If the TikTok ban bill is signed what actually happens to the company in the US?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:44:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  If the TikTok ban bill is signed what actually happens to the company in the US?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What will actually happens to TikTok in the US if the bill to ban it is signed?
The app is sold off to another company and remains operational

The app is not sold, but remains accessible in the U.S.

The app is not sold and is shut down in the U.S.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: If the TikTok ban bill is signed what actually happens to the company in the US?  (Read 163 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 15, 2024, 02:33:33 AM »

What actually happens to TikTok in the United States if the bill to ban it is signed?
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 04:10:51 PM »

What actually happens to TikTok in the United States if the bill to ban it is signed?

It gets bought by Steve Mnuchin as his friends, so instead of the Chinese government spying on the public and shaping opinion, a bunch of right-leaning billionaires will be spying on the public and shaping opinion. Personally, I view this as no practical change.  (Some rich, well-connected jackwagons in this side of the Pacific will probably make a lot money, though.)
compucomp

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 10:19:31 AM »

I see there is great delusion here as most think that TikTok will be sold, borne out of the typical American smugness that America can always have its cake and eat it. But it won't happen in this case. I'll remind you, we, China, must agree to any divestment. We won't go along with this act of pure unadulterated American imperialism. You will not pry TikTok out of our cold dead hands. You will either back down and suffer humiliation, or ban the app and suffer the consequences with your own people.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2024, 10:21:10 AM »

I see there is great delusion here as most think that TikTok will be sold, borne out of the typical American smugness that America can always have its cake and eat it. But it won't happen in this case. I'll remind you, we, China, must agree to any divestment. We won't go along with this act of pure unadulterated American imperialism. You will not pry TikTok out of our cold dead hands. You will either back down and suffer humiliation, or ban the app and suffer the consequences with your own people.

Lol, your posts are so embarrassing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2024, 10:25:35 AM »

"Fine, we'll just have to take our millions of dongs elsewhere" - Peter Griffin.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies