Ronna McDaniel OUT at NBC News
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ronna McDaniel OUT at NBC News
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Ronna McDaniel OUT at NBC News  (Read 1532 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 26, 2024, 12:22:17 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 12:29:22 PM »

Good. No platform should ever be given to election deniers and overall proven serial liars.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 12:34:39 PM »

Good. No platform should ever be given to election deniers and overall proven serial liars.

Embarrassing for leadership at NBC. How anyone there thought this was a good idea is mind boggling. Not sure what the intent was here at all.
GAinDC

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 12:38:22 PM »

Embarrassing for leadership at NBC. How anyone there thought this was a good idea is mind boggling. Not sure what the intent was here at all.

Seriously! I understand NBC news wanting to have conservative voices on their programs, but ....HER? Surely they can find a Republican commentator who wasn't so instrumental in enabling Trump and spreading his lies.

And if they wanted to hire her simply as rage bait for their liberal viewers, then that's even worse. Journalism is a public service, not cheap entertainment.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 12:41:06 PM »

Seriously! I understand NBC news wanting to have conservative voices on their programs, but ....HER? Surely they can find a Republican commentator who wasn't so instrumental in enabling Trump and parroting his lies.

And if they wanted to hire her simply as rage bait for their liberal viewers, then that's even worse. Journalism is a public service, not cheap entertainment.

Yeah, and the weirder part is that they went into this knowing it would likely be a PR disaster (unless they're delusional??) given that it was pretty big news that NBC News had major layoffs just a matter of weeks ago. How you thought you were going to go from that to hiring this woman for $300K/year without anyone saying anything is again, just super delusional
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 12:46:46 PM »

Yeah, and the weirder part is that they went into this knowing it would likely be a PR disaster (unless they're delusional??) given that it was pretty big news that NBC News had major layoffs just a matter of weeks ago. How you thought you were going to go from that to hiring this woman for $300K/year without anyone saying anything is again, just super delusional

If Chuck Todd of all people attacks the network publicly then imagine what happened behind the scenes.
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2024, 12:48:07 PM »

I understand where the sentiments are coming from. Still, there is going to be a fundamental incongruence between the concept of a national news network, and an extended effort to cancel 45% of the country.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2024, 12:52:40 PM »

I understand where the sentiments are coming from. Still, there is going to be a fundamental incongruence between the concept of a national news network, and an extended effort to cancel 45% of the country.

Sorry but this is a bad faith argument and you know it. There is a vast difference between hiring someone who is simply a Republican and hiring someone who is an election denier and was quite literally a part of the scheme to try and steal the last election. No honest news organization would hire someone with those credentials. This very clearly is not about ideology and again, trying to make it out to be purely that is just disingenuous.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2024, 12:59:10 PM »

This woman was a champion of the notion that 2020 was a fraudulent election and that Biden is an illegitimate president, plus denying the seriousness of 1/6, thus furthering an agenda of destruction and dismantlement of American democracy….only until she got hired by NBC and reversed her position on all of it.

She’s not only not a serious person, she directly contributed to the erosion of our government and a subversion of its people. She shouldn’t be given a platform, and she should be completely outcast from society.
GAinDC

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 01:00:16 PM »

Republicans think "they are being silenced" when in reality they are just facing the consequences of their actions
Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 01:00:45 PM »

Sorry but this is a bad faith argument and you know it. There is a vast difference between hiring someone who is simply a Republican and hiring someone who is an election denier and was quite literally a part of the scheme to try and steal the last election. No honest news organization would hire someone with those credentials. This very clearly is not about ideology and again, trying to make it out to be purely that is just disingenuous.

You win some, you lose some. Donald Trump has won the 2024 Republican nomination. Choosing to only represent anti-Trump Republicans is either opting not to represent one side of the political spectrum on your network, or to mislead your audience into believing something else*.

I actually don't have a problem with the former if networks are upfront about it. If NBC wants to be clear they will be a Democratic outlet as long as Donald Trump dominates the Republican party that is fine. What irritates me about MSNBC is the insistence on platforming astroturfed "Republicans" who represent nobody but a grift on resistance wine moms.

NBC is justified in not employing Ronna or anyone else but they should be upfront and acknowledge what that decision means, instead of treating it like a fringe view.

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 01:06:23 PM »

It shows how insanely appeasing the corporate media is of the worst aspects of the conservative movement. They fire people on the left for the slightest offense or misspeak.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 01:07:39 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2024, 01:29:18 PM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

Specifically, 1/3 (33%) of Americans believe that the 2020 election was 'stolen' from Donald Trump, which is the issue in question here, so this isn't about '45% of the country being cancelled.'

If we go further with that, 28% of Americans in the last survey believe that September 11 was an 'inside job.' Should those people be represented in the media?

I think news organizations should be able to say that 'believing the facts and evidence as they've been reported by all credible organizations including those with investigative powers is a precondition for the job.'

Of course, any journalist worth their salt who has reason to question the prevailing evidence, for historical instance, any journalist who questions the Warren Commission, should be able to pursue their beliefs, but when the deniers fall into loony conspiracy theories or accusations against people who will be their colleagues, that clearly crosses a line.

If it's predominantly Republicans or '45% of the country' who have a problem with that, maybe they should take a look at themselves and not falsely claim victimhood of being 'cancelled'
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 01:13:15 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2024, 01:16:23 PM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

You win some, you lose some. Donald Trump has won the 2024 Republican nomination. Choosing to only represent anti-Trump Republicans is either opting not to represent one side of the political spectrum on your network, or to mislead your audience into believing something else*.

I actually don't have a problem with the former if networks are upfront about it. If NBC wants to be clear they will be a Democratic outlet as long as Donald Trump dominates the Republican party that is fine. What irritates me about MSNBC is the insistence on platforming astroturfed "Republicans" who represent nobody but a grift on resistance wine moms.

NBC is justified in not employing Ronna or anyone else but they should be upfront and acknowledge what that decision means, instead of treating it like a fringe view.

1.There seem to be considerably more 'never Trump' Republicans than that. They aren't enough to win anything anywhere, but they are as much as between 25-30% of Republican voters. So, claiming these anti Trump Republicans are grifters is, itself, a grift.

2.In terms of 'representing' the voices of lying grifters like Donald Trump and Ronna McDaniel, I think the media should listen to its highly respected journalists like Edward R Murrow
“I simply cannot accept that there are, on every story, two equal and logical sides to an argument.”
― Edward R. Murrow

Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2024, 01:17:18 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 01:34:28 PM »

McDaniel went far beyond simply believing the election was stolen, or saying so.  She actively participated in the effort to overthrow the election!  That's more than enough reason not to give her a platform.  There are plenty of other Republicans, even Trump-supporting ones, even ones who believe the election was stolen, who didn't actively try to steal it themselves.  If NBC wants to give one of them a slot, fine. 
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 01:40:32 PM »

Good.

These traitors actions should follow them the rest of their lives, wherever they go.
Benjamin Frank 2.0
Frank 2.0
Canada

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 01:47:51 PM »
« Edited: March 26, 2024, 01:51:32 PM by Benjamin Frank 2.0 »

This is a person who has threatened the lives of journalists. For the Republicans here, should a person who has called for Donald Trump to be assassinated be hired by a news organization?

I'm pretty sure she has threatened the lives of journalists, but if I'm wrong on that, it doesn't matter anyway, because according to people like Ronna McDaniels, I can simply make up my own truth and it's as valid as any other truth.

Edit: Ronna McDaniels called for journalists to be put on trial for treason and to be executed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 01:53:02 PM »

No one who has supported criminal activity should have a platform on television especially when said criminal activity is set to be repeated. On top of that she was lying about everything her first day on the air.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2024, 02:43:21 PM »

Never cared for Ronna. Never cared for NBC. Seemed the two were meant to be. What a shame it didn't work out. Plenty of cable networks in the sea though.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2024, 02:53:08 PM »

She's awful but I don't blame her; NBC should've never signed the contract to begin with.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2024, 03:22:14 PM »

They wanted a relative insider on board if Trump wins and starts imitating Putin.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2024, 03:30:57 PM »

I just want a Republican on MS/NBC who considers practically all active Republicans domestic terrorists that should be in Gitmo.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 03:35:55 PM »

Cable news thinks that if they appeal to Trump supporters then they'll slow their decline, but it's not going to happen. All they'll do is accelerate their own demise by hemorrhaging viewership from the anti-Trump boomer liberals that watch them now. CNN experienced something similar when they staged that propaganda event for Trump in New Hampshire last year. 
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 04:11:33 PM »

I just want a Republican on MS/NBC who considers practically all active Republicans domestic terrorists that should be in Gitmo.

Just the ones who either physically engaged in insurrection, or used their positions of power to enable and incite said insurrection. Not anywhere close to "all active Republicans".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies