »

No one cares that his family didn’t endorse him. He has a base of disaffected young voters and nostalgic boomers. He picked a progressive as veep and is running on liberal economic policies.
It matters if you are going to say that his name is a big deal, but now you are moving goal posts and making another argument that is poor. His VP just went off on anti-vaccination rant and her claim to fame is having an affair with Elon Musk. Give me a break, girl.
Hollywood
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2024, 04:23:23 PM »

Maybe.  I've been to Michigan.  People really hate Biden in that State.  His approval numbers are 37-57% (-20) on Civiqs whereas those numbers are 43-51% in Wisconsin.  Poll after poll in those states seems to demonstrate a Michigan populace that is more similar to Ohio, and Wisconsin electorate that is more like Minnesota.   
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2024, 04:25:20 PM »

Maybe.  I've been to Michigan.  People really hate Biden in that State.  His approval numbers are 37-57% (-20) on Civiqs whereas those numbers are 43-51% in Wisconsin.  Poll after poll in those states seems to demonstrate a Michigan populace that is more similar to Ohio, and Wisconsin electorate that is more like Minnesota.   

Then why has Michigan been voting left of Wisconsin lately?
Hollywood
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2024, 04:38:20 PM »

It matters if you are going to say that his name is a big deal, but now you are moving goal posts and making another argument that is poor. His VP just went off on anti-vaccination rant and her claim to fame is having an affair with Elon Musk. Give me a break, girl.

Your argument is pretty bad.  There are D, R, and I voters that want someone other than Trump or Biden.  That's shown in poll after poll after poll.  He's got the Kennedy name, so people will opt for him instead of Biden or Trump.  

Most people aren't even going to consider the two arguments you're making about the VP.  There isn't even any reason to discuss your blanket statements.  Nobody even knows where your goal post is set. lol.  Shannahan is relatively unknown while someone like Kamala Harris is generally understood to be a complete moron.  
Hollywood
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2024, 05:04:34 PM »

Then why has Michigan been voting left of Wisconsin lately?

Cause state Republicans in WI are more organized than the ones in MI.  Factions of the GOP have been fighting in MI since 2016, particularly about the direction of the party.  But no one even realized that the state was a battleground until Trump won it, and also demonstrated that the Republicans were essentially tied with Ds when it came to party affiliation (38-38% in 2020).  Donald Trump is not the traditional Republican candidate.  Trump is much friendlier to the working class, and he's become an increasingly popular figure among male voters of all races due to their perception of his vindicated economic/cost of living, foreign policy, energy, and immigration viewpoints.  Trump doesn't truly fit within the left or right dichotomy.  Alot of blue-collar voters are rejecting those labels cause both sides screwed them in the past. 

Ohio is a state that went leftward, but will vote overwhelmingly for Trump, while Virginia is a state that shifted right, but will go for Joe Biden.  I merely think the demographics in WI is more like VA, and MI is more like OH.  The former seems more inclined to vote for a traditional, party candidate while the latter states want non-establishment candidates. 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2024, 05:05:16 PM »

Your argument is pretty bad.  There are D, R, and I voters that want someone other than Trump or Biden.  That's shown in poll after poll after poll.  He's got the Kennedy name, so people will opt for him instead of Biden or Trump.  

Most people aren't even going to consider the two arguments you're making about the VP.  There isn't even any reason to discuss your blanket statements.  Nobody even knows where your goal post is set. lol.  Shannahan is relatively unknown while someone like Kamala Harris is generally understood to be a complete moron.  

You can't judge Harris as a moron until we voted and it's not until Nov
Hollywood
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2024, 06:31:49 PM »

You can't judge Harris as a moron until we voted and it's not until Nov

I'm not judging Kamala as a moron.  I know she's a moron.  We've had morons like GWB in the oval office, so we know morons can win elections.  Keeping Harris and Biden from talking to the public is part of their strategy to win re-election.   
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies