Should Biden invest resources on Texas and Florida?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:54:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Should Biden invest resources on Texas and Florida?
Texas: Yes, a lot

Texas: Yes, a little

Texas: No

Florida: Yes, a lot

Florida: Yes, a little

Florida: No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Should Biden invest resources on Texas and Florida?  (Read 773 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2024, 03:59:28 PM »

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 04:08:43 PM »

A little in Texas.

Nothing in Florida.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 04:30:24 PM »

Clarence Boddicker

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -5.91

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 05:43:49 PM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 05:56:41 PM »

NC and TX not FL

His Approvals are exactly the same as in 22 so it's a 303 but TX is flippable
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 06:46:08 PM »

Campaigns are opportunities to build organization, and presidential campaigns are machines for attracting money and attention.

There will be a lot of important races in these states this year, and every dollar spent helps with those while laying groundwork for a more robust effort in the future, even if this cycle is a bust as far as the top of the ticket is concerned.

These are big, diverse, urban states. Not only are they a huge chunk of the country to write off, they are states that Democrats need to do well in to have a chance at controlling enough of Congress to get much done in the future.

Biden should spend in both, and he should spend a lot.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 08:28:03 PM »

I don't trust FL Miami Dade is going D and somehow Scott always underpolled Rubio that's why it's a Tossup
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 08:35:07 PM »

TX yes, and as I keep saying perhaps one of the best ROIs in the Country, especially since Dems really haven't invested much in TX before, and the one time they did the results were very tangible (2018).

FL maybe a little bit, but I think the bigger thing is the FL state Dem party needs to be fixed. It's how to understate how bad they were for being the state party of arguably the largest swing state.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 08:51:43 PM »

He should invest in both TX and FL, with TX getting more.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 10:06:44 PM »

No to both states, Money to North Carolina as the only flippable 2020 Trump state. All other resources should go only to 2020 battlegrounds to attempt to hold them from flipping.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2024, 05:36:42 AM »

Steve Schale who ran Florida for Obama in 2008 & 2012 FLORIDA could be a "Bloodbath" in 2024. Not as bad as 2022 but also not as tight as 2024

Schale & Matt Isbell are probably the only two guys, and they are Democratis, who I trust when it comes to FL.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2024, 08:04:37 AM »

Yes. Presidential candidates should invest in any state where their party has a chance at even one office. Trump should also invest in Minnesota and New Hampshire.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2024, 09:30:37 PM »

No, he should focus on NC, GA, AZ, NV, PA, WI, and MI.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2024, 09:35:55 PM »

They need the house seats and to kick Abbot and DeSantis when they are down.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2024, 10:22:23 PM »

I'm sorry, but after tonight I'm saying no money to FL until state and local Dems can fix their problems there. Dems lost a bunch of deep blue mayorships in like Biden + 30 towns because they cancelled the primary and then didn't run any sort of campaign to try and get people to show up for other things.

Like GOP flipped the mayor in Delray Beach by double-digits; this was a Biden + 25 town for reference.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2024, 10:31:43 PM »

I'm sorry, but after tonight I'm saying no money to FL until state and local Dems can fix their problems there. Dems lost a bunch of deep blue mayorships in like Biden + 30 towns because they cancelled the primary and then didn't run any sort of campaign to try and get people to show up for other things.

Like GOP flipped the mayor in Delray Beach by double-digits; this was a Biden + 25 town for reference.

On a related note, should Nikki Fried stay on as chair?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2024, 10:33:05 PM »
« Edited: March 19, 2024, 10:37:02 PM by Tutankhuman Bakari Sellers »

It's gonna come down to 319 map and TX Senate Biden isnt going to FL he is visiting AZ , NV, TX, NC and GA.

Biden isn't going to win TX Prez ALLRED just is gonna probably win the S seat.

That's why I tell you don't gets your hopes up on a landslide it won't happen

We were promised a landslide in 22 it never happened remember Deminga, Beasley and Ryan and Barnes lost but we still held onto 303, but Tester and Brown and ALLRED are polling better with split ticket, because Brown doesn't have to contend with DeWine winning by 30 pts
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2024, 10:40:36 PM »

On a related note, should Nikki Fried stay on as chair?

Nikki Fried is highly overrated. Her whole thing was that she was the one Dem who was able to win statewide recently, which while technically true, was just due to a favorable undercount; she got fewer votes than Nelson and Gillum who narrowly lost; her performance was nothing impressive in the context of that year.

The one thing she's somewhat good at seems to be social media, but that doesn't translate to actually getting people to show up to polls or coming up with effective ways to message to the broader electorate.

This might be controversial, but in an ideal world I want the national Dems to completely rebuild FL Dems from scratch with completely new leadership and teams.

I think generally FL needs to be deprioritized though. There seems to be genuine self sorting of Conservatives into Florida which just make it redder, and it's self-perpetuating cycle.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2024, 11:48:34 PM »

Biden and his surrogates have 1.5 billion dollars... they can make a heavy play for both.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2024, 01:09:13 AM »

Personally, I'd rather spend extra money in the Montana and Ohio senate races and some close house districts.

TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2024, 01:13:19 AM »

Personally, I'd rather spend extra money in the Montana and Ohio senate races and some close house districts.

Yes, those races are worth investing money in, but I'm not sure if Biden going to these places to campaign personally would help the causes of downballot Democratic candidates there (this is especially true of Montana - in recent election cycles, downballot Democratic candidates there have largely avoided inviting national Democratic politicians to campaign with them in that state, in an effort to avoid nationalizing those races).
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2024, 05:29:37 AM »

Yes, a little in both states. They are far too important to ignore both short term in terms of down ballot races and building infrastructure, but especially long term in the case of Texas. Besides, the Biden campaign is gonna be flush with cash and there's only so much you can spend in the 6 key battlegrounds before further spending becomes futile.
robocop
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2024, 05:16:01 PM »

Didn't Jacksonville elect a Dem registered mayor last year? And Tampa as well?
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2024, 06:41:15 PM »

Didn't Jacksonville elect a Dem registered mayor last year? And Tampa as well?

Sure did, but Jacksonville area Dems are a bit more competent, and Dems generally invested a lot into that race.

What happened here is they cancelled the primary and then didn't invest to try and turn out voters for down ballot races like mayor. A lot of FL Dems problems come from their relative weakness on things like city councils, school boards, mayors, ect where you'd expect Dem control or divided government based on federal partisanship, but in reality they lean R.
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2024, 12:13:21 PM »

If his data says he's losing soundly in the rustbelt and the only pathway is a half court shot in these kinds of states then might as well go all in.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies