Describe a Republican who likes Marvel movies
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:25:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Describe a Republican who likes Marvel movies
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Describe a Republican who likes Marvel movies  (Read 488 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 25, 2024, 12:32:12 PM »

At this point it seems the only people who like them are people who believe they're owning the cons by watching them.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2024, 12:40:11 PM »

Marvel movies were mass culture for about a decade; you might as well be asking "describe a Republican who likes sports" or "Describe a Republican who likes Star Wars."
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2024, 02:09:19 PM »

Marvel movies were mass culture for about a decade; you might as well be asking "describe a Republican who likes sports" or "Describe a Republican who likes Star Wars."

This.  "Likes Marvel movies" includes a slew of movies that were exceptionally popular and well received.  If BRTD is trying to find a Republican who continues to loyally support Marvel's steady decline in to trash movies that seem to care more about messaging than quality, yes, that might be more difficult ... but plenty of Democrats are unimpressed with their latest efforts, too.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2024, 02:27:48 PM »

A normal person who touches grass and doesn't constantly binge watch conservative cultural commentary??

These "describe a voter for Party X with characteristics Y" threads have always been among the most inane wastes of energy and bandwidth that plague this forum, but it feels like they just keep getting stupider and stupider.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2024, 03:15:49 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2024, 03:19:16 PM by they don't love you like i love you »

This.  "Likes Marvel movies" includes a slew of movies that were exceptionally popular and well received.  If BRTD is trying to find a Republican who continues to loyally support Marvel's steady decline in to trash movies that seem to care more about messaging than quality, yes, that might be more difficult ... but plenty of Democrats are unimpressed with their latest efforts, too.
No no no, according to a certain poster here no one except raging incels hates Marvel's latest movies and a decent percentage of the forum thinks there's absolutely nothing wrong with him, and thus nothing wrong with that statement.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2024, 03:26:00 PM »

A normal person who touches grass and doesn't constantly binge watch conservative cultural commentary??
Funnily enough it seems the most common people who actually do that are exactly the types I mentioned who still watch them to own the cons, most liberals just are completely unaware of this sort of thing because they pay no attention to it and just don't like the movies now. Definitely the position of the median poster on this forum.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2024, 05:01:34 PM »

Funnily enough it seems the most common people who actually do that are exactly the types I mentioned who still watch them to own the cons, most liberals just are completely unaware of this sort of thing because they pay no attention to it and just don't like the movies now. Definitely the position of the median poster on this forum.

No lol, most people who watch Marvel movies aren't trying to make a political point. Most people watch Marvel movies because they'll watch whatever's popular and have no standards for quality. The vast majority of people don't have any political motivations for their everyday actions and us freaks should probably keep that in mind.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 05:19:57 PM »

No lol, most people who watch Marvel movies aren't trying to make a political point. Most people watch Marvel movies because they'll watch whatever's popular and have no standards for quality. The vast majority of people don't have any political motivations for their everyday actions and us freaks should probably keep that in mind.
We've had some multi-page threads here arguing about them as if liking them or not is some sort of key cultural issue.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 05:30:13 PM »

We've had some multi-page threads here arguing about them as if liking them or not is some sort of key cultural issue.

You

You do realize Atlas is not representative of real life, right
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.74, S: -6.61

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 05:40:39 PM »

They are known to be propaganda for the military industrial complex. Conservatives shouldn't have trouble watching movies centered a objectivist billionaire who works with the Pentagon.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 05:48:42 PM »

These "describe a voter for Party X with characteristics Y" threads have always been among the most inane wastes of energy and bandwidth that plague this forum, but it feels like they just keep getting stupider and stupider.

Marvel is a poor example of using cultural taste to describe a certain voter because they are large monoculture media consumed by Democrats and Republicans alike. It would be one thing if we were asking to "describe a Republican who likes Michael Moore movies," where that would be a rarity worth asking. Any massive pop culture phenomenon is going to have broad appeal that asking to "describe x voter who likes Marvel" is pointless.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 06:35:41 PM »

Marvel is a poor example of using cultural taste to describe a certain voter because they are large monoculture media consumed by Democrats and Republicans alike. It would be one thing if we were asking to "describe a Republican who likes Michael Moore movies," where that would be a rarity worth asking.
How about "a Republican whose favorite kinds of music are emo and melodic hardcore"?
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2024, 06:49:43 PM »

Marvel is a poor example of using cultural taste to describe a certain voter because they are large monoculture media consumed by Democrats and Republicans alike. It would be one thing if we were asking to "describe a Republican who likes Michael Moore movies," where that would be a rarity worth asking.
How about "a Republican whose favorite kinds of music are emo and melodic hardcore"?

An older millennial who was really into emo in high school and who became subsequently more conservative with age but who retained fondness for the music of their youth, perhaps nostalgically believing music has gone downhill since that time? I don't see how it's that hard to imagine; I mean, a few not overly large tweaks to my own biography gets me there.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2024, 08:34:10 PM »

1 The type of people that loved Endgame but didn't like the 'woke films'.

2 Comic book nerds?

3 Normies that vote republican for their fiscal and crime policies
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2024, 10:14:37 PM »

An older millennial who was really into emo in high school and who became subsequently more conservative with age but who retained fondness for the music of their youth, perhaps nostalgically believing music has gone downhill since that time? I don't see how it's that hard to imagine; I mean, a few not overly large tweaks to my own biography gets me there.
From my admittedly anecdotal experience, people like that tend to still remain repulsed by the GOP now because of Trump. Remember these are mostly college-educated people.
MyLifeIsYours
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 01:13:57 PM »

Pretty much what RI written above me. That type of person is just unlikely to be engaging in the subculture as they are older and have families now, so you would not see conservative emo fans interacting online or among concert goers.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 06:24:37 PM »

One who doesn't use the internet to complain about them.

Theoretically, these people exist.
The Right Honourable Martin Brian Mulroney PC CC GOQ
laddicus finch

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 08:27:53 PM »

Lol I think this is the first I've heard of this, and I'm an actual conservative. I feel like I've maybe seen some people get worked up about Marvel's woke agenda or whatever, but that goes for everything these days.

I mean, I don't like Marvel movies myself, but that's because they're boring and repetitive. Not sure that has anything to do with politics.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2024, 08:20:00 PM »

So can we safely conclude that "no one except alt-right incels hate Marvel movies" is an incredibly mind numbing f[inks]ing moronic take?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies