UWS' Top 10 Video Games
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:47:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  UWS' Top 10 Video Games
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UWS' Top 10 Video Games  (Read 368 times)
UWS
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2024, 09:18:48 AM »

This thread modeled on my thread about my Top 25 movies is gonna enlist my top 10 video games. The moreover that I'm planning to probably buy a Playstation 5 this year.

And I also plan to give some of my opinions, feelings, analysis and aspects I'd attribute to what a like in a good video game, because of course peoples' minds are different and have their lists of favorite video games for themselves.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 09:32:13 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2024, 09:37:37 AM by UWS »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Jedi:_Fallen_Order#/media/File:Cover_art_of_Star_Wars_Jedi_Fallen_Order.jpg
Number 1 : Star Wars : Jedi Fallen Order
Release date : 2019
Platforms : Playstation 4, Windows, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Stadia, Xbox Series X/S,
Developper : Respawn Entertainment
Publisher : EA

My number one favorite video game is Star Wars : Jedi Fallen Order based on the Star Wars universe, my favorite film saga. Set in 14 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin), 5 years after the events of Revenge of the Sith, the game's story features the story of Jedi Padawan Cal Kestis, one of the survivors of Order 66, as he travels the Galaxy with the Mantis' crew in a mission to rebuild the Jedi Order by finding a Holocron including a list of Force-sensitive children across the Galaxy while attempting to complete his training. However the crew is hunted by Imperial Inquisitors who are also seeking the Holocron to eliminate any hope of saving the Jedi Order

Cal Kestis, the protagonist of the game, is my favorite Star Wars character due to selflessness like for example he used the Force to save a friend from falling in the beginning of the game even if that would risk of being noticed by Imperial authorities. He also expresses admiration for the nature and compassion for creatures in different planets. In the game, Cal Kestis also demonstrates incredible courage like when he faced Darth Vader on Nur he admitted that he would not defeat Vader due to how powerful the Dark Lord was but still fought him because it was the best way to keep the Holocron safe after Cere was knocked out. What I also admire about the game is that the way the cutscenes were made gives the impression the game is actually another Star Wars movie. And by featuring a space adventure that features a Jedi Padawan (Cal Kestis), a Jedi mentor (Cere Junda), the alien pilot (Greez), the loyal droid (BD-1) and the princess of the Nightsisters (Merrin), I think that gives the mindset of the Star Wars Original Trilogy. Throughout the game, we can update Force powers and skills as the journey goes on as it follows the Metroidvania style of exploration and progression and also as we can use meditation circles to do so through meditation or with meditation arenas in which we combat waves of opponents. And BD-1 also helps upgrade our equipment by helping us access to chests and terminals and providing in Stim Canisters to heal. There are also a lot of references to the Star Wars canon saga like for example during the mission on Ilum when the Stormtroopers were mining Kyber Crystals (that are being used to build lightsabers) for the building of the Death Star's firepower or Obi-Wan Kenobi's warning message to survivors from Order 66 not to return to the Coruscant Jedi Temple during Order 66 to ensure the remaining Jedi won't fall in tha trap and won't be eliminated by the clone troopers.

Of course, some of John Williams' soundtrack from the Star Wars film saga was featured in the game but I do believe music added for the game sounds like John Williams' music composing art. What I also like from this game is that we learn more about the Galaxy's planets and systems like for example Kashyyyk's fauna and flora (like the Shyyyo bird giving Cal lift to Kashyyyk's Origin Tree). And by exploring Zeffo and Dathomir, we learn more about civilizations of the Galaxy like the Zeffo and the Nightsisters who also marked the story of the Jedi Order. And Nur, the location of Forteress Inquisitorious and of the game's final mission in which Cal, Cere and BD-1 must recover the Holocron from Insquisitors, is Mustafar's oceanic moon

And the game has a sequel titled Star Wars : Jedi Survivor that was released in 2023 and a third game of this game saga is in development. There is also speculations that Cal Kestis would earn his own life-action series or movie after the Star Wars : Jedi saga is completed a bit like they are doing for Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. As a great Star Wars fan, I can't wait for the future and what we can expect in the coming years
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2024, 09:01:21 AM »

I hope the latest Battlefirld 2042 makes the grade.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2024, 01:54:12 PM »

the only BF game I don't own
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2024, 02:08:55 PM »

Simpsons: Hit & Run is the greatest game of all time.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2024, 03:38:09 PM »

AOE2
LoZ Link's Awakening, the Gameboy original with all the glitches
Pokemon R/B, likewise.  Love a good broken game
Star Wars Battlefront II (2005)
F-Zero X (N64 version only, not the Switch release)
Star Fox 64 (likewise)
GoldenEye 007 -- the XBLA remaster is superior in every way
Logical Journey of the Zoombinis (original)
RPG Maker 2003
SimTunes

I would say this is the definitive GMac list of video games I invested countless hours into and love to death.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2024, 06:24:54 PM »

the only BF game I don't own

Get a good sound system when you play it.

The sound on this game is unbelievable. You need to be surrounded by 5.1 speakers so you can tell who is where.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2024, 11:23:04 AM »

UWS,
I haven't tried but check this out:
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2024, 08:01:28 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2024, 06:18:32 AM by UWS »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_Jedi:_Survivor#/media/File:Star_Wars_Jedi_Survivor.jpg
Number 2 : Star Wars : Jedi Survivor
Release date : 2023
Platforms : Playstation 4, Windows, Playstation 5, Xbox One, Stadia, Xbox Series X/S,
Developper : Respawn Entertainment
Publisher : EA

The Star Wars : Jedi saga continues with what I consider as the perfect sequel titled Star Wars : Jedi Survivor. Set in 9 BBY, 5 years after Star Wars : Jedi Fallen Order, this game follows the continuation of Cal Kestis' fight against the Galactic Empire. Now a Jedi Knight, Cal reunites with the Mantis' crew for a quest to find a planet named Tanalorr (a legendary Jedi sanctuary from the High Republic) that would be used as a sanctuary for the Hidden Path, a resistance organization of Jedi and Force-sensitives across the Galaxy who survived the Purge and whose mission is to give them new identities to keep them safe from the Empire.

The game's story is a little bit darker than the previous game, making it a decent sequel. In the beginning of the game, during the mission on Coruscant, we learn about the fate of the Jedi Temple following Order 66 as the Emperor turned the Jedi Temple into his palace. And Tanalorr's history and that of the Koboh system tells more about the story of the Jedi Order and the importance of reaching Tanalorr as a refuge for surviving Jedi and Force-sensitives. During the story, we discover new artillery used by the Empire, including the gigantic drilling ship aimed at destroying underground bases. During that mission to Jedha, we also discover a Nightsister ritual used by Merrin that can allow Cal to be able to fly in the air and reach points that would have been otherwise too far to reach. We also learn some Star Wars vocabulary like the "son of a Gundark" insult.

In the game we can chose lightsaber combat styles, including single-blade, double-blade, two single sabers or even a crossguard fighting style. Like in the previous game, we can update Force powers and skills as the journey goes on as game uses the Metroidvania style of exploration and progress and we can use meditation circles to upgrade Force skills through meditation or meditation arenas. We can upgrade BD's parts. We can even use Jedi mind tricks in order to facilitate our mission through the cooperation of opponents and even use that power to make stormtroopers or other opponents to temporarily fight by our side through killing their own comrades, thus facilitating the journey's progress.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2024, 11:00:19 AM »

Agreed, but mostly because Cameron Monaghan is suave and fine AF.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies