Retail sales up a strong 0.7% in March, underscoring the resiliency of the US consumer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:59:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Retail sales up a strong 0.7% in March, underscoring the resiliency of the US consumer
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Retail sales up a strong 0.7% in March, underscoring the resiliency of the US consumer  (Read 418 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2024, 08:11:23 AM »

Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 08:49:34 AM »

Where's a certain L-MA avatar when you need him?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist Tongue
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 10:05:22 AM »

The problem for both parties they keep saying they are offering stimulus checks and nothing happens, I keep getting emails saying that stimulus checks are coming and nothing happens.

If Trump wins, consumers are gonna be disappointed that no stimulus checks are coming it's gonna be like Pre 20

But, the inflation isn't Biden problem it's Ukraine and Jewish wars that spikes oil prices
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 10:07:57 AM »

Fed may need to increase rates, again.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 10:10:38 AM »

Consumer = credit card debt, especially women who are buying too much stuff and then expect Biden to pay off their student loans because they aren't financially literate despite their "college degree". Have you seen how much junk is in a typical American household? I get literally unopened products when I shop at goodwill because people impulse buy and go in debt for some stupid waffle maker.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 11:33:15 AM »

I came into say what the last two posters said, they are consuming by using debt and that maybe good for the producers....right now, but it ain't good for producers in 5 or 10 years.

Wait, have the idiot youth convinced themselves that they don't ever have to pay back any debt?  Or do they just plan on the world ending or suicide before they have to worry about it?  I'll let you know right now, that living like the world is going to end soon is very much not a good idea.
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2024, 11:34:14 AM »

Paid my salary, for sure!
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2024, 11:40:06 AM »

The American consumer is just really really bad at their job.  Nissan is like the 5th biggest seller of cars in the US.  Nissan!  There are 10s of millions of Americans out there with student loans that they cry are crippling and demand the Give Us Free Stuff party do something about it and yet they own Apple smart phones.  It's like, how stupid are you?
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 12:23:49 PM »

Where's a certain L-MA avatar when you need him?

Sorry, I just couldn't resist Tongue

L-MA O
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2024, 12:32:53 PM »

I came into say what the last two posters said, they are consuming by using debt and that maybe good for the producers....right now, but it ain't good for producers in 5 or 10 years.

Wait, have the idiot youth convinced themselves that they don't ever have to pay back any debt?  Or do they just plan on the world ending or suicide before they have to worry about it?  I'll let you know right now, that living like the world is going to end soon is very much not a good idea.

Debt is not real because money is not real, we could wipe out all debt tomorrow with a. Snap of our fingers and the sun would still rise. And yes, perhaps a mass youth strike movement would end debt slavery by crippling the economy
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2024, 01:15:49 PM »

Wait, have the idiot youth convinced themselves that they don't ever have to pay back any debt?  Or do they just plan on the world ending or suicide before they have to worry about it?  I'll let you know right now, that living like the world is going to end soon is very much not a good idea.

Debt is not real because money is not real, we could wipe out all debt tomorrow with a. Snap of our fingers and the sun would still rise. And yes, perhaps a mass youth strike movement would end debt slavery by crippling the economy
living in a world without credit/debt doesn't sound very good to me, but maybe you know something I don't
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2024, 01:23:49 PM »

And DJT said one of his first goals is to devaluate the dollar and let the CPI and inflation soar. If elected he’s going to be hated within a month but his cult will blame Biden.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2024, 02:43:49 PM »

Fed may need to increase rates, again.

I don't expect them to do a thing before November, but I always expected them to raise interest rates just after the election since last year.
GAinDC

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2024, 03:03:04 PM »

We're nearing the window where economic perceptions begin to be set in stone by the voters. If the economy is still humming along by summer, Republicans will have to find something else to attack him on. Not saying the economy will be a winning issue for Biden, but I don't think it will be a losing issue, either.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2024, 02:08:01 AM »

It's amazing how the blue/yellow avatars manage to frame every bit of good news as a negative for Biden.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2024, 08:02:35 AM »

Consumer = credit card debt, especially women who are buying too much stuff and then expect Biden to pay off their student loans because they aren't financially literate despite their "college degree". Have you seen how much junk is in a typical American household? I get literally unopened products when I shop at goodwill because people impulse buy and go in debt for some stupid waffle maker.

The strong economy is bad because _______ (white women are spending us into the poor house/DEI is causing plane crashes/(((they))) are importing illegals). Young people these days are not financially literate because they all go to college to major in ______ (gender studies/Human Resources/nothing; the women just become huge sluts). I am smarter than all of these people because I work hard for what I got and I also _______ (save everything and never ate out/have a lucrative side hustle/draw myself as the chad wojak).
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2024, 08:15:44 AM »

Yes

But in fairness, we (modern Americans) are the ones living in exceptional times.  For most of human history, the idea of maintaining ownership of property acquired in your youth until retirement age or of contracts agreed to in your youth being enforceable decades later would have been laughable.  There used to be a lot more churn.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2024, 09:31:36 AM »

Men have more debt than women. If this is how most Republicans think then it is no wonder why they are losing more and more women voters. Good economic news is a bad for Republican election prospects so obviously a sexist rant was needed to spin it.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2024, 02:19:18 PM »

But in fairness, we (modern Americans) are the ones living in exceptional times.
indeed, in a million different ways.  I wish more people could see it like me and you do.
For most of human history, the idea of maintaining ownership of property acquired in your youth until retirement age or of contracts agreed to in your youth being enforceable decades later would have been laughable.
when in American history were contracts signed by 18 year olds not valid decades later?  There are millions of Americans currently benefitting (and often suffering) from contracts they signed when they were 17, but they had to get their parents to sign off on it (lots of people join the military at 17).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies