AOC at movie theater confronted by Pro-Palestine activists: 'YOU REFUSE TO CALL IT A GENOCIDE'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:12:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC at movie theater confronted by Pro-Palestine activists: 'YOU REFUSE TO CALL IT A GENOCIDE'
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AOC at movie theater confronted by Pro-Palestine activists: 'YOU REFUSE TO CALL IT A GENOCIDE'  (Read 1060 times)
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2024, 11:15:15 AM »

I'm in favor of this. If you are member of Congress you should hear from people wherever you are.
I feel the exact opposite way. I don't specifically pity AOC, and I suspect she'd totally support it when Members of Congress on the right would be treated like this anyway. But I think it is generally completely wrong to disturb any elected official this way, especially with the shouting and the recording, which is intimidating, and especially when they're not working. Very disturbing.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2024, 06:09:53 PM »

I'm in favor of this. If you are member of Congress you should hear from people wherever you are.
I feel the exact opposite way. I don't specifically pity AOC, and I suspect she'd totally support it when Members of Congress on the right would be treated like this anyway. But I think it is generally completely wrong to disturb any elected official this way, especially with the shouting and the recording, which is intimidating, and especially when they're not working. Very disturbing.
There comes a point to where there is no liberty without order.

These particular activists have been heard, and they continue to be heard.  That is their right, but it's not their right to go into events and disrupt them with their shouting and intimidation to where others can't be heard.  That's CONDUCT, not speech.

And that includes going into restaurants and disrupting other diners.  The diners PAY for that experience.  People with grievances don't have a right to disrupt others.  If you wish to make the argument that there are not adequate avenues for people to seek redress of grievances, that is another matter, and I might well agree with you there, but there is a difference between seeking redress of grievances through a republican form of government and using sheer force and intimidation to shut down your opponents.
Barack Oganja

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2024, 09:45:09 PM »

I've said before that these people hate AOC more than they hate Biden (and obviously Trump.)

Also this is basically the left's "WHY WON'T OBAMA SAY RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM?!"
I was going to say that feels like 10 years ago, but it was lol
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies