"The Republican party no longer exists. MAGA is the party now."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:27:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "The Republican party no longer exists. MAGA is the party now."
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: "The Republican party no longer exists. MAGA is the party now."  (Read 1228 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2024, 07:49:12 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 08:04:38 PM »

"Conservatism today" is now MAGA and only MAGA.
I hope OSR is listening to this.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 08:05:24 PM »

Huh, expected a comment like that to be from somebody who's against MAGA and Trump, not from Don Jr himself bragging.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 08:29:05 PM »

It's been this way from the second he first won the 2016 nomination.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 08:47:05 PM »

Wait, is MAGA supposed to be pronounced "mah-ga"?  I've always been saying it "mag-a"...have I been wrong this whole time?
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 10:58:23 PM »

Wait, is MAGA supposed to be pronounced "mah-ga"?  I've always been saying it "mag-a"...have I been wrong this whole time?
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 11:36:12 PM »

Biden says it like "magga" but the true believers say "mah-ga"
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 11:37:53 PM »

I pronounce it like I am about to say 'maggot' but I change the ending at the last minute. 
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 12:32:18 AM »

This is hardly breaking news, but sure, let the usurpers gloat once again.

If millions of people want to reshape a 169-year old institution into the incoherent vision of a rambling sociopath, that's on them.  The question is what happens in the next few years, when the cult leader himself is finally shielded from public view to preserve any remaining personal dignity and eventually croaks.

I expect we'll all have to suffer through a few decades of intra-party competing extrapolations of "What Would Donald Do?", and "I'm the second coming of Donald!" "No I am!"  Just like we used to hear it about Ronald Reagan, right up until 2016.  The difference being that at least Reagan had some admirable personal qualities that his successors could aspire to emulate; Trump's imitators for the next several years are all going to compete to see who can be the most utterly awful human beings.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2024, 08:58:50 AM »

This isn't news, and any non-MAGA Republicans who believe otherwise are just deluding themselves.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2024, 08:59:35 AM »

Lyndon swings, and misses again!
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2024, 07:15:59 PM »

Yea, you’ve been wrong but not really about pronunciation.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 07:49:45 PM »

That's why if Trump is elected it won't mean much because the Filibuster will remain and a divided Congress his agenda will be stalled

Daines and McConnell said the Filibuster must remain if Rs keep control, that means obstruction

That's why Rs are gonna be fooled when Trump gets reelected, there won't be nothing passed Ds are vowing to obstruct Trump agenda just like the Rs did Biden
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 08:02:58 PM »

‘Absolute bloodbath’ at RNC as new leadership loyal to Trump purges staff.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/11/new-rnc-leadership-trump-loyals-purge-staff

More evidence that MAGA is completely the GOP now.
If you thought the RNC was being run by crazies in the past, we have not seen anything yet.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 08:55:39 PM »

‘Absolute bloodbath’ at RNC as new leadership loyal to Trump purges staff.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/11/new-rnc-leadership-trump-loyals-purge-staff

More evidence that MAGA is completely the GOP now.
If you thought the RNC was being run by crazies in the past, we have not seen anything yet.

Trump is turning, or maybe has turned, the GOP into a doomsdays cult running a pyramid scheme
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 02:22:01 PM »

red avatar crocodile tears
GAinDC

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2024, 02:29:26 PM »

All you can do is criticize a completely valid reaction to a known grifter hijacking one of America’s major parties.

No commentary on the act itself. That’s telling.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2024, 02:38:12 PM »

All you can do is criticize a completely valid reaction to a known grifter hijacking one of America’s major parties.

I don't have time for false sympathy over the "end" of the traditional Republican Party.  Ten years ago, Democrats would have cheered on the institutional destruction of the Romney/Cruz/Ryan conservative GOP.  I won't take y'all pretending to pine for it now for nakedly partisan reasons.

The idea of a "traditional" or "sane" Republican is a fake unicorn invented by D hacks so they can constantly move the goalposts and paint every GOP nominee as somehow worse than the last.  In only 10-20 years, y'all will be begging to have Trump back LOL   
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2024, 02:46:31 PM »

I don't have time for false sympathy over the "end" of the traditional Republican Party.  Ten years ago, Democrats would have cheered on the institutional destruction of the Romney/Cruz/Ryan conservative GOP.  I won't take y'all pretending to pine for it now for nakedly partisan reasons.

The idea of a "traditional" or "sane" Republican is a fake unicorn invented by D hacks so they can constantly move the goalposts and paint every GOP nominee as somehow worse than the last.  In only 10-20 years, y'all will be begging to have Trump back LOL   

“LOL”

Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2024, 02:49:36 PM »

Who said we have sympathy for y’all
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2024, 04:30:15 PM »

There's no need for goalpost shifting or crocodile tears.  You guys really do keep finding the absolute worst people to lead your party, and then somehow dig down even deeper for the next one!  It’s amazing.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2024, 05:50:21 PM »

It's not moving the goal posts if the circumstances actually change. You guys keep nominating worse and worse candidates every cycle!
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2024, 05:58:04 PM »

It's not moving the goal posts if the circumstances actually change. You guys keep nominating worse and worse candidates every cycle!

You guys acted like Romney was worse than W lol
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2024, 06:01:03 PM »

You guys acted like Romney was worse than W lol

"Mitt Romney is bad, but not as bad as Bush" doesn't make for a very effective GOTV effort, does it?

Why should we apologize for actively campaigning against your candidate?
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2024, 06:21:06 PM »

Trump’s purge probably will be immolation for the RNC. Can’t expect traitors, clowns and grifters to run a successful operation.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies