Opinion of Swifties
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:23:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Swifties
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Swifties
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Opinion of Swifties  (Read 482 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 13, 2024, 10:39:59 PM »

FF because they vote for the right way because Queen Taylor says to vote Democratic.

Their musical taste and obsessive personality issues...that's not as good. But they vote the right way so it's totally fine.
Upper Canada Tory
BlahTheCanuck
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 10:51:53 PM »

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 11:49:04 PM »

If Swift endorses Biden and that leads them to vote dor him, I will be more than okay with them.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2024, 10:05:34 AM »

Neutral
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 10:08:14 AM »

So your wife isn't one?
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2024, 10:16:46 AM »

She likes Swift as person and a few of her songs, but not such a huge fan that she'd attend a concert (or at least buy tickets herself).

The poll obviously is generalizing as Swifties are millions of people and not a homogeneous group.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2024, 11:52:53 AM »

annoying af
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2024, 02:02:17 PM »

I was in the top 0.5% of Taylor Swift listeners last year (0.1% in 2022 and 0.05% in 2021 and 2020) but I would never consider myself a swiftie. They’re the worst.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2024, 02:09:04 PM »

Very unlikable.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2024, 02:28:38 PM »

Normies who consider themselves swifties but are only 'fans' of her music: FF?

Hardcore swifties: HP

Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2024, 03:57:12 PM »

You mean normal people? Some, I assume, are good people.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2024, 05:01:26 PM »

I would prefer not to interact with anybody who would listen to Taylor Swift by choice.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2024, 06:24:18 PM »

At worst, they're cringe. There are far worse people to obsess over than a wholesome pop-country singer.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2024, 06:26:31 AM »

At worst, they're cringe. There are far worse people to obsess over than a wholesome pop-country singer.
Like any Russian propaganda music that is obsessing over Putin(who is a dictator).
buritobr
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2024, 09:42:30 PM »

I don't like fanaticism for any kind of people: religious leaders, politicians, intelectuals, athletes and artists.
And the Taylor Swift phenomenom is like the Beatlemania: maybe, even bigger than the fanaticism for Michael Jackson, Madonna and Beyonce.

In the Taylor Swift concert in Rio de Janeiro in 2023, one fan died and one thousand needed medical services. Most of the tragedy took place because of the bad organization of the event: inside the stadium was hot like hell because the opened spaces of the stadium were closed in order to not make noise outside the stadium, there was a scarcity of bottled water. But the fanatic behavior of the fans (most of them, 18-25 year old girls) also played a role. Many of them arrived at the stadium at 12, when the air temperature was 35C, 5 hours before the opening of the gates. They wanted to get a place in the line in order to get as closest to the stage as possible. And of course, being exposed to the sun during 5 years destroys the health.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2024, 12:01:31 AM »

They are Freedom Swifties.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2024, 05:55:21 AM »

I don't like fanaticism for any kind of people: religious leaders, politicians, intelectuals, athletes and artists.
And the Taylor Swift phenomenom is like the Beatlemania: maybe, even bigger than the fanaticism for Michael Jackson, Madonna and Beyonce.

In the Taylor Swift concert in Rio de Janeiro in 2023, one fan died and one thousand needed medical services. Most of the tragedy took place because of the bad organization of the event: inside the stadium was hot like hell because the opened spaces of the stadium were closed in order to not make noise outside the stadium, there was a scarcity of bottled water. But the fanatic behavior of the fans (most of them, 18-25 year old girls) also played a role. Many of them arrived at the stadium at 12, when the air temperature was 35C, 5 hours before the opening of the gates. They wanted to get a place in the line in order to get as closest to the stage as possible. And of course, being exposed to the sun during 5 years destroys the health.
She was only 23.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 02:49:17 PM »

Unhealthy parasocial relationships are never something to celebrate. Swifties are just a particularly nasty example. Andrew Tate, Nicki Minaj and of course the most recent Republican president also show how toxic communities like this are.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 09:32:24 AM »

Unhealthy parasocial relationships are never something to celebrate. Swifties are just a particularly nasty example. Andrew Tate, Nicki Minaj and of course the most recent Republican president also show how toxic communities like this are.

Comparing Taylor Swift fans with Andrew Tate fans?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 10:45:13 AM »
« Edited: March 18, 2024, 10:49:12 AM by Horus »

Both have undying loyalty to their personal God/Goddess. I'm not comparing the views of the celebs I'm comparing how devoted, obsessed and mindless their fans are. It is very unhealthy. They're just humans too.

I recently read about a South Korean celeb who was harassed and cyberbullied relentlessly by her "fans" for the crime of .. having a boyfriend. They viewed it as traitorous since her fans were supposed to be the first priority. Stan culture is so disturbing and it seems like the obsessive mindset that hurt that Korean singer is spreading over here.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2024, 03:40:39 PM »

Both have undying loyalty to their personal God/Goddess. I'm not comparing the views of the celebs I'm comparing how devoted, obsessed and mindless their fans are. It is very unhealthy. They're just humans too.

I recently read about a South Korean celeb who was harassed and cyberbullied relentlessly by her "fans" for the crime of .. having a boyfriend. They viewed it as traitorous since her fans were supposed to be the first priority. Stan culture is so disturbing and it seems like the obsessive mindset that hurt that Korean singer is spreading over here.
Saesangs are ethnic Koreans, but are very scary towards Kpop stars(period blood was involved in one case).
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies