A police officer took a teen for a rape kit. Then he assaulted her, too.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:56:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  A police officer took a teen for a rape kit. Then he assaulted her, too.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A police officer took a teen for a rape kit. Then he assaulted her, too.  (Read 389 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2024, 01:43:37 PM »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/interactive/2024/new-orleans-police-child-sexual-abuse-rodney-vicknair/
The 14-year-old did not want to go to the emergency room. Her mother had begged her. Her therapist had gently prodded. And now there was a police officer in her living room.

“You really should think about it,” he said.

He introduced himself as Officer Rodney Vicknair. His New Orleans Police Department cruiser was waiting outside, ready to take her to the hospital for a rape kit. Early that morning, the girl said, a 17-year-old friend had forced himself on her.

Under the police department’s rules, a case like this was supposed to be handled from the start by a detective trained in sex crimes or child abuse. But on this afternoon in May of 2020, it was Vicknair, a patrol officer with a troubled past, who knocked on the girl’s door.

He tried to coax her into changing her mind. “If I’m a young man that has done something wrong to a young lady and she doesn’t follow up and press the issue,” Vicknair said as his body camera recorded the conversation, “then I’m gonna go out and do it to another young lady.”

“And it’s gonna be worse, maybe, the next time,” Vicknair said, “because I’m gonna think in my head, ‘Oh, I got the power. I can go further this time.’ ”

The girl didn’t want that. She just wanted this to be over.

She didn’t know it was only the beginning. Four months later, police would arrest a man for sexually assaulting the girl. But it wouldn’t be her teenage friend. It would be Officer Rodney Vicknair.

I think this is the angriest that a non-political article has made me in a while. Just an unconscionable abuse of power.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2024, 02:17:28 PM »

I'm not going to lie, reading this story made me sick. The insidious ways the abuse started going further and further little by little was just agonizing to read. I can't express anything other than sympathy for that girl. Seems like no one ever cared to take care of her or give her the help she needed, instead she was abused at every turn. The stats about police committing sexual violence against children were stomach churning, too. I have no words other than just...man. I'm so sorry for everyone who has to go through that.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 02:53:21 PM »

Report: Nearly 200 New Orleans Cops Were Accused Of Sexual Misconduct, Domestic Violence, or Harassment. Vicknair had numerous complaints filed against him before his dismissal and sentencing of 14 years.

Police are wrongfully killing and raping more Americans than illegal immigrants. Cut his balls off.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 02:57:55 PM »

Sex crimes detectives that deal with victims should almost always be women, IMO. Men are too creepy.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 03:02:33 PM »

Disgusting.

The greatest nightmare and enemy of a good police officer is a bad police officer. The guy obviously should be locked up as he not only committed crimes, he also betrayed his uniform and oath of office.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 03:07:38 PM »

Why are we hiring cops with multiple arrests and convictions?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 03:42:11 PM »

In fairness, Louisiana has the highest incarceration rate in the country. There's only so many people you can filter out.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2024, 03:51:43 PM »

No one else wants to do the job.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 05:28:17 PM »

If you have a college degree, in a good major, and you have several job offers with work life balance, benefits, and competitive compensation, you're not going to become a police officer.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2024, 06:36:03 PM »

Report: Nearly 200 New Orleans Cops Were Accused Of Sexual Misconduct, Domestic Violence, or Harassment. Vicknair had numerous complaints filed against him before his dismissal and sentencing of 14 years.

Police are wrongfully killing and raping more Americans than illegal immigrants. Cut his balls off.

Citation needed. 

But, yes, cops who do this should be prosecuted, and their doing it as police officers should be considered an aggravating circumstance.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies