WalterMitty (R) vs. Howard Dean (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  WalterMitty (R) vs. Howard Dean (D)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: WalterMitty (R) vs. Howard Dean (D)
Dean/Dean

Dean/Walter

Walter/Dean

Walter/Walter

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 32

Author Topic: WalterMitty (R) vs. Howard Dean (D)  (Read 4874 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2007, 03:32:48 PM »

Which of the Lutheran denominations leans that way? I know it's not ELCA, but I always get the Missouri Synod and the Wisconsin Synod mixed up.

Anyway, the latter seems to be strong in the rural counties just West of where BRTD is (and also along the parts of the Wisconsin border South of the Twin Cities), while the former seems to be strong in most (though not all) rural parts of the state. The ELCA is the strongest Lutheran denomination in all but a handful of counties though.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2007, 04:15:41 PM »

Which of the Lutheran denominations leans that way? I know it's not ELCA, but I always get the Missouri Synod and the Wisconsin Synod mixed up.

Wisconsin Synod (WELS) is the most conservative. The Missouri Synod (LCMS) is pretty conservative on political and cultural matters but not too much into fundamentalist theology (they even issued a decree condemning that Left Behind nonsense)

Anyway, the latter seems to be strong in the rural counties just West of where BRTD is (and also along the parts of the Wisconsin border South of the Twin Cities), while the former seems to be strong in most (though not all) rural parts of the state. The ELCA is the strongest Lutheran denomination in all but a handful of counties though.

Most of those really conservative counties west of me aren't dominated by conservative Lutherans though, but ultra-conservative Catholics and Dutch Calvinists.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2007, 07:41:59 PM »

Red's got it right.

LCMS (which I'm a member of) is conservative, but not crazy. I think.

The similarities between red and myself are striking, December 83 C-Section babies, lutheran...and....and...and...

okay, err, maybe not that similar.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies