Biden campaign announces Whitmer as VP, replacing Harris
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 02:58:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden campaign announces Whitmer as VP, replacing Harris
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden campaign announces Whitmer as VP, replacing Harris  (Read 163 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 01, 2024, 10:32:37 AM »
« edited: April 01, 2024, 11:05:07 AM by President Punxsutawney Phil »

Per NBC News
Citing polling showing Kamala Harris with bad favorability ratings in recent polls, President Joe Biden, via a post on Elon Musk's X (formerly known as Twitter), has announced his Vice President has voluntarily removed herself from consideration as candidate for Vice President on his ticket. Gallup and Siena polling showing Trump ahead in key swing states such as Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania has left Biden focusing on improving his image among swing voters. His war chest has already placed ad buys months ahead to contrast Gretchen Whitmer with Donald Trump and is moving ahead with plans to take advantage of Republican financing issues to define the Republican nominee, Trump on his own terms.

Biden campaign officials declined to reveal everything but did say that they are looking "very seriously" at painting Trump as having been "weak" on key issues that concerned Americans in 2020, as well as bad for the country's democracy. "The Governor knows something about facing extremists, given she faced plots from those who wanted to use extra-democratic methods to interfere with government and the democratic process. It was unfortunately a sign of what was to come in form of the insurrection on January 6th" so a senior campaign official, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "Michigan remains a key state in November and we intend to keep Michigan blue." Michigan is agreed by election analysts to be a marquee swing state in November.
Amazing really.
President Biden is making big moves.
Really, I wouldn't have expected this.
Indeed it's very surprising.
Like, who would have anticipated this?
Fresh off being nominated Biden is trying to make it a rerun of 2020.
Ostensibly this should work but I have concerns...Covid-related...
Otherwise this is solid as Whitmer is a great governor.
Let me know what you think!
Special changes are taking place, this is surprising!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2024, 11:22:57 AM »

I wish that was actually true. While I think Harris is overly hated and personally like her, I would prefer Big Gretch in the second spot. Definitely rooting for her to be the 2028 nominee.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies