Will RFK Jr.'s campaign last until the election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:07:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Will RFK Jr.'s campaign last until the election?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will RFK Jr.'s campaign last until the election?  (Read 363 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 20, 2024, 03:25:40 PM »

What are the chances RFK Jr. drops out before the election? Obviously he's not going to be elected president at all, and running for president is expensive as hell. Let alone he doesn't have universal ballot access either.

Even though it's debated whether he would really hurt Biden more or whether he also takes votes, I would honestly prefer a binary race. Even though I don't expect him to get nearly as many votes as polls currently suggest.

Thoughts?
Redban

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 03:26:48 PM »

Yeah, he has money, followers, and an infrastructure for ballot access. He's done well in getting signatures in GA, AZ, MI, and other places.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2024, 03:28:19 PM »

At this point, there's no reason not to see it through no matter what the result is. He obviously knows he's not going to win (and if he truly thinks otherwise, he is more sick in the head than previously though) but there's no harm in continuing to waste the money that he does take in and then cry foul after he loses. Unlike Trump, who obviously did not expect to win in 2016, RFK does not have a life to go back to after the campaign ends. He's not going to put in the legwork to ensure ballot access for 3rd party candidates in 2028 and he's not going to build national infrastructure for any future runs. This is it and he knows it, so he might as well go all the way.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 06:10:39 PM »

Hopefully not...
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 10:17:16 AM »

Yeah, he has money, followers, and an infrastructure for ballot access. He's done well in getting signatures in GA, AZ, MI, and other places.

He blew through $3M last month after only raising $2.8M, with only $5M COH.
Redban

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 10:24:21 AM »

He raised $3.1 million and spent $2.8, not the other way around. $5 mil cash in hand is solid for an independent or third party candidate, who don’t have the built-in fundraising infrastructure or donor base that Repubs/Dems do
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 10:24:32 AM »

Not sure, it seems like he has at least enough money for a 3rd party candidate. I think he'll at least wait and give it shot to participate in the debates.

That said, I hope not. Regardless of the outcome, I think it's better for the winner to come as close to 50% or over that mark as possible. Still, I have my doubts the dude gets more than 3-4% at very best. Around 2% seems more realistic.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2024, 10:30:40 AM »

He raised $3.1 million and spent $2.8, not the other way around. $5 mil cash in hand is solid for an independent or third party candidate, who don’t have the built-in fundraising infrastructure or donor base that Repubs/Dems do

Lol.he has no chance of winning and you know that
Redban

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2024, 10:35:25 AM »

If he gets just 34% and Biden / Trump split the rest, he would take the popular vote. If RFk Jr can deny both of them an electoral college win by winning some electoral votes, he could force a contingent election , where the state delegates may want to pick RFK Jr as a compromise between Biden/Trump
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2024, 10:43:49 AM »

If he gets just 34% and Biden / Trump split the rest, he would take the popular vote. If RFk Jr can deny both of them an electoral college win by winning some electoral votes, he could force a contingent election , where the state delegates may want to pick RFK Jr as a compromise between Biden/Trump

Oh, that's all he needs to do? He just needs to do something that no third party candidate has ever done in American history? As long as he makes history by getting 1 out of every 3 voters in the country to vote for him, he has a shot at winning the presidency?

That's all?
Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2024, 11:14:54 AM »
« Edited: March 21, 2024, 11:26:44 AM by Compuzled_One »

Oh, that's all he needs to do? He just needs to do something that no third party candidate has ever done in American history? As long as he makes history by getting 1 out of every 3 voters in the country to vote for him, he has a shot at winning the presidency?

That's all?
I mean, there was Greeley.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2024, 11:19:26 AM »

That's all?

Greeley was endorsed by the Democratic Party
Compuzled_One
Rookie
United States
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2024, 11:26:22 AM »

That's all?

Greeley was endorsed by the Democratic Party
Yeah, that's fair, but he did have to fend of a splinter, and it's still technically true.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2024, 11:29:26 AM »

Probably, unfortunately.
kwabbit

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2024, 11:29:47 AM »

Not sure, it seems like he has at least enough money for a 3rd party candidate. I think he'll at least wait and give it shot to participate in the debates.

That said, I hope not. Regardless of the outcome, I think it's better for the winner to come as close to 50% or over that mark as possible. Still, I have my doubts the dude gets more than 3-4% at very best. Around 2% seems more realistic.

I think that's too bearish on him. Trump/Biden might be more unpopular than Trump/Clinton. Gary Johnson was attached a party with an unpopular ideology and also had lower name recognition and he got 3.3%. Kennedy is obviously a Kennedy and although he has some crank views he is largely running as a populist centrist. He is also better funded.

I think 6% is a reasonable estimate and 3% is around the floor.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2024, 02:09:02 PM »

While I still have my doubts about how well he’ll do, I don’t see him dropping out before the election.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2024, 02:40:45 PM »

RFK is only doing this for attention so I don't see him dropping out.

The Kennedy family is, correctly, supporting President Biden.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2024, 03:39:05 PM »

While I still have my doubts about how well he’ll do, I don’t see him dropping out before the election.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2024, 03:44:52 PM »

Yes.
He will know how to capitalize his new fame to get money.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies