February Inflation and Unemployment both rose; real hourly wages fell
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:29:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  February Inflation and Unemployment both rose; real hourly wages fell
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: February Inflation and Unemployment both rose; real hourly wages fell  (Read 724 times)
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2024, 05:34:08 PM »

More seems like statistical noise to me. This like having three polls with one candidate improving in all of them by 0.1% or 0.2% and claiming there's a trend or a huge turnaround. Obviously not surprised this is coming from the OP who's constantly wishcasting/cheering for a recession.
A lot of other data points to the same thing.

Ie Kansas City Fed Labor conditions is collapsing fast. NY Fed confidence in finding a job after being laid off has declined significantly. JOLTS hiring rates have collapsed. NFIP share of businesses saying finding labor is the biggest issue for them has also collapsed. All of this points to a rapidly deteriorating labor market.

ISM price pressures have trended up in recent months.

Boy, the SOTU really rattled you, didn't it?
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2024, 05:38:15 PM »

Inflation will be just fine once Trump is re-elected and he cuts taxes and pressures the Fed into lowering interest rates.

Bush Republicans brought to heel, good.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2024, 05:57:12 PM »

More seems like statistical noise to me. This like having three polls with one candidate improving in all of them by 0.1% or 0.2% and claiming there's a trend or a huge turnaround. Obviously not surprised this is coming from the OP who's constantly wishcasting/cheering for a recession.

Ie Kansas City Fed Labor conditions is collapsing fast. NY Fed confidence in finding a job after being laid off has declined significantly. JOLTS hiring rates have collapsed. NFIP share of businesses saying finding labor is the biggest issue for them has also collapsed. All of this points to a rapidly deteriorating labor market.

The economy getting worse is rattling me.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2024, 06:48:52 PM »

Riverwalk is angry because money was spent to keep people alive during the pandemic and is now hoping for another Great Depression because it will defeat Biden.

But he's already confessed to being part of the 1%, so he'll be fine while the rest of the US falls apart. And he sits there and wonders why the rest of the country has so much contempt for people like him.

I'm calling BS on that. He may have rich parents, but this guy definitely does not contribute to a household in the top 1%

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2024, 07:06:25 PM »

Inflation is accelerating, as if we extrapolate February to the whole year, we would get 5.3% inflation.

This is a nonsensical economic analysis.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2024, 07:06:51 PM »

No it isn't.  You just want another Great Depression to happen, safe in the knowledge you won't feel the affects.

This is why I struggle to have empathy for libertarians at times.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024, 07:17:32 PM »

3.2% is a pretty decent inflation rate tbh. It looks to me like the US economy is returning to normal.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2024, 11:23:02 PM »

No it isn't.  You just want another Great Depression to happen, safe in the knowledge you won't feel the affects.

This is why I struggle to have empathy for libertarians at times.
Actually I would get hurt by the policies I advocate. A vast majority of Wall Street will have to find a more useful job as the demand for speculation would crash.
Epaminondas

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2024, 01:47:21 AM »

Actually I would get hurt by the policies I advocate. A vast majority of Wall Street will have to find a more useful job as the demand for speculation would crash.

Being in the top percentile means earning roughly 800k per year, which amounts to $300 an hour on a 50h week.

Given your posting rhythm, posting your insights here might be costing you $600 a day! Cut your losses buddy! Saving on this would go a long way to make up for the looming downturn.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2024, 01:49:26 AM »

That's why Biden says his agenda has been stalled by Rs, there is still more left to do, not obstruction
pantsaregood
United States

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2024, 09:03:34 AM »

The Riverwalk principle: If one indefinitely insists that "a recession is coming," they will (presumably) eventually be correct.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2024, 09:08:37 AM »

Again, Biden says he isn't finished his agenda is being stalled by Rs including Ukraine aid, that's why he needs to get reelected, instead Stimulus checks that voters think they are gonna get from Trump, we should be looking out for reparations
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies