if i wanted to write a fic with a fictional (American coded) character brought to our world - POTUS?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:52:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  if i wanted to write a fic with a fictional (American coded) character brought to our world - POTUS?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: if i wanted to write a fic with a fictional (American coded) character brought to our world - POTUS?  (Read 426 times)
katelyn.a.paulie
Rookie
Australia
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2024, 08:23:12 PM »

Could this fictional character run for our world USA's presidency, congress or state legislature/governorship?
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2024, 10:48:25 PM »
« Edited: April 14, 2024, 10:55:19 PM by Steve from Lambeth »

Characters you invent are known as "OCs," or Original Characters. There is a woeful lack of OC-centred timelines on this forum, compared to timelines based on real people like Donald Trump, but a few have pulled it off - my favourite recent example being "My timeline" by BushKerry04. The disgraced LeonelBrizola also churned out bareboned OC timelines in their droves.

There are really no limits to what you can do with an OC-centred timeline (unlike, say, a Trump timeline, where you're pretty much tied down to re-running the 2020 election). Back in 2010, one person even tried to write a timeline where their American OC was elected as United Nations Secretary-General, despite the IRL fact that Permanent Five states don't put forth one of their own for the post by convention; Benson Rockefeller is nonetheless one of the most detailed OCs ever.

If you think you can write a compelling history/timeline of your OC, then please do so! If you can get more than a few chapters of the story in place, you've already cleared the bar.
katelyn.a.paulie
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 04:49:27 AM »

I meant if a pre-existing TV or film character (a human or human looking one) would be brought to our 2024 or indeed to the modern political era (so post-FDR). Say George Bailey, Buffy Davis, Edith Bunker, Doc Brown, Austin Powers, Farmer Hoggart (Babe), or horror characters like Esther Coleman and Jigsaw.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2024, 06:56:40 AM »

I endorse Danielle Tozer for WA-06. Sure, she's literally the greatest hero of the age, but she probably lives in the district, and who knows when Marilyn Strickland is going to quit?
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 07:25:57 PM »

Why am I now imagining what would happen if Homer Simpson became President? Dangit, Katelyn. You made me laugh more than I should have done at 1:30am. Tongue
katelyn.a.paulie
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 06:05:43 AM »

Why am I now imagining what would happen if Homer Simpson became President? Dangit, Katelyn. You made me laugh more than I should have done at 1:30am. Tongue

Here's a fresh pic of *me* looking full of mischief at your post (giggle):

picshack . net / ib / KBrsyPDsjy
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 08:53:19 AM »

Here's a fresh pic of *me* looking full of mischief at your post (giggle):

picshack . net / ib / KBrsyPDsjy
Purple heart
katelyn.a.paulie
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 07:22:12 PM »

And, no, i don't come with the car, Homer *mischievous giggle again*.
PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #8 on: Today at 07:08:42 AM »

I am writing ✍️ about a fictional character, brought to life, he's a Democrat from Connecticut, who was elected President in 2016, after just 5 years in the Senate (shades of Obama), wins despite his youth (he's 41 year's old), is a war veteran (Afghanistan), his initials JBA (harken back to JFK), he is an activist President who advanced his "Fresh Approach" agenda (think New Frontier), his first vice-president died in July 2020 (mysteriously - there's no covid 19 in my timeline), JBA selects a Virginia Democrat as his second vice-president, Andrew Stanton (Governor and previously Speaker of the House) in exchange should Stanton win in 2024, JBA gets to be Secretary of State (Stanton wins in 2024). JBA and Stanton win the 2020 presidential election defeating an right wing extremist Republican from West Virginia (Joe Keith - think Barry Goldwater and Donald Trump and the worst excesses of their respective candidacies), Democrats regain the House with a gain of 104 seats (which they lost in 2018) and held the Senate (gaining 12 seats). During JBA meets with North Korean leader Min-Jae Son (fictional) in British Columbia, Canada in December, 2018 (a secret summit) and again in Beijing, China (in January, 2020), he has fraught relationship with Russia 🇷🇺 and its President (Eduard Sharapov) and meets in July, 2018 (and accuses the Russians of interfering in 2016 election (they didn't want the Republican party's nominee (Vice President by the name of Brian Pike, from Arizona) to win the White House and because JBA's running mate in 2016, a Senator from North Carolina (think Joe Biden and LBJ - who once served as Secretary of State in an earlier administration is likely compromised by Russian intelligence and financial interests). JBA meets again with Sharapov in Prague in May 2020 and there is a blow up; this time over JBA's demand that Sharapov pull out of Crimea. JBA loses his first wife Paula in a boating accident in August 2017, but remarried in May 2020 to the daughter of a deceased President (died on 9/11) JBA's own father BJA became President on 9/11 - think George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush), so two Presidential families are united in wedlock (think Julie Nixon and David Eisenhower). The storyline in its entirety will be revealed in the book "Sins and Fortune"
PRESIDENT STANTON II
Rookie
United States

« Reply #9 on: Today at 07:20:00 AM »

I am writing ✍️ about a fictional character, brought to life, he's a Democrat from Connecticut, who was elected President in 2016, after just 5 years in the Senate (shades of Obama), wins despite his youth (he's 41 year's old), is a war veteran (Afghanistan), his initials JBA (harken back to JFK), he is an activist President who advanced his "Fresh Approach" agenda (think New Frontier), his first vice-president died in July 2020 (mysteriously - there's no covid 19 in my timeline), JBA selects a Virginia Democrat as his second vice-president, Andrew Stanton (Governor and previously Speaker of the House) in exchange should Stanton win in 2024, JBA gets to be Secretary of State (Stanton wins in 2024). JBA and Stanton win the 2020 presidential election defeating an right wing extremist Republican from West Virginia (Joe Keith - think Barry Goldwater and Donald Trump and the worst excesses of their respective candidacies), Democrats regain the House with a gain of 104 seats (which they lost in 2018) and held the Senate (gaining 12 seats). During JBA meets with North Korean leader Min-Jae Son (fictional) in British Columbia, Canada in December, 2018 (a secret summit) and again in Beijing, China (in January, 2020), he has fraught relationship with Russia 🇷🇺 and its President (Eduard Sharapov) and meets in July, 2018 (and accuses the Russians of interfering in 2016 election (they didn't want the Republican party's nominee (Vice President by the name of Brian Pike, from Arizona) to win the White House and because JBA's running mate in 2016, a Senator from North Carolina (think Joe Biden and LBJ - who once served as Secretary of State in an earlier administration is likely compromised by Russian intelligence and financial interests). JBA meets again with Sharapov in Prague in May 2020 and there is a blow up; this time over JBA's demand that Sharapov pull out of Crimea. JBA loses his first wife Paula in a boating accident in August 2017, but remarried in May 2020 to the daughter of a deceased President (died on 9/11) JBA's own father BJA became President on 9/11 - think George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush), so two Presidential families are united in wedlock (think Julie Nixon and David Eisenhower). The storyline in its entirety will be revealed in the book "Sins and Fortune"
katelyn.a.paulie
Rookie
Australia
« Reply #10 on: Today at 08:13:36 AM »

Mister Furley as president in a fic?

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies