Trump: "If I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:23:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump: "If I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Trump: "If I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath."  (Read 1849 times)
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2024, 02:41:32 PM »

As if we needed more evidence that this moron is utterly insane.
Ljube
Junior Chimp
Political Matrix
E: 2.71, S: -6.09

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2024, 03:39:14 PM »

Fake news and debunked at that.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2024, 07:18:45 PM »

Nope.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 08:32:31 PM »

Nope.
Yep.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2024, 01:15:29 PM »

Either a Trump Nazi dictatorship if he wins, or a Trump led Cvil War bloodbath if he loses are the two options propagated by the left and the media. So it doesn’t matter if Biden wins the election then as it’s a lose/lose because of bad orange man.

What a joke. Stoking faux-hysterics by disingenuously fearmongering for political gain. Same playbook as Covid. Shameful.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2024, 03:18:03 PM »

As I said before and say again, Trump is obsessed with being PREZ since 2012 he came out with that brother comment
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2024, 04:20:48 PM »

Nothing was debunked. In fact he said it again and it's on video again. The fact that people are denying that he used the word bloodbath are proof that Republicans lie and gaslight.
White Cloud
Rookie
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2024, 04:54:27 PM »

It was an absolute hoax and fraud. The media should be ashamed of themselves for what they did with that quote, but I don't think they have any shame. You're not the good guys when you're blatantly misrepresenting what someone said to score political points. I searched all over for a full, in context quote and couldn't even find one. No one who reported on it bothered to give one. So I literally had to watch the speech and transcribe it myself. It is obvious that he is talking about Chinese car imports from Mexico decimating the American auto industry if those imports are not taxed at the border. He says nothing about violence. The word bloodbath is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as a "major economic disaster", because it's such a common use of the word. Full quote from Donald Trump:

"China now is building a couple of massive plants, where they're going to build the cars in Mexico and think, they think, that they are going to sell those cars into the United States with no tax at the border. Let me tell you something to China, if you're listening President Xi, and you and I are friends, but he understands the way I deal: Those big, monster car manufacturing plants that you're building in Mexico right now, and you think you're going to get that, you're going to not hire Americans and you're going to sell the cars to us, no. We're going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the line. And you're not going to be able to sell those cars, if I get elected. Now if I don't get elected, it's going to be a bloodbath, for the whole, that's going to be the least of it. It's going to be a bloodbath for the country. That'll be the least of it."

It's obvious that he's talking about economics here. Like I said, even Merriam-Webster defines bloodbath as a major economic disaster, because that is a common use of the word. He's saying it's going to be an economic bloodbath for the country if he's not elected. It has nothing to do with violence, hinting at violence, or suggesting violent revolts if he's not elected. The entire context of his use of that word at that point in the speech was about economics.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2024, 04:57:04 PM »

Trump is disgusting. I've seen nonstop coverage of his "bloodbath" remarks online and on TV.

Joe Biden is the only law & order candidate.
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2024, 05:19:16 PM »

He said it. There’s nothing to deny here.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2024, 05:45:22 PM »

This sheds some light on how this line became the biggest campaign story of the weekend:

Millions of people pay attention to the Florida-based Filipowski, the Minnesota-based Rupar, and the anonymous Acyn, a video editor in Los Angeles who works under Filipowski at the activist liberal news site MeidasTouch. They have a combined 2.3 million followers on X, formerly Twitter, though only Filipowski pays for a blue check. And their editorial judgments have immense influence on campaign coverage and the political discourse.

That was proven over the weekend when Acyn clipped 17 seconds from Donald Trump’s Saturday rally speech in Ohio — a riff on his plan for a 100% tariff on foreign cars, warning that “if I don’t get elected, it’s gonna be a bloodbath.” The text of Acyn’s post quoted Trump, but did not include his comments about the auto industry, enraging Republicans who complained it was misleading. Democrats, meanwhile, leaped to demand news outlets cover it as a major story that underscored Trump’s violent intentions.

The Biden campaign shared a shorter clip of the same moment 58 minutes later, and on Sunday and Monday, Republicans who ventured onto news shows were confronted with a “bloodbath” question, rejecting the premise, but failing to stop its spread.

More here: https://www.semafor.com/article/03/19/2024/the-viral-bloodbath-clip-and-the-rise-of-the-liberal-video-influencer

The defining moments of this campaign might come down to a few Libs of Tiktok-esque accounts that are effective at identifying compelling bits of short video and spreading them.

That's why this spread, and not the other ridiculous moments. This is the one that worked on scroll-happy content junkies with 15-second attention spans.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2024, 05:47:29 PM »

People certainly see what they want to see, when it comes to TRUMP or otherwise.
White Cloud
Rookie
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2024, 05:54:15 PM »

You're not the good guys when you're blatantly misrepresenting what someone said to score political points. We've become an unserious people. This should be a discussion about tariffs on Chinese imports, particularly the prospect of Chinese car manufacturing in Mexico and how that will affect the American auto industry. And to a larger extent, Biden's economic policies vs. Trump's economic policies. That's the context of the quote.

Instead, people are taking a quote out of context in order to score political points and scare people. You're not the good guys when you're blatantly misrepresenting what someone said to score political points.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2024, 06:01:52 PM »

You're not the good guys when you're blatantly misrepresenting what someone said to score political points. We've become an unserious people. This should be a discussion about tariffs on Chinese imports, particularly the prospect of Chinese car manufacturing in Mexico and how that will affect the American auto industry. And to a larger extent, Biden's economic policies vs. Trump's economic policies. That's the context of the quote.

Instead, people are taking a quote out of context in order to score political points and scare people. You're not the good guys when you're blatantly misrepresenting what someone said to score political points.

It's vague enough where you could say this, but nobody should be faulted for jumping to the worst conclusion possible when it comes to Trump's intentions.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2024, 06:08:11 PM »

As if we needed more evidence that this moron is utterly insane.

Trump has significantly deteriorated mentally from 2020 (and 2016 for certain). I think it is dementia; his father died of Alzheimers
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2024, 06:56:07 PM »

Either a Trump Nazi dictatorship if he wins, or a Trump led Cvil War bloodbath if he loses are the two options propagated by the left and the media. So it doesn’t matter if Biden wins the election then as it’s a lose/lose because of bad orange man.

What a joke. Stoking faux-hysterics by disingenuously fearmongering for political gain. Same playbook as Covid. Shameful.

Trump: "I will be a dictator."

Democrats: "Hey, Trump is saying he'll be a dictator."

You: "WOW WAY TO ENGAGE IN HYSTERIA."
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2024, 07:13:51 PM »

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bloodbath

Economic disaster isn't the only definition of bloodbath. Why are some here acting like there is no way possible Trump, who has already incited his protestors into violence, wouldn't be doing it again?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2024, 08:10:22 PM »

Either a Trump Nazi dictatorship if he wins, or a Trump led Cvil War bloodbath if he loses are the two options propagated by the left and the media offered by the GOP.

Fixed it for you!

You're welcome!

No need to thank me. I understand that honest communication is very difficult for Donald Trump.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2024, 08:53:26 PM »

As U said he's obsessed with being Prez
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to: