Woman at the center of Katie Britt's sex trafficking story calls her out for lying
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:23:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Woman at the center of Katie Britt's sex trafficking story calls her out for lying
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Woman at the center of Katie Britt's sex trafficking story calls her out for lying  (Read 115 times)
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2024, 08:30:04 AM »

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/katie-britt-sotu-story-sex-trafficking-survivor-1234985124/

During a Sunday interview with CNN, Jacinto, whom Britt’s office confirmed was the woman referenced in the story, said that she rarely chooses to “cooperate with politicians, because it seems to me that they only want an image. They only want a photo — and that to me is not fair.” Jacinto, who’s become a prominent anti-sex trafficking activist, has also stated that she was not trafficked by the drug cartels, but by a man who acted as a “professional pimp.”

"I work as a spokesperson for many victims who have no voice, and I really would like them to be empathetic: all the governors, all the senators, to be empathetic with the issue of human trafficking because there are millions of girls and boys who disappear all the time,” Jacinto added. “People who are really trafficked and abused, as she [Britt] mentioned. And I think she [Britt] should first take into account what really happens before telling a story of that magnitude."
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 10:11:20 AM »

Seems like this year's SOTU response was the biggest dumpster fire of responses in modern times.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 10:34:54 AM »

Seems like this year's SOTU response was the biggest dumpster fire of responses in modern times.

Something tells me her political career isn't going to transcend beyond Alabama.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 11:00:40 AM »

Something tells me her political career isn't going to transcend beyond Alabama.

People have been talking about how the GOP SOTU responder always tanks their national chances with a poor performance, but I think if anything, the GOP has already accepted that the response is a poisoned chalice of sorts and tasks it with people who they doubt would ever have bigger nationwide prospects anyway. The GOP nominating a senator from Alabama does nothing for them and such a person has zero experience with the kind of political persuasion and messaging that a (vice) presidential candidate needs.

Katie Britt will serve three or four terms, otherwise be a bland appropriator in the vein of her old boss Richard Shelby, and then retire to be a lobbyist for electric utilities or regional banks.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 11:15:53 AM »

People have been talking about how the GOP SOTU responder always tanks their national chances with a poor performance, but I think if anything, the GOP has already accepted that the response is a poisoned chalice of sorts and tasks it with people who they doubt would ever have bigger nationwide prospects anyway. The GOP nominating a senator from Alabama does nothing for them and such a person has zero experience with the kind of political persuasion and messaging that a (vice) presidential candidate needs.

Katie Britt will serve three or four terms, otherwise be a bland appropriator in the vein of her old boss Richard Shelby, and then retire to be a lobbyist for electric utilities or regional banks.
Republican SOTU responses under Obama:

2009: Bobby Jindal - career went up in flames.
2010: Bob McDonnell - career went up in flames.
2011: Paul Ryan - Well he did become House Speaker...but a rather brief and ineffective one leaving office in an embarrassing way. Technically not a complete dud I guess.
2012: Mitch Daniels - did absolutely nothing after leaving office.
2013: Marco Rubio - Not as bad as most since he at least has a Senate seat for a pretty long time, but his presidential campaign was a disaster and embarrassing.
2014: Cathy McMorris Rodgers - Got to serve some time in House leadership...not particular notable role but still not a flop. Leaving office after this year but on her own terms at least.
2015: Joni Ernst - Kind of like Rubio, she has her self locked into a Senate seat for as long as she wants it, which isn't a bad career outcome for a politician, but hardly what one would expect of supposed "rising stars"
2016: Nikki Haley - Actually had a fairly impressive career later and will now be known for her campaign denying Trump a sweep, not really the sport of career politicians want but not a total flop.

That's honestly better than I remembered. Only three flopped or went nowhere, the rest were just kind of underwhelming at worst. Still despite all the skewering she's getting, that's likely the fate of Britt too, having a safe Senate seat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies