Emerson: GA Trump +4
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:04:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Emerson: GA Trump +4
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emerson: GA Trump +4  (Read 467 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2024, 06:03:10 AM »

dspNY
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 06:58:40 AM »

This feels more believable to me than the Trump +8 polls here. I had posted a thread that said GA was within 5 points on the main board. Maybe Biden did gain a couple of points from the SOTU
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 08:36:27 AM »

This feels more believable to me than the Trump +8 polls here. I had posted a thread that said GA was within 5 points on the main board. Maybe Biden did gain a couple of points from the SOTU

Unfortunately this poll was fielded right before, March 5-7.

Good trendline for Biden here though, his best result in Emerson of their 4 recent GA polls. Emerson though, lol.
Redban

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 08:42:39 AM »

RFK Jr’s PAC has almost 3x as many signatures needed for ballot access in GA. He will be there. The Trump +7 figure is indicative of what will happen
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 09:47:56 AM »

RFK Jr’s PAC has almost 3x as many signatures needed for ballot access in GA. He will be there. The Trump +7 figure is indicative of what will happen

WE DONT NEED GA
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 09:52:26 AM »

Yup, though there seems to be some movement towards Biden here. Biden most likely needs a little more until November to keep GA, though he was mostly trailing in 2020 here as well. GA was one of the few states in which he was underestimated last time.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 11:16:55 AM »

Including Cornel West is ridiculous at this point, though. It's very clear that he's unlikely to be on any ballots at all.
GAinDC

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2024, 11:38:35 AM »

Yup, though there seems to be some movement towards Biden here. Biden most likely needs a little more until November to keep GA, though he was mostly trailing in 2020 here as well. GA was one of the few states in which he was underestimated last time.

Warnock was underestimated as well in 2022

Many thought his best chance was to keep Walker below 50
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 11:45:01 AM »

The fact that all these polls keep showing RFK Jr. hurting Biden is one of the best indications that the polls can't be trusted right now.
Redban

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 11:56:22 AM »

The fact that all these polls keep showing RFK Jr. hurting Biden is one of the best indications that the polls can't be trusted right now.

Is he really though? ... the polls with RFK Jr included also have West and Stein, who are heavily left-wing. If you assume their votes come from Biden cause their similar views, then Trump/Biden/RFK Jr would be something like Trump 44/Biden 40 / RFK Jr 15. That would indicate that RFK Jr takes 2% from Trump and Biden equally (i.e. he splits the vote).

Of course, it's likely that some of the West/Stein voters would vote "Other" or RFK Jr instead of Biden if West/Stein weren't on the ballot. But still ... RFK Jr may not be so damaging to Biden as you think
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 11:57:55 AM »

Is he really though? ... the polls with RFK Jr included also have West and Stein, who are heavily left-wing. If you assume their votes come from Biden cause their similar views, then Trump/Biden/RFK Jr would be something like Trump 44/Biden 40 / RFK Jr 15. That would indicate that RFK Jr takes 2% from Trump and Biden equally (i.e. he splits the vote).

Of course, it's likely that some of the West/Stein voters would vote "Other" or RFK Jr instead of Biden if West/Stein weren't on the ballot. But still ... RFK Jr may not be so damaging to Biden as you think

Trump isn't winning GA by 7 and even if RFK is added he won't win by 7 did you not forget the polls overstated Walker in 22 they had Walker up by 5 pts leading up to Eday
🇺🇦 Purple 🦄 Unicorn 🇮🇱
Purple Unicorn
Germany

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 11:59:19 AM »

Isn't Trump +7 the more accurate headline?

RFK Jr. has already enough signatures for GA and Stein is likely to be on the ballot too.

West probably not, but the Libertarian candidate will be.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2024, 12:00:17 PM »

I don't believe that RFK Jr. splits the vote, if he gets any traction. Ideologically, he is a perfect fit for the conspiratorial Trump-adjacent voter. And anecdotally, every person I've met who is sympathetic to RFK Jr. (which admittedly is only a few) has had shy Trump voter written all over them. He "steals" at least 3-1 from Trump over Biden. Probably more than that.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2024, 12:01:39 PM »

That's a lot closer to reality than the ridiculous Trump +10 margins that even Raffensperger couldn't hit in 2022.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies