dudes punching women in the head/face in NYC, in broad* day light
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:34:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  dudes punching women in the head/face in NYC, in broad* day light
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dudes punching women in the head/face in NYC, in broad* day light  (Read 120 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2024, 03:02:05 AM »

NBC News
Several women have come forward on social media sharing incidents in which they said they were punched by men while they walking the streets of downtown Manhattan in broad daylight in the last month.

Multiple videos — which were uploaded to TikTok — have picked up traction in the last week, with women online sharing their safety concerns in comments and reply videos. One woman said she was assaulted walking home from class. Another said she was assaulted on her way to work. A third woman said she was attacked walking her dog. At least two of the women described suspects with similar characteristics.

<snip>

In February, police reported a decrease in shootings, murders and other crimes, like grand larceny, as opposed to February of last year. However, there was a 3.6% uptick in felony assault, with 1,968 incidents reported to police last month. According to crime statistics for this past week, misdemeanor assault is up 10.3% from this time last year, and it has gone up 15.7% in the past two years.

A police spokesperson declined to answer any additional questions about the recent assault incidents, including whether they represent an uptick in violent crime against women in the city or whether the police department is taking any additional measures to ensure their safety.
some are blaming incels, but it seems to be mostly homeless men by the descriptions

*no offense to the broads out there
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 11:36:07 AM »

some are blaming incels, but it seems to be mostly homeless men by the descriptions

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 11:51:19 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2024, 11:57:33 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Glad you found some statistics so when I share a story about something happening contemporaneously to my loved ones which could explain on-the-ground vibes it is no longer dismissed as an anecdote - like presumably these extremely similar videos would be. Data collection takes time.

People are no doubt subject to certain biases, but trends in vibes are perhaps better signifiers than actual data.

oh anecdotes.

I wasn't experiencing crime before and I'm not now.  Of course I'm not an idiot and chose to live in a low crime place where I can drink the tap water and the kids had a good public schools to go to.  I don't know why so many people feel like they must live in a high crime, high traffic areas with sh**tty schools and bad water.  You are free to move inside the US.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 11:54:37 AM »

Women are much safer in their kitchens.
NYDem
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 12:04:40 PM »

Allowing mentally ill homeless people to roam the streets assaulting people is a policy choice. It's maddening that people act as though this is just some unavoidable fact of life that has to be accepted.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 12:34:59 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2024, 12:51:51 PM by H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY »

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

The rumor I heard was that incels were paying homeless men to do it, based on hearing that some of the men apparently apologized before they punched the women.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies