GA (CBS/YouGov): Trump 51 - Biden 48
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:27:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  GA (CBS/YouGov): Trump 51 - Biden 48
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: GA (CBS/YouGov): Trump 51 - Biden 48  (Read 787 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2024, 04:02:57 PM »

GAinDC

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 04:06:55 PM »

Not bad for Biden if you assume a slight Trump lead in the national popular vote.
super6646
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 04:08:25 PM »

Numbers seem right at quick glance, but Trump policies seen as strengthening American democracy more so than Biden ones? Ya I do not buy that for a single second.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 04:09:04 PM »

Not bad for Biden if you assume a slight Trump lead in the national popular vote.

Yeah, and the campaign isn't full steam yet. We need more polls to see whether it's a trendline in favor of Biden.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 04:15:31 PM »

IMO Georgia is going to be the toughest 2020 state for Biden to hold. If he's close here it's probably evenish nationally.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 04:21:37 PM »

Not bad to start the general election. Trump will only get more negative coverage.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 04:22:51 PM »

IMO Georgia is going to be the toughest 2020 state for Biden to hold. If he's close here it's probably evenish nationally.
Georgia is just close in general to its demographics. It's a lot easier for Trump to win it than say Michigan but it's harder for him to run away with the margin in the peach state.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 04:49:47 PM »

Numbers seem right at quick glance, but Trump policies seen as strengthening American democracy more so than Biden ones? Ya I do not buy that for a single second.

Yeah; that one caught my eye too; it stems from independents - Trump gets a positive 46/41 on that question, while Biden gets a very negative 19/52 among that. There's no way they're that different among that group; however, again, I've beat this drumbeat a lot - but I think next to some of the younger/nonwhite crosstabs, Independent samples are going to be among the whackiest this season too. Pollsters had a really hard time with Independents in 2022, and YouGov has particularly always had a weird R-leaning edge with that group historically.

In 2022, many GA polls had Walker winning Independents, only to lose them pretty big in the end. It's still early; so it could change, but something to keep an eye on.

I also am just asking for one poll to be conducted after the SOTU; we've now gotten a few and they're either all done before or just a few days of it. This one looks like it's half & half (3/4-3/11)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 04:53:54 PM »

Ironically, or not, given what we've seen in polling a lot recently - Biden is doing what he needs to do among White voters - 30/69 here matches the 2020 exit poll perfectly. He's down 3 b/c black support has gone from 88-11 to 82-17.

Where he's closely about equal or better than 2020: Female voters, <45 voters, Liberals, White voters, Conservative voters
Where he's doing worse than 2020: Black voters, Men voters, Moderate voters, 65+, Independents
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 04:55:03 PM »

GA is winnable
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 05:06:47 PM »

GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 05:21:46 PM »

I think my wife got polled for this one.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2024, 05:50:50 PM »

The Key Number: Trump wins his 2020 GA Voters 92-7.

The notion that Haleys Voters would not vote for him is baloney. Trump will get 92 or 93 % of GA Republicans come November.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2024, 05:55:59 PM »

Georgia is starting to converge on 2020. I fully expect Biden +2 result largely based on trends with a black belt right swing and not a suburban reversion like this write up suggests.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2024, 06:00:20 PM »

The day after I said GA was within 5 points on the main board (I thought Trump was up about 3-4 points), we get two polls with Trump +4 (Emerson) and Trump +3 (CBS). Since I think GA is the hardest swing state for Biden to hold, it makes me think the big 3 in the Midwest and Arizona are dead heats, and Nevada is a slight Trump advantage (+1 or +2)
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 06:00:23 PM »

YouGov fools us into believing that there's gonna be no third party vote.

But 10% will vote for Kennedy, Stein and the Libertarian candidate.
dspNY
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2024, 06:06:30 PM »

No way. Maybe 6-7% at most goes to a third party. I'd bet even less. Georgia is not fertile ground for third parties historically.

I could definitely see something like Trump 48, Biden 46, RFK Jr/other third parties 6
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2024, 06:22:35 PM »

No way. Maybe 6-7% at most goes to a third party. I'd bet even less. Georgia is not fertile ground for third parties historically.

I could definitely see something like Trump 48, Biden 46, RFK Jr/other third parties 6

Yes, historically the Greens have had trouble getting ballot access here, although the Libertarians have done relatively well.
Cyrusman
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2024, 06:30:43 PM »

The Key Number: Trump wins his 2020 GA Voters 92-7.

The notion that Haleys Voters would not vote for him is baloney. Trump will get 92 or 93 % of GA Republicans come November.

Haley voters to me are two groups.

Group A: Actual republicans and right leaning independents : The majority of these people will fall in line with Trump. Not all, but most

Group B: Not republicans at all, but actually Dems or left leaning independents . These were were never going to vote GOP in the general, including for Nikki Haley should she have won.

Group A will definitely go to Trump
Cyrusman
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2024, 06:32:45 PM »

You are correct, but AZ and NV sure are, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. I don't think its that inconceivable by any means to imagine 3rd parties getting a combined 10% in AZ/NV.

dspNY
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2024, 06:52:58 PM »

You are correct, but AZ and NV sure are, so it will be interesting to see what happens there. I don't think its that inconceivable by any means to imagine 3rd parties getting a combined 10% in AZ/NV.

I agree on Nevada. Believe they have a "none of these candidates" choice which usually gets a couple of percent. Third parties got about 7.5% of the vote in Arizona but I'm more bullish on the Democrats' chances in AZ than NV
Malarkey Decider
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2024, 06:58:01 PM »

It just seems unlikely to me that 3rd parties get a higher percent than 2016. Considering that AZ and NV had 7.3% and 6.7% Third Party vote shares in 2016, I think it's very fair to assume a sub 5% 3rd party vote share in each this year.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2024, 10:19:19 PM »

I don't assume that, but I do expect Georgia to be very inelastic regardless. I would not be surprised if Democrats start winning there while losing the electoral college in 2028 onward.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 03:35:14 AM »

I don't assume that, but I do expect Georgia to be very inelastic regardless. I would not be surprised if Democrats start winning there while losing the electoral college in 2028 onward.

Ds aren't losing the EC college with WI, MI and PA
Farmlands
Portugal

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.14

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2024, 05:10:55 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2024, 09:08:43 AM by Farmlands »

The Supreme Court case must've done quite the number on Biden, because otherwise I can't imagine why people in Georgia would give better marks to Donald J. Trump on strengthening democracy over the current president. Didn't think I'd see such numbers this early on, actually.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies