Trump: "If I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:31:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Trump: "If I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump: "If I don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath."  (Read 1851 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2024, 06:10:57 PM »

The candidate who incited violence on January 6th is inciting violence again? Who could have guessed?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 06:14:51 PM »

We should all ignore Trump and the silly polls until we vote the Ds on this Forum

My sister doesn't blog and she ignores Trump his Term is only 4 yrs and he is gone if he gets elected
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 06:15:47 PM »

Any violence he tries to incite will be quickly put down. After January 6th I doubt that the authorities will be caught off guard and Biden can easily take measures to put down an attack on the Capitol or anywhere else.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 06:25:10 PM »

Any violence he tries to incite will be quickly put down. After January 6th I doubt that the authorities will be caught off guard and Biden can easily take measures to put down an attack on the Capitol or anywhere else.
I doubt it will be in Washington. He will threaten State Governments.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 07:00:17 PM »

This is the same rally in which Trump said that Joe Biden beat Barack Hussein Obama to become President which is...not how that went down.

As others have pointed out, why storm the US Capitol when you can storm the state legislative capitals to prevent Dem electors from assembling and casting electoral votes on the day the EC meets? Are they really going to be able to defend all 22 or 23 or however many states Biden wins' state capitals?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 07:06:37 PM »

As others have pointed out, why storm the US Capitol when you can storm the state legislative capitals to prevent Dem electors from assembling and casting electoral votes on the day the EC meets? Are they really going to be able to defend all 22 or 23 or however many states Biden wins' state capitals?

Which is why I said "or anywhere else". Security protocols can be implemented well in advance and the electors don't have to meet at the state capitols as the constitution merely states they must meet in their respective states. If necessarily the meetings can be done in secure locations that are not publicly disclosed.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 07:12:36 PM »

Unless Trump himself goes to all of those state capitols, there won't be enough people who show up to cause serious disruption. Governors can also call in their state National Guards if the threat reaches that level.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 07:40:59 PM »

Obama beat Biden not the other way around. Hopefully it won't matter in the end and they'll both be 2 term top 10 Presidents.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 08:11:07 PM »

I'm not enthusiastic about Trump at all, but it's obvious from the clip OP posted (even though the context was deliberately edited out of the video) that with the term "bloodbath" Trump didn't mean to "incite violence" but simply means a Biden re-election would be very bad for the country policy-wise. Sounds like he was connecting it to the car industry or something like that immediately afterwards, but that was edited out.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 08:36:09 PM »

VERY TRUE! Joe Biden will do nothing to stop the criminal invasion.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 09:28:22 PM »

I'm not enthusiastic about Trump at all, but it's obvious from the clip OP posted (even though the context was deliberately edited out of the video) that with the term "bloodbath" Trump didn't mean to "incite violence" but simply means a Biden re-election would be very bad for the country policy-wise. Sounds like he was connecting it to the car industry or something like that immediately afterwards, but that was edited out.

Yes but it's obvious it's double speak (or at least to me it's obvious).
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 09:38:37 PM »

So what? He used violent terminology and it's being used against him. That's politics, get over it.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 09:41:40 PM »

This is the same rally in which Trump said that Joe Biden beat Barack Hussein Obama to become President which is...not how that went down.

Obama actually beat Biden.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 09:48:35 PM »

Seems like this is a nothingburger, but it's true that if Biden wins, there is going to be a serious fracture in the Right.

At that point, MAGAism would have lost in 2018, 2020, 2022, and 2024. Quite the streak when you consider how much "winning. We're going to win so much you'll get sick of winning" was a part of Trump's original appeal. But the only time he will have won, will have been 2016, when he had Comey, Putin, an army of furious Bernie or Busters, several millennia of sexism, and hubris big enough to fill a metaphorical ocean from his opponents, all going for him. In other words, a perfect storm that permanently altered this nation's history, but which will never come again. In other words, Trumpism will be done and the Republican Party will shift back towards some combination of Ron DeSantis and Nikki Haley: e.g., more mainstream and establishment.

On the other hand, the far right will be even more disillusioned. Previous periods of deep disillusionment on the right have inspired such movements as the Tea Party, the militia movement, and the Dark Enlightenment.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 10:35:00 PM »

Keep saying things like this and linking yourself to J6 and see what happens.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 10:39:26 PM »

This is what happens when the R party nominate a Trump they should of nominated someone else

No one is afraid of Trump
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 11:30:57 PM »

This is what happens when the R party nominate a Trump they should of nominated someone else

No one is afraid of Trump

Why would a PHAROAH be afraid of Trump?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 12:50:53 AM »

I am so very sorry, but the entire American supply of "what he really meant was" is gone. It was exhausted in 2016 by... let me check my notes, ah, "Republicans making excuses for Donald Trump" and has been depleted ever since. There is simply none left.

Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 07:12:03 AM »

Donald J. Trump promised only to be dictator for one day.

Well, you can kill a whole lot of people in just one day.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 07:16:08 AM »

Since the Justice department and the judicial system have been waffling around with any consequences for his crimes, it shouldn't come as a surprise that he's going to commit more of them.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 07:33:40 AM »

Can you imagine the meltdown the right would have if someone on the left had said that? But since it's their false god, all we get are crickets.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2024, 08:18:38 AM »

I think he was referring to the USA auto industry.
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2024, 08:58:11 AM »

So what? He used violent terminology and it's being used against him. That's politics, get over it.
Very intriguing response. Is "so what?" here supposed to mean that you concede Trump didn't mean anything violent or bad at all here, but that you still think Democrats are right to attack him based on this false premise? I think this is what's commonly called "post-truth politics".

But I think truth actually matters. I also think that if Trump had actually meant to issue a threat of violence in case he loses, that would be a very serious and dangerous matter. Apparently Democrats don't.

Also, I don't have to "get over" anything. It's not my country, it's not my election, and I won't lose sleep over it, whatever the outcome. Interesting that you take my initial statement of fact as some sort of sign of emotional involvement.
robocop
Rookie
United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2024, 09:24:08 AM »

Oh what a surprise the same wet wipes who cry wolf about Nazis and the "very fine people"are no doubt creaming their pants today. I bet Van Jones is crying some crocodile tears on CNN now and some Whining Weinerberger is crying out "ohmagawd it's a dawgwhistle dawgwhistle" in a whiny high pitched voice. Unamused
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2024, 09:44:58 AM »

Yeah sorry, Trump doesn't get a pass on context here - thats politics. Not only that, but even though he said this in the middle of an anecdote about the auto industry, it still feels like something that a) has nothing to do with the auto industry, the way he says it doesn't really connect to that and b) why would anyone give him the benefit of the doubt when this phrase literally lines up with the entire doomsday tone to his speech?

At the end of the day, if you're a presidential candidate, there is no scenario where you should be talking about 'If i don't get elected, it's gonna be a bloodbath' in *ANY* scenario or context. You said what you said.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies