Who is going to win?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:23:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Who is going to win?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: 153 day poll
Biden

Pure tossup

Trump

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 82

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Who is going to win?  (Read 715 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2024, 05:00:48 AM »

At this point?

All but a literal miracle.

I am not convinced Trump will lose if he is convicted, if any of his trials even see the light of the day before the election (doubtful).

I am not even convinced Trump will lose if he LITERALLY shoots someone in broad daylight, on camera, in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

I would have to see lots of sustained polling suggesting the currently extremely bleak forecast has somehow reversed before I even considered getting my hopes up Biden could win. And frankly I just don't think that's possible because, to the same extent Trump seems to be "Teflon Don," Biden seems incapable of getting anyone to like him no matter what he does.

Best economy since the Clinton years by every objective metric? Doesn't matter.

A rousing State of the Union that seems to defy his image as a doddering old man? Doesn't matter.

Fact is people's perceptions of Biden are baked in and seemingly permanent. Damage is done and there is no undoing it anymore. A front porch campaign hasn't worked since 1896, and Biden was only able to get away with it in 2020 kind of because of very unique circumstances. But reality is even if he had the energy, time, and charisma to hold rallies to match Trump's, no one would show up. No one likes him. He's done. He's over. He's a dead fish in the water, completely DOA. We can try to resuscitate him but all attempts will be futile. We can try to reason with his haters until the cows come home; doesn't matter, their minds are made up and have been to some time and no ad, no speech, no rally, no social media post, NOTHING is going to change them. People seem to believe Biden is a demented Alzheimer's patient with as much faith and certainty as ISIS believes they are sanctioned by Allah, and good luck convincing the latter they're wrong no matter what you say.

Literally the only, faint hope the Democrats have is replacing Biden at the convention. It still probably is futile, too little too late and will be seen as desperate and protested fiercely by the usual "reeeeeeeeeee" suspects on the left.

Basically at this point my outlook on this election is the same as this guy's was on global warming:

(Lol this is perfect: "If your house is burning to the ground, the situation's dire. If your house has already burned to the ground, the situation's over.")

It is literally already over, and we will just go through a long, painstaking process of people who have their heads buried deep in the sand in denial being forcibly ripped out of the sand and made to face reality in the coming months.

Best advice I have for anyone is to make peace with the fact that Donald Trump will be president again and respond to that reality as they best see fit. If that means leaving the country, moving to a different state, or just emotionally preparing themselves, it is what it is and you need to be prepared for it because it's going to happen.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2024, 05:08:36 AM »

At this point?

I am not convinced Trump will lose if he is convicted, if any of his trials even see the light of the day before the election (doubtful).

I am not even convinced Trump will lose if he LITERALLY shoots someone in broad daylight, on camera, in the middle of Fifth Avenue.

I would have to see lots of sustained polling suggesting the currently extremely bleak forecast has somehow reversed before I even considered getting my hopes up Biden could win. And frankly I just don't think that's possible because, to the same extent Trump seems to be "Teflon Don," Biden seems incapable of getting anyone to like him no matter what he does.

A rousing State of the Union that seems to defy his image as a doddering old man? Doesn't matter.

Fact is people's perceptions of Biden are baked in and seemingly permanent. Damage is done and there is no undoing it anymore. A front porch campaign hasn't worked since 1896, and Biden was only able to get away with it in 2020 kind of because of very unique circumstances. But reality is even if he had the energy, time, and charisma to hold rallies to match Trump's, no one would show up. No one likes him. He's done. He's over. He's a dead fish in the water, completely DOA. We can try to resuscitate him but all attempts will be futile. We can try to reason with his haters until the cows come home; doesn't matter, their minds are made up and have been to some time and no ad, no speech, no rally, no social media post, NOTHING is going to change them. People seem to believe Biden is a demented Alzheimer's patient with as much faith and certainty as ISIS believes they are sanctioned by Allah, and good luck convincing the latter they're wrong no matter what you say.

Literally the only, faint hope the Democrats have is replacing Biden at the convention. It still probably is futile, too little too late and will be seen as desperate and protested fiercely by the usual "reeeeeeeeeee" suspects on the left.

Basically at this point my outlook on this election is the same as this guy's was on global warming:

(Lol this is perfect: "If your house is burning to the ground, the situation's dire. If your house has already burned to the ground, the situation's over.")

It is literally already over, and we will just go through a long, painstaking process of people who have their heads buried deep in the sand in denial being forcibly ripped out of the sand and made to face reality in the coming months.

Best advice I have for anyone is to make peace with the fact that Donald Trump will be president again and respond to that reality as they best see fit. If that means leaving the country, moving to a different state, or just emotionally preparing themselves, it is what it is and you need to be prepared for it because it's going to happen.

What was the “point of no return” for Biden, in your opinion? The moment Trump 47 became inevitable?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2024, 06:52:03 AM »

Still going by polls not votes
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2024, 08:20:02 AM »

At this point?

I mean there has been some recent movement in polling post SOTU, but it’s gonna be gradual
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2024, 09:10:43 AM »

Lol us Loosing PA, WI and MI and Trump leads are within MOE are laughable.

We don't vote for 7 months but we are in position with Early voting to overcome all those small Trump leads
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2024, 09:25:15 AM »

Neither outcome would totally shock me, but I voted toss-up.

I do think it's lean Trump right now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2024, 09:49:45 AM »

Again, why would Biden lose MI,PA and WI, he's not
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2024, 11:16:20 AM »

These GA and MA Avatars except Georgia Moderate are like Doomers why would you invoke Trump name as the winner until we vote and Ds have won all the time

Why do you think OSR or MT Treasure or 2016 aren't on here support Trump because he's an insurrection. They are wrong on supporting Tax cuts but they don't like Trump still
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2024, 01:13:55 PM »

Okay doomer.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2024, 01:30:35 PM »

MR. DARK BRANDON’s thread from Friday:

This thread:

So apparently there’s been a big swing towards Trump in just one day.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2024, 01:33:18 PM »

He's turned into another one GA avatars except for GA Moderate the 3 MA Avatars and then KY, book it they are all Doomers
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies