Posters becoming politicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 07:59:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Posters becoming politicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: Posters becoming politicans  (Read 16925 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2004, 04:30:21 PM »

its up to you.
Josh/Devilman88
josh4bush
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 3.61, S: -1.74

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 04:37:52 PM »

Me, I plan on it.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 04:41:36 PM »

I think I will be a politician but I'm not listed Sad

Of these listed...I guess Super. Handzus might become a politician but I would likely run against him at some point and beat him Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 04:47:04 PM »

I think I will be a politician but I'm not listed Sad

Of these listed...I guess Super. Handzus might become a politician but I would likely run against him at some point and beat him Tongue

I ran out of room lol.
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 04:48:23 PM »

Ben Smiley
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »

Of those listed Ford has the best chance. He already works in politics I believe. I may become one.
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 04:55:54 PM »

Staesrights, as Mayor of Plant City, Florida. I think he will become a Council Man, then Mayor, and perhaps even a State Senator.

For all I know I a may enter politcs. I think I will run for Mayor of Davenport (or West Branch) after being a history teacher for a while.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 04:58:57 PM »

Staesrights, as Mayor of Plant City, Florida. I think he will become a Council Man, then Mayor, and perhaps even a State Senator.

For all I know I a may enter politcs. I think I will run for Mayor of Davenport (or West Branch) after being a history teacher for a while.

I plan on running for city council next time around. I have been pounding the ground trying to get support from Plant City Old timers. They bring the younger people out for you, believe it or not.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 05:07:17 PM »

All I know is that Nym should Smiley

And PBrunsel Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 05:10:16 PM »

Agreed.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 09:15:54 PM »

PBrunsel
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 10:20:52 PM »

Thanks Tweed. Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 10:48:33 PM »

"The truth is out there." Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 01:23:37 AM »

I'll be a Democrat for PA-13 in 2024!!!! OH YEAH!!
qwerty
Dick Nixon
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2004, 03:57:15 AM »

I've got it all planned out. I'll run for Mayor in four years, and make sure I get lots of publicity so I am a household name around the Congressional district - then run for the House in 2012 - get lots of publicity (I would be the youngest person elected to congress) so I am a household name around the state. Then after 3-5 terms in the House I'll make a run for Governor.

I just need the money to do all of this... I've already saved $6,500.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2004, 04:19:08 AM »

I plan on running for a relativly minor office, getting pissed-off at the party bosses and then leading an upstrat 3rd party movement.  Smiley

No not really.  Wink
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2004, 08:40:38 AM »

I plan on running for a relativly minor office, getting pissed-off at the party bosses and then leading an upstrat 3rd party movement.  Smiley

Like your hero, ex-Rep Jim Trafficant? Well, I guess Congress isn't exactly "relatively Minor office"! (See, I noticed your other post!)

Trafficant was run out for exposing the truth of the Democratic party and for questioning the IRS. If you wish to continue a political career you NEVER question the Mafia IRS. Wink

And BTW,

Why don't you Pennsylvanians all meet up or something? Have a Atlas Forum Pennsylvanian meeting. Smiley
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2004, 05:35:42 PM »

I've got it all planned out. I'll run for Mayor in four years, and make sure I get lots of publicity so I am a household name around the Congressional district - then run for the House in 2012 - get lots of publicity (I would be the youngest person elected to congress) so I am a household name around the state. Then after 3-5 terms in the House I'll make a run for Governor.

I just need the money to do all of this... I've already saved $6,500.
Good start. Budget about $0.50 to $1.00 per resident or about $3.00 to $5.00 per vote cast in the last election for the office. That should cover mailings, signs and ads.

More important is to get some organization. You need a core of backers who will provide ideas, legwork, and communication skill. The sooner the groupbegins to get together the better they will work together through a campaign.
qwerty
Dick Nixon
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2004, 11:04:17 PM »

More important is to get some organization. You need a core of backers who will provide ideas, legwork, and communication skill. The sooner the groupbegins to get together the better they will work together through a campaign.

If I have enough money in late 2009, I will form my exploritory committee then. It is important to campaign early and always as if you are trailing in the polls.
MarkDel

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2004, 11:11:59 PM »

As someone who used to be involved in politics for real, I think I have some pretty good insight into this question. While I have not met you guys in person, based on what I've read on this forum in terms of substance AND style, there are very, very few people who actually have a chance to be elected to significant political office.

On the forum, one person stands out above the rest as a guy with a very, very real future in politics based on his intelligence, demeanor, and the substance AND style of his arguments. More on him at the end...

But guys who COULD have a future from what I see include Supersoulty and PBrunsel on the Republican side, and Ben and Nym90 on the Democratic side. As for the European contingent, both Gustaf and JFK could also be on that track. But all of these people mentioned have limitations which could hinder their chances...

The only surefire politician on this forum...if he wants it...is John Ford.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2004, 11:32:36 PM »

As someone who used to be involved in politics for real, I think I have some pretty good insight into this question. While I have not met you guys in person, based on what I've read on this forum in terms of substance AND style, there are very, very few people who actually have a chance to be elected to significant political office.

On the forum, one person stands out above the rest as a guy with a very, very real future in politics based on his intelligence, demeanor, and the substance AND style of his arguments. More on him at the end...

But guys who COULD have a future from what I see include Supersoulty and PBrunsel on the Republican side, and Ben and Nym90 on the Democratic side. As for the European contingent, both Gustaf and JFK could also be on that track. But all of these people mentioned have limitations which could hinder their chances...

Wow, thank you.  I do hope to go into politics, so this is very encouraging.
MarkDel

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2004, 11:46:28 PM »

Wow, thank you.  I do hope to go into politics, so this is very encouraging.

John,

No problem. It's the truth. You know the facts and present them in a way that average people can understand...this is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT factor in becoming a successful politician. It's more important than your positions, it's more important than your party and it's sure as hell more important than merely being intelligent.

You remind me of...ME...about 20 years ago, only you're not burdened by the New York "I'll kick your ass" attitude that sometimes hampered me.

And a little tip from me...STAY IN SHAPE...you would be surprised by how many party leaders consider physical attractiveness when they select a candidate. When the Republicans in Upstate NY asked me to run, more than half of the party leaders I spoke to in private mentioned to me at some point that, "In addition to everything else, you LOOK the part with the blond hair, blue eyes, etc, etc...." Of course, if I went to run for office now, they'd say, "We already have enough fat, bald guys in the party" but back then my appearance was a major positive factor..just ask John Edwards.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2004, 11:57:24 PM »

I might run for city council or state legislature in Minneapolis and then make a run for Congress or mayor. Of course it'd have to be in Minneapolis since that's one of the few cities I could get elected in.
MarkDel

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 12:09:32 AM »

I might run for city council or state legislature in Minneapolis and then make a run for Congress or mayor. Of course it'd have to be in Minneapolis since that's one of the few cities I could get elected in.

BetterRed,

Not even the Democratic Party would nominate you unless it was a completely unwinnable race and they needed a sacrificial lamb.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 12:15:08 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2004, 12:16:01 AM by Better Red Than Dead »

Or if it was an election that no Republican could ever possibly win, which is true of every election in Minneapolis. The current mayor was actively involved in anti-war protests and there are more Greens on the city council than Republicans (as the number of Republicans is 0.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies