"Quiet on Set" Nickelodeon docuseries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:37:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  "Quiet on Set" Nickelodeon docuseries
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Quiet on Set" Nickelodeon docuseries  (Read 179 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2024, 04:31:11 PM »

Has anybody else seen this? I watched the first four episodes last night. A fifth one is slated to come out next month. Those of you who were also of age around the time of Nickelodeon's golden years, particularly the early-mid 2000s, will find their childhoods tainted. But the truth matters, disturbing as it can often be.

I grew up watching most of the shows that were talked about (All That, The Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, iCarly, etc.). It's obviously been years since I watched any of those shows, but seeing clips of them with adult eyes really makes it difficult to see them as anything other than sexualization children. Dan Schneider's obsession with underage girls' feet already came to light several years ago, but the story gets worse the further down the rabbit hole you go - such as the fact that a convicted pedophile somehow managed to find work at Disney less than two years after his arrest for sexually assaulting Drake Bell.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 08:06:56 PM »

It made me feel bad for how callous I've been in the past when talking about the disastrous lives of former child stars like Drake Bell and Amanda Bynes. You never know what someone's been through.
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 10:46:10 PM »

I've been watching, but only the first episode featured an era of Nickelodeon that I actually watched (that is, the 90s). I'm old.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies