Will Democrats win a trifecta?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:19:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Will Democrats win a trifecta?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: POTUS, House and Senate
Yes

No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: Will Democrats win a trifecta?  (Read 477 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 16, 2024, 05:45:00 AM »

230 day poll
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 07:15:29 AM »

I'll vote yes as a way to manifest.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 08:47:14 AM »

They certainly could.

I certainly hope not.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 09:14:04 AM »

I'm leaning towards no:

1.As we get closer to the election, Biden's chances are shrinking.

2.Primary results show a slightly better picture for House Republicans from 2022.

3.House Democrats didn't gain on net as much as anticipated from gerrymandering this year.

I just can't see any meaningfull changes in the House even if Republicans are likely to blow their Senate chances.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 09:48:16 AM »

I just can't see any meaningfull changes in the House even if Republicans are likely to blow their Senate chances.
Interesting -- I think most would agree with me that the House is the easiest lift for Dems at this point.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2024, 09:56:45 AM »

Can Brown, Tester and Allred all win? Possible, but not the more likely outcome.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2024, 11:33:45 AM »

Interesting -- I think most would agree with me that the House is the easiest lift for Dems at this point.

Take California for example, the GOP is doing slightly better it seems than 2022.

But no seats look likely to change, maybe CA-47 and much much less likely CA-25.

In other states it looks similar or better for Republicans than 2022, but again not many GOP gains, just no Democrat gains apart from gerrymandering.

The House GOP might increase it's majority a bit, while the Senate GOP looks dire at the moment.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2024, 12:05:52 PM »

Undecided, pure tossup.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2024, 12:27:31 PM »

I have a hard time seeing them holding the Senate even on a comparatively good night, all things considered.
soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 01:03:55 PM »

Even I, a notorious fool who thought Democrats would regain the Senate in 2018, don't expect them to hold it in 2024.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2024, 01:36:31 PM »

Take California for example, the GOP is doing slightly better it seems than 2022.

But no seats look likely to change, maybe CA-47 and much much less likely CA-25.

In other states it looks similar or better for Republicans than 2022, but again not many GOP gains, just no Democrat gains apart from gerrymandering.

The House GOP might increase it's majority a bit, while the Senate GOP looks dire at the moment.

What do you mean. The primary is always more favorable than the general for R’s in CA and this is especially true with the GOP primary this year.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 03:11:08 PM »

At this point, I'd say there's a roughly 2-in-5 chance of this scenario playing out.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2024, 03:13:45 PM »

If we get a trifecta next year, we should deal with the issue of immigration next year, and take if off the table as a campaign issue.  Perhaps a compromise involving:

1. completing the border wall along the US/Mexico border, as well as adding a virtual border wall to complement it.

2. easing the legal immigration process (while reaffirming unrestricted birthright citizenship) so migrants don't feel impelled to fast-track the process by jumping the border, including ending the last elements of the 1924 Immigration Act by eliminating the restrictive immigration quota system once and for all.

3. reducing the legal backload in the immigration courts by hiring more judges (plus staff)

4. Incorporate the DREAM Act into any immigration reform bill.  
--------------------------------------

This may not satisfy the hardliners in either camp, but then again I have no desire to.    
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2024, 03:59:12 PM »

The EC map is still 303 u til Trump breaks it and it's highly unlikely he does, because as I say all his leads or Biden are MOE and it's polls not votes
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2024, 04:09:55 PM »

If we get a trifecta next year, we should deal with the issue of immigration next year, and take if off the table as a campaign issue.  Perhaps a compromise involving:

1. completing the border wall along the US/Mexico border, as well as adding a virtual border wall to complement it.

2. easing the legal immigration process (while reaffirming unrestricted birthright citizenship) so migrants don't feel impelled to fast-track the process by jumping the border, including ending the last elements of the 1924 Immigration Act by eliminating the restrictive immigration quota system once and for all.

3. reducing the legal backload in the immigration courts by hiring more judges (plus staff)

4. Incorporate the DREAM Act into any immigration reform bill.  
--------------------------------------

This may not satisfy the hardliners in either camp, but then again I have no desire to.    

These are all initiatives that Rs can join Ds now in passing but the Rs are obstruction, Daines said we must win the Senate to continue the Filibuster, we also as I said Earlier Voting Rights, background check on guns and Reparations and DC and PR statehood

Brown and Tester are leading in the polls with MD that's 51 seats without ND, TX FL as wave insurance
Flats the Flounder
Rookie
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 04:41:57 PM »

D House, R Senate is most likely
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2024, 06:15:18 PM »

D House, R Senate, and D White House is the most likely outcome, closely followed (a lot more closely than I wish) by D House, R Senate, an R President.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 08:59:55 AM »

D House, R Senate, and D White House is the most likely outcome, closely followed (a lot more closely than I wish) by D House, R Senate, an R President.

No it's not do you see the polls that show Brown and Tester winning
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies