Biden campaign to expand map with Texas and Florida
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:14:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden campaign to expand map with Texas and Florida
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Biden campaign to expand map with Texas and Florida  (Read 805 times)
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2024, 01:36:38 PM »

Biden team eyes expanding map to Texas, Florida despite Trump leads

Officials see ‘multiple paths’ to second term and ‘a very tough, close race’

https://rollcall.com/2024/03/18/biden-team-eyes-expanding-map-to-texas-florida-despite-trump-leads/
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 01:37:48 PM »

Probably both are unwinnable, but they have the money to expand.

Better invest the money and lose, than not invest.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 01:38:45 PM »

Expanding the map to North Carolina was smart, given that he only lost it by 1 in 2020 (which I didn't know).

Expanding it to Florida and Texas is dumb as hell.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 01:40:03 PM »

I mean, Texas and Florida are quite different - I think money would go a long way better in TX than FL right now, but hey, if they have the money, and they have enough spent in the rest of the swing states, why not. TX is an important long term investment, as well as of course the Cruz/Allred race this year.

I personally don't think Florida is worth even trying at this point given the trends of who is living there, but if Biden truly is doing better with seniors, sure who knows.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 01:40:48 PM »

Expanding the map to North Carolina was smart, given that he only lost it by 1 in 2020 (which I didn't know).

This fundamentally ignores what it's trying to say. They're not expanding the map in terms of giving TX and FL the same attention as the rest of the swing states, it sounds like they're just looking at them in terms of investment in addition to maximizing out the rest of the swing states.
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 01:43:54 PM »

If they are making a play for TX, it would be good for turnout and the Senate race.

TX has the potential for a close Senate race, FL maybe not so much. But if it gets closer, major D investments would be welcome in Florida too.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 02:07:37 PM »

Can someone please forward this famous Bugs Bunny cartoon scene, to the Biden campaign ...

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 02:27:13 PM »

I strongly agree on Texas, but Florida? Haven't we learned our lessons? It's not going to happen. The only purpose it may serve is forcing Republicans to play some defense. Trump's campaign so far has much fewer financial ressources than Biden and any dime he spends here can't be spent in the Rust Belt Trio and four Sunbelt battlegrounds (Georgia, North Carolina, Arizona and Nevada).
dspNY
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 02:30:09 PM »

My guess is this is more for the senate races than actually flipping them in the presidential election (although Texas is a very good long term investment)
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 02:38:30 PM »

This is fine.  Put some money and resources there.  The Democrats have only one way to go in FL, and that's up. 

No one is thinking Biden can win either TX or FL, but get started now at the local levels, and things will start to move forward in 2026 and 2028.  Hopefully, the state legislatures in those states will become competitive.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 02:51:20 PM »

Biden best bet is NC and split vote with Colin Allred I don't see him winning FL with DeSantis, TX is fertile ground
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2024, 02:52:33 PM »

Waste of money.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2024, 03:13:17 PM »

I wouldn't take this comment as campaign strategy but just that these states are on the cusp of competitiveness. The midwest (PA, MI, WI) versus the sunbelt path (GA, AZ, NC) are the easiest paths for Biden.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2024, 03:18:37 PM »

Once again, it sounds like they're only doing this once they've fully allocated all the $$$ they need for the important states. At some point, you have diminishing returns, so you might as well spend it here then if you're done with the other swing states.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2024, 03:22:01 PM »

Leaving states with +20 electoral votes on the table is what is dumb. It's not Biden's job to go easy on Trump and take states off the table to make it easier to win. I'll maintain that Texas is winnable due to the potential for heavy trends and with Republicans likely having money trouble it is good to outpace them wherever possible.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 03:23:17 PM »

The Biden campaign will have more resources than the Trump campaign. Any dollar the Trump campaign is forced to spend in TX/FL is a dollar they can't spend in PA/WI/MI/AZ/GA. I don't mind the Biden campaign going after these states assuming the swing state coordinated campaigns are fully funded.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2024, 03:25:54 PM »

The only reason to expand it to Texas & Florida maybe because of the Senate Races otherwise it makes no political sense.

You gotta first secure MN, MI, WI, PA and then when you have a reasonable lead there expand to other States.

The Biden Campaign is stupid as hell.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2024, 03:27:39 PM »

The only reason to expand it to Texas & Florida maybe because of the Senate Races otherwise it makes no political sense.

You gotta first secure MN, MI, WI, PA and then when you have a reasonable lead there expand to other States.

Do you expect them to say "we're not going to compete in Florida and Texas?" They're not going to say that.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 03:29:24 PM »

They have plenty of money to put resources into all those states. It's the Trump campaign that is going to have to be selective about where to compete and considering the state of the RNC finances Minnesota is off the table.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 03:32:02 PM »

Leaving states with +20 electoral votes on the table is what is dumb. It's not Biden's job to go easy on Trump and take states off the table to make it easier to win. I'll maintain that Texas is winnable due to the potential for heavy trends and with Republicans likely having money trouble it is good to outpace them wherever possible.
Texas is unwinable because of the Border Issue. Voters still preferring Trump over Biden on the Border by nearly 25 Points.

The gains Biden makes in the suburban Counties around the Dallas/Ft. Worth areas he will lose in the Rio Grande Valley.

Biden hasn't gotten over the hump on the Border. It was his Executive Orders in 2021 that has gotten the United States into this migrant mess and Biden will be reminded of it a lot more as it gets closer to Election Day.

How do you close a 650,000 Raw Vote Gap in Texas. Trump will still get over 50 % in the Lone Star State come November.

The Biden Campaign is overextending themselves. All these Ads Biden has run thus far have unfortunately fallen on deaf ears.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2024, 03:34:30 PM »

Looking more and more like the Hillary Clinton campaign.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2024, 03:35:45 PM »

They have plenty of money to put resources into all those states. It's the Trump campaign that is going to have to be selective about where to compete and considering the state of the RNC finances Minnesota is off the table.

By all means Biden can throw money in Kentucky if he wants too, but he's not going to even reduce the margin.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 03:36:00 PM »

Texas is unwinable because of the Border Issue. Voters still preferring Trump over Biden on the Border by nearly 25 Points.

The gains Biden makes in the suburban Counties around the Dallas/Ft. Worth areas he will lose in the Rio Grande Valley.

Biden hasn't gotten over the hump on the Border. It was his Executive Orders in 2021 that has gotten the United States into this migrant mess and Biden will be reminded of it a lot more as it gets closer to Election Day.

How do you close a 650,000 Raw Vote Gap in Texas. Trump will still get over 50 % in the Lone Star State come November.

The Biden Campaign is overextending themselves. All these Ads Biden has run thus far have unfortunately fallen on deaf ears.

I didn't ask for your opinion. But for one thing the Rio Grande Valley is a fairly small percentage of the statewide vote. If you're so secure that Trump wins you don't need to make a page long post trying to convince me.

Biden's campaign has far more money than Trump's so he's not overextending.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2024, 03:36:57 PM »

Looking more and more like the Hillary Clinton campaign.

Clinton had 4 Times more money than Trump in 2016, still lost so you may have a valid Point here.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2024, 03:37:34 PM »

Biden actually has money to burn though, and Trump won't.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies