OH Primary (ECU): Dolan +2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:40:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections
  2024 Senate & House Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  OH Primary (ECU): Dolan +2
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OH Primary (ECU): Dolan +2  (Read 484 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2024, 09:49:35 AM »
« edited: March 15, 2024, 10:02:49 AM by Roll Roons »

14% undecided, with almost half of those leaning towards Dolan. Dolan is also the only one of the three who polls ahead of Brown in the GE.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 10:02:14 AM »

If true, Dolan's gonna pull a Mike Braun and come from the shadows.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2024, 10:03:08 AM »

Is the gay thing really what’s propelling Dolan? Dolan just seems like a horrible fit for a pretty Trumpy Republican electorate.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2024, 10:05:54 AM »

Is the gay thing really what’s propelling Dolan? Dolan just seems like a horrible fit for a pretty Trumpy Republican electorate.
I don't care! I want that Senate Seat and Dolan has the best chance beating Sherrod Brown.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2024, 10:08:45 AM »

That story literally came out last night.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2024, 10:11:56 AM »

This primary shouldn’t even be close though is my point. Moreno should have a lot of advantage in being the only Trumpy candidate in the field.
kwabbit

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2024, 10:18:13 AM »

This primary shouldn’t even be close though is my point. Moreno should have a lot of advantage in being the only Trumpy candidate in the field.

Moreno would barely get traction otherwise. He'd be at 10% if not for the Trump endorsement.

LaRose attached himself to the abortion referendum and Issue 1 and generally tacked to the right. He lost the moderate wing in the process. LaRose generally has more clout than Moreno so even with the Trump endorsement he was able to eat into the Trumpy vote share. Dolan has the moderate lane all to himself, giving him a chance to win.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 10:19:22 AM »

Both, Moreno & LaRose were vying for the Trump Endorsement.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 11:49:44 AM »

Moreno is more analogous to someone like Addison McDowell in North Carolina -- someone who has not really campaigned very much and is trying to coast on a Trump endorsement. That's good enough for 25-35% or so, depending on the caliber of the rest of the field, but it usually isn't good for very much more than that.

I'm in the kind of odd position that I really do like Moreno's background, and the issue positions he staked out before being associated with Trumpworld, while I think Dolan is questionable in some important ways (particularly on guns). Moreno is questionable on Ukraine but, given his political history, I really don't think he would actually be a problem on that issue. If nobody had endorsed in this race, I would actually be pretty clearly a Moreno voter. As is I'm leaning Dolan (who I actually voted for in 2022, though not particularly enthusiastically), if only because I think the Democratic practice of trying to promote particular candidates through disingenuous campaigning is bad for, like, democracy. But I could probably still be persuaded to go for Moreno.

(I'm also basically certainly Haley in the presidential primary even though she dropped out -- makes me wonder how many people are even considering a Haley/Moreno vote Tongue)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 12:55:35 PM »
« Edited: March 15, 2024, 12:59:25 PM by Arizona Iced Tea »

Moreno would barely get traction otherwise. He'd be at 10% if not for the Trump endorsement.

LaRose attached himself to the abortion referendum and Issue 1 and generally tacked to the right. He lost the moderate wing in the process. LaRose generally has more clout than Moreno so even with the Trump endorsement he was able to eat into the Trumpy vote share. Dolan has the moderate lane all to himself, giving him a chance to win.
Vance cleaned up his race immediately after getting the endorsement. Moreno is a jump ball before his scandal.

I support Dolan because I don't think Moreno is a strong candidate and I don't even want to risk losing this seat. If Tester beats Sheehy it would be because Tester himself was a strong candidate. If Moreno loses to Brown it would be because we nominated a weirdo.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 01:05:31 PM »

I am not gonna post it but Dolan is up 2 in this poll against Brown
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2024, 01:26:06 PM »

To see Trump rebuked in a state like Ohio would definitely be great news. I’m still bot going to believe it until I see it, after I got my hopes up way too high with Haley.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2024, 01:43:53 PM »

To see Trump rebuked in a state like Ohio would definitely be great news. I’m still bot going to believe it until I see it, after I got my hopes up way too high with Haley.

I’m starting to feel that Deep South evangelicals are Trump’s most loyal supporters rather than midwestern WWC.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 03:46:18 PM »

Why is ECU suddenly polling Ohio all of a sudden? But, yeah...I can see this being accurate, with Moreno's lame "it was just a prank" explanation for the account at the center of the scandal.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2024, 03:56:34 PM »

Why is ECU suddenly polling Ohio all of a sudden? But, yeah...I can see this being accurate, with Moreno's lame "it was just a prank" explanation for the account at the center of the scandal.

I’ll believe Moreno losing when I see it. Never bet against a Trump endorsement.
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
Shaula
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2024, 05:05:36 PM »

I’m starting to feel that Deep South evangelicals are Trump’s most loyal supporters rather than midwestern WWC.
Midwestern WWC were Vance's best demographic in 2022 primary and probably will be Moreno's too
AncestralDemocrat.
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2024, 08:51:03 PM »

Going to be off by 20 points.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies