Make Florida Blue Again and end Trumps chances immediatedly on Election Night
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:49:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Make Florida Blue Again and end Trumps chances immediatedly on Election Night  (Read 1172 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 12:26:37 PM »

Massive Concerns for Florida Democrats.

Sorry but I have to say this: Nikki Fried, you are a stupid fool. FL Dems would have been better off selecting Annette Taddeo as Chair.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2024, 01:01:25 PM »

Nah. If I'm a democrat and have PA, MI, WI locked up, I'm going after Texas and North Carolina. If Biden is able to capture the 4 counties surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth and expand his margin in Houston, I can't see a way a GOP candidate wins the state. Ditto with North Carolina and the research triangle.
Problem for Biden in NC is that he has already maxed out his Support in the Raleigh/Durham Research Triangle. He won't get 70+ in Wake County or in Mecklenburg County like he gets in Fulton County, GA.

Biden has not maxed out his support in those counties. Also they are both growing rapidly and are making up a bigger slice of the pie in NC than before.

Also hitting 70% in Fulton was inconceivable until 2020, yet it happened.
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2024, 02:23:32 PM »

Nah. If I'm a democrat and have PA, MI, WI locked up, I'm going after Texas and North Carolina. If Biden is able to capture the 4 counties surrounding Dallas-Fort Worth and expand his margin in Houston, I can't see a way a GOP candidate wins the state. Ditto with North Carolina and the research triangle.
Problem for Biden in NC is that he has already maxed out his Support in the Raleigh/Durham Research Triangle. He won't get 70+ in Wake County or in Mecklenburg County like he gets in Fulton County, GA.

He will get 100,000 more votes out of each county from population growth. Percentage doesn't matter.
Liminal Trans Girl
Lawer
United States

P P P
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 02:27:16 PM »

if Bidens winning Florida, Trumps completely lost
Bush did 311
Vatnos
Rookie
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2024, 02:38:26 PM »

I just can't imagine Biden climbing out of a 360,000 vote hole.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2024, 03:55:58 PM »

LOL true. They turned what would've been a probable win with Gwen Graham into blowing it completely with someone under FBI investigation. Usually it's the Republicans that are the queens of kicking the own goal, but Florida Dems' massive fumble in 2018 arguably is what led directly to it being a safely red state at this juncture. With it, the Florida Supreme Court flipped from blue to unanimously red, and I think DeSantis had a lot to do with marketing Florida as the conservative retiree haven and thus the massive Republican vote sink it is now.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2024, 04:12:17 PM »

LOL true. They turned what would've been a probable win with Gwen Graham into blowing it completely with someone under FBI investigation. Usually it's the Republicans that are the queens of kicking the own goal, but Florida Dems' massive fumble in 2018 arguably is what led directly to it being a safely red state at this juncture. With it, the Florida Supreme Court flipped from blue to unanimously red, and I think DeSantis had a lot to do with marketing Florida as the conservative retiree haven and thus the massive Republican vote sink it is now.

Even Gillum could've won if he didn't run a miserable joke of a campaign. I think I read that they saved (probably stole) millions of dollars instead of spending it on the last few weeks of the campaign. Bill Nelson didn't even try to win.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2024, 04:18:37 PM »

Even Gillum could've won if he didn't run a miserable joke of a campaign. I think I read that they saved (probably stole) millions of dollars instead of spending it on the last few weeks of the campaign. Bill Nelson didn't even try to win.

Yes, and if I remember right, I think Florida Dems essentially had a pathetic start to the cycle and came into it almost expecting to lose again, which obviously becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Gwen Graham's fundraising was atrocious compared to other swing state Dems. Nelson didn't start running ads til late summer 2018, and by then the damage was done. Completely and utterly embarrassing. It was the Dems' equivalent to the Republicans' comically bad 2022 whiffs in the big swing states.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2024, 04:45:45 PM »

Yes, and if I remember right, I think Florida Dems essentially had a pathetic start to the cycle and came into it almost expecting to lose again, which obviously becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Even Gwen Graham's fundraising was atrocious compared to other swing state Dems. Nelson didn't start running ads til late summer 2018, and by then the damage was done. Completely and utterly embarrassing. It was the Dems' equivalent to the Republicans' comically bad 2022 whiffs in the big swing states.

And I think it's equally possible that Republicans experience long-term consequences in those swing states similar to what happened to Democrats in Florida.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2024, 04:57:34 PM »

Spectator,
You still don't get if. If I am a future Campaign Manager for a 2028 Contender I am more than happy that Floridas' 30 Electoral Votes are off the table for quite some time. The Sunshine State could have 34 EC Votes by the 2030's.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2024, 05:15:10 PM »

Biden should just concede Florida this year. I'm not saying Dems can't win it, Biden won't and not against Trump who improved there in 2020. Come back and try again in 2028 when it's a fresh election with all new candidates.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2024, 05:19:09 PM »

Biden should just concede Florida this year. I'm not saying Dems can't win it, Biden won't and not against Trump who improved there in 2020. Come back and try again in 2028 when it's a fresh election with all new candidates.
They are not going to win it in 2028 either. 400,000+ Democratic Voters are on the verge of being kicked off the Voter Rolls and deemed "Inactive" if they don't vote in November.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2024, 05:45:38 PM »

They are not going to win it in 2028 either. 400,000+ Democratic Voters are on the verge of being kicked off the Voter Rolls and deemed "Inactive" if they don't vote in November.

Democrats need to do a massive voter registration campaign there over the next few years.
Steve from Lambeth
Greece

« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2024, 06:27:50 PM »

Page 1:

Who is with me on this?

Page 3:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies