Political future of MTG?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:57:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Political future of MTG?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political future of MTG?  (Read 305 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2024, 04:38:18 PM »

What is Marjorie Taylor Greene’s political future?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2024, 04:40:31 PM »

Stays in the House for life as a constant annoyance to everybody else in the country.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 05:18:45 PM »

Decides to run for Senate or Governor and gets routed in the primaries, goes on the cable/grift circuit claiming it was stolen from her.
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2024, 07:51:15 PM »

Decides to run for Senate or Governor and gets routed in the primaries, goes on the cable/grift circuit claiming it was stolen from her.

Would she lose a primary though?
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2024, 07:59:24 PM »

Would she lose a primary though?

Statewide?  Very likely.  But if not, she'd just delay getting routed until the general election.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2024, 09:07:50 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2024, 09:19:32 AM by Dr Oz Lost Party! »

A combo of what GeorgiaModerate and Progressive Pessimist said: probably eventually runs for higher office, most likely Senate or Governor, and easily loses the primary or general (her performance in the Atlanta metro would be a Chernobyl-like meltdown for the Georgia Republicans). She'll then just somehow go back to being a member of the House, either for life or until she gets bored with it and decides to take her grifting somewhere else.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2024, 10:12:31 PM »

i could see one of two paths happening;

1. She decides to run for statewide office and wins the primary fairly easily. Unless Georgia trends back to the right, the only way I could see her winning is either if it's a Dem midterm and the president is historically unpopular, or more likely if whoever her opponent is, is involved in a major scandal.

2. She continues to be influential in her party, potentially becoming a house speaker. She uses her influence to run for president, but it's unlikely she wins.

Either way unless Atlanta spills into her district or she gets redistricted, I don't see her losing an election as a Rep. Unlike Boebert, she doesn't have any personal scandals outside of the constant media attention and controversial views.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2024, 11:50:21 PM »

A combo of what GeorgiaModerate and Progressive Pessimist said: probably eventually runs for higher office, most likely Senate or Governor, and easily loses the primary or general (her performance in the Atlanta metro would be a Chernobyl-like meltdown for the Georgia Republicans). She'll then just end up remaining a member of the House, either for life or until she gets bored with it and decides to take her grifting somewhere else.

Yeah if she runs for statewide office she has to give up her house seat.

i could see one of two paths happening;

1. She decides to run for statewide office and wins the primary fairly easily. Unless Georgia trends back to the right, the only way I could see her winning is either if it's a Dem midterm and the president is historically unpopular, or more likely if whoever her opponent is, is involved in a major scandal.

2. She continues to be influential in her party, potentially becoming a house speaker. She uses her influence to run for president, but it's unlikely she wins.

Either way unless Atlanta spills into her district or she gets redistricted, I don't see her losing an election as a Rep. Unlike Boebert, she doesn't have any personal scandals outside of the constant media attention and controversial views.

If Cobb was half of GA-14 like Douglas is of CO-04 MTG would be in big trouble in a primary. I anticipate Boebert’s Douglas County showing to be catastrophic.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2024, 09:24:46 AM »

House Commitee chair.

If somehow Georgia becomes again a solid red state in the future, she would run to the Senate. I can see her winning a statewide GOP primary.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies