Senator Raphael Warnock (D-GA) in my opinion needs to cut the crap out about GA Voter Supression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:55:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Senator Raphael Warnock (D-GA) in my opinion needs to cut the crap out about GA Voter Supression
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senator Raphael Warnock (D-GA) in my opinion needs to cut the crap out about GA Voter Supression  (Read 347 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 18, 2024, 08:45:51 AM »

He's been onto this since the Polls closed in GA a week ago. It's wrong what he says.

To put the Integrity of Governor Kemp, SoS Raffensberger & Voter Implementation Manager Gabe Sterling into Question is ridiculous.

GA had Record Turnout in the 2022 Midterms + Warnock won both Rounds.

I can understand when Kemp, Raffensberger and Sterling get furious when they hear these claims.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 10:23:47 AM »

Lol the Districts are gerrymandering that's why we need Voting Rights
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 10:41:40 AM »

I tend to agree with the overall point that I think sometimes Democrats get caught up in attacking smaller non-issues rather than focusing on the serious threats to democracy and voting rights. It makes them like the boy who cried wolf a bit - weakens their case when they are actually trying to address a serious issue around voting rights and democracy.

For instance, extreme gerrymandering is a real harm to democracy that actually affects who wins elections and whose voice has the biggest impact, so when I see Hakeem Jefferies equating the Court-Drawn NY map to Jim Crow 2.0, it makes me cringe, especially since he supported the recent redraw which didn't change that much and didn't touch any of the NYC districts he originally complained about.

Another actual problem is precinct consolidation which can lead to overrun polling places where people have to wait a long time, or force people to drive long distances just to vote.

Dems need to stop being hung up on things like opposing universal voter ID - I'm willing to support that as long as getting a valid ID is relatively accessible; instantly labeling any voter ID law as racist by default is unfair.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 10:49:17 AM »

As I said when we pass John Lewis it won't be gerrymandering Districts , that's voter suppression he's right Buckley v Valeo and then Citizens United

Users think just telling people not to vote is voter suppression no it's Gerrymandering in FL and TX and OH where we need more Ds we have a slew of D state legislature in all three states that wants to run for Fed Legislature

How many Ds are in OH 1/3 we need 5 that's more representation of Cleveland, Cincinnati and Columbus
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 04:11:11 PM »

He is the most recent Democrat to have won multiple elections in the state. I'll trust his instincts until proven wrong.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 04:13:35 PM »

He is the most recent Democrat to have won multiple elections in the state. I'll trust his instincts until proven wrong.
Attacking Kemp, Raffensberger & Sterling on Voter Suppression when GA had Record Turnout in 2022 isn't very smart.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 06:59:18 PM »

Attacking Kemp, Raffensberger & Sterling on Voter Suppression when GA had Record Turnout in 2022 isn't very smart.

The allegations arose from Kemp's actions as secretary of state: a few weeks before the election, he put 53,000 voter registration applications on hold, with 70% of the applicants being African American, and he purged 1.4 million inactive voters from voter rolls during his tenure, including 668,000 in 2017.

What are your thoughts on this?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 07:03:51 PM »

Stacy Abrams also isn't a fan of Kemp when it comes to elections.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2024, 07:04:44 PM »

The allegations arose from Kemp's actions as secretary of state: a few weeks before the election, he put 53,000 voter registration applications on hold, with 70% of the applicants being African American, and he purged 1.4 million inactive voters from voter rolls during his tenure, including 668,000 in 2017.

What are your thoughts on this?
I don't care what happened in 2017. That was before Kemp & Raffensberger ran for Governor & SoS respectivly. 2022 was run very smoothly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies