Counties that Robinson will improve/underperform to McCrory 2016, Forest 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:03:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Counties that Robinson will improve/underperform to McCrory 2016, Forest 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Counties that Robinson will improve/underperform to McCrory 2016, Forest 2020?  (Read 394 times)
thebeloitmoderate
Mexico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2024, 11:45:47 AM »

I know that Mark Robinson will underperform in Robeson County, given it's majority minority population, and the fact that most of this county remains moderate.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 12:35:16 PM »

I know that Mark Robinson will underperform in Robeson County, given it's majority minority population, and the fact that most of this county remains moderate.

I would not assume this!
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 12:44:43 PM »

I expect some improvement in Mecklenburg, since Charlotte seems like NC's Houston to Raleigh/Durham's Dallas.

Henderson likely is an underperformance since it's one those slowly drifting countrypolitan counties and has some overflow to hipster-oasis Buncombe.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 12:48:00 PM »

I expect some improvement in Mecklenburg, since Charlotte seems like NC's Houston to Raleigh/Durham's Dallas.

Henderson likely is an underperformance since it's one those slowly drifting countrypolitan counties and has some overflow to hipster-oasis Buncombe.

Is this a joke? I’m 95% certain Robinson does worse than McCrory/Forest in Mecklenburg. Charlotte is more like Atlanta than Houston and it’s literally the home county of both McCrory and Forest.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 10:26:31 PM »

Is this a joke? I’m 95% certain Robinson does worse than McCrory/Forest in Mecklenburg. Charlotte is more like Atlanta than Houston and it’s literally the home county of both McCrory and Forest.

Yeah, the main things that made metro Houston's swing more muted in 2020 were Hispanic and Asian vote swinging right - Mecklenburg doesn't have a very large Hispanic or Asian population at all.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 01:20:53 PM »

The takes in this thread are wild. Robeson County is probably the prime place I’d bet that Robinson does better than McCrory/Forest in. Meckelnburg similarly I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stein hit a new record, maybe 70%.

I think Stein has an excellent shot of flipping Cabarrus County.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2024, 03:24:05 PM »

The takes in this thread are wild. Robeson County is probably the prime place I’d bet that Robinson does better than McCrory/Forest in.

How would he appeal to native americans?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies