Will Brian Kemp run for Senate or President once he finishes his time as governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:31:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Brian Kemp run for Senate or President once he finishes his time as governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Brian Kemp run for Senate or President once he finishes his time as governor?
Senate

President

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: Will Brian Kemp run for Senate or President once he finishes his time as governor?  (Read 742 times)
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2024, 04:37:46 PM »

Does Brian Kemp run for Senate or President once he’s done as governor?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 05:09:07 PM »

None of the above
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 05:11:46 PM »

I meant “more likely to run for”
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 05:35:19 PM »

I don’t understand where this idea keeps coming from when the moves both have made publicly indicate the opposite.

What moves?

Kemp purportedly only launched a federal PAC after McConnell guaranteed him NRSC support & Senate Leadership Fund money for a '26 run against Ossoff in exchange for doing all that he could to help Herschel Walker in the runoff, & Cooper subtweeted Tillis from the Governor's official account in protest of some Senate votes against helping North Carolinians.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 05:54:41 PM »

He’ll run for Senate I reckon. Not a very well kept secret. As for the post above too—people weirdly keep trying to insist neither Kemp nor Cooper will run for Senate in 2026 when all the subtle signs point to them wanting to do so.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 06:21:45 PM »

Senate is more likely. His chances at being elected nationally are nil given how he supposedly failed the Great Leader.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 07:00:32 PM »

If Biden beats Trump again then I think he has a very good chance of winning the primary and beating Ossoff. In fact, I think that's the best and only particularly good pickup opportunity for Republicans in the Senate in 2026, assuming Kemp is the candidate.

If Trump wins in 2024 then he will not allow Kemp to win the Senate primary. Even if he somehow did, Kemp would lose to Ossoff.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 05:56:30 AM »

If Biden beats Trump again then I think he has a very good chance of winning the primary and beating Ossoff. In fact, I think that's the best and only particularly good pickup opportunity for Republicans in the Senate in 2026, assuming Kemp is the candidate.

If Trump wins in 2024 then he will not allow Kemp to win the Senate primary. Even if he somehow did, Kemp would lose to Ossoff.

This analysis is probably correct. I think Trump will likely try to sabotage Kemp regardless in the primary, but it’d only be effective if Trump was the sitting President.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 09:58:29 AM »

This analysis is probably correct. I think Trump will likely try to sabotage Kemp regardless in the primary, but it’d only be effective if Trump was the sitting President.

Trump's influence actually will decline significantly by 2026 if he loses to Biden again. I doubt he'll even last more than a year or two once he has nothing to live for but lawsuits and criminal investigations.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2024, 01:53:47 AM »

Kemp has always struck me as a more quiet guy. I think he will try to run for Senate as he would be a better fit there than President.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2024, 01:49:02 PM »

ReaganLimbaugh
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2024, 07:06:42 PM »

For Senate and easily defeat Ossoff....by at least 5 points.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2024, 07:27:42 PM »

Kemp being the GOP nominee would be a nightmare for dems, but I don't think he could win the primary.

He can see him winning a Senate primary and then winning the election. He would be 63 at the time of the 2026 election. Ossoff is not the weakest candidate, and he wouldn´t motivate hard right turnout as Abrams do, so I suppose it would be a tossup demographic trends considered.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2024, 07:31:26 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2024, 07:42:21 PM by Roll Roons »

Kemp being the GOP nominee would be a nightmare for dems, but I don't think he could win the primary.

He can see him winning a Senate primary and then winning the election. He would be 63 at the time of the 2026 election. Ossoff is not the weakest candidate, and he wouldn´t motivate hard right turnout as Abrams do, so I suppose it would be a tossup demographic trends considered.

He would easily win the primary. Trump hates him but rank and file Republican voters in GA love him.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2024, 09:43:43 PM »

He would easily win the primary. Trump hates him but rank and file Republican voters in GA love him.

I was talking about the presidential primaries in general. He could win the GA primary, but if he can't win other primaries it would mean very little.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2024, 10:19:54 PM »

I was talking about the presidential primaries in general. He could win the GA primary, but if he can't win other primaries it would mean very little.

Not sure about the nation, but I would expect him to easily win Alabama, Tennessee, and South Carolina as the GOP base in those states is very similar to Georgia. Probably Utah too.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies