How big a win will the GOP win in Utah's Governors race
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:55:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  How big a win will the GOP win in Utah's Governors race
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How big will the GOP win in the Utah Govs race?
10%

20%

30%

40%

50%

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: How big a win will the GOP win in Utah's Governors race  (Read 423 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2024, 12:58:29 PM »

Given the rightward tilt of the state outside of SLC and even in the suburbs of SLC, how big will the Gov. race go for the GOP?
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 10:33:33 AM »

I think it's a given that Cox will outpace Trump, but I think that he'll get at least 60, possibly 70% of the vote. He's been a largely moderate and inoffensive governor who I believe won't have a problem winning back the Never-Trumpers around SLC.
Dave Hedgehog
Rookie
United Kingdom
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 11:23:18 AM »

Yeah 30% is very easy to see and I reckon it'll be closer to 40% in the end. The state may have tilted a bit to the left in the Trump era but Democrats just don't seem to have any discernable bench here, and I have a feeling the presidential results will snap back in favor of R's once the GOP stops nominating Trump or Trumpy candidates.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 02:42:01 PM »

Yeah 30% is very easy to see and I reckon it'll be closer to 40% in the end. The state may have tilted a bit to the left in the Trump era but Democrats just don't seem to have any discernable bench here, and I have a feeling the presidential results will snap back in favor of R's once the GOP stops nominating Trump or Trumpy candidates.

Ben McAdams?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 02:49:59 PM »

30ish points, maybe?
Utah Neolib
YaBB God
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 10:27:13 PM »

20-25. Cox has lost some of his ‘shine’ from 2020 and I suspect downballot lag in Utah is slowly ending. He’s signed into law basically every culture war insanity cooked up by the state legislature. Out of the three, Trump will perform worse than Cox or Curtis but I suspect it’s actually Curtis who performs the best. The Democrat isn’t exactly the best candidate but he was the State House Minority Leader for 8 years and is better than the random nobodies that have been ran since 2008. Cox will win the primary with ease, Lyman is a complete joke even in southern Utah.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies