AOC at movie theater confronted by Pro-Palestine activists: 'YOU REFUSE TO CALL IT A GENOCIDE'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:05:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  AOC at movie theater confronted by Pro-Palestine activists: 'YOU REFUSE TO CALL IT A GENOCIDE'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: AOC at movie theater confronted by Pro-Palestine activists: 'YOU REFUSE TO CALL IT A GENOCIDE'  (Read 1058 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2024, 06:42:59 PM »

longtimelurker

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 2.43

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 07:21:05 PM »

"Pro-Palestinian activists" show up everywhere.  They were protesting at the Academy Awards earlier this evening.  Environmental rallies.  Hospitals.  The less the place or event has to do with Palestine, the more likely that the activists will be there.  They've turned themselves into a running joke.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 07:38:40 PM »

"Pro-Palestinian activists" show up everywhere.  They were protesting at the Academy Awards earlier this evening.  Environmental rallies.  Hospitals.  The less the place or event has to do with Palestine, the more likely that the activists will be there.  They've turned themselves into a running joke.
The biggest cause of harm to the Palestinian people are other Palestine activists. The whiter the activist, the more obnoxious they are. Triple whammy if the protester screaming about Palestine is a Jew.

I say this as someone who is skeptical of Zionism. I'm hardly a Netanyahu fan.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 07:46:53 PM »

The biggest cause of harm to the Palestinian people are other Palestine activists. The whiter the activist, the more obnoxious they are. Triple whammy if the protester screaming about Palestine is a Jew.

Honestly, I would be surprised if these people are actually activists and not simply trying to get likes and retweets.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 07:48:06 PM »

Honestly, I would be surprised if these people are actually activists and not simply trying to get likes and retweets.

Don't make me sympathize with these losers...
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 08:31:57 PM »

If she is being harassed, this is truly the moment their protests lost all ability to be taken seriously.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 10:05:16 PM »
« Edited: March 10, 2024, 10:10:14 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

She cried when the US funded the Iron Dome. If that isn't enough for these people, I don't know what else to say. This is becoming less about ideology and more about vibes. Maybe this is the MAGA of the left, but without a centralized leader.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2024, 10:12:44 PM »

She cried when the US funded the Iron Dome. If that isn't enough for these people, I don't know what else to say. This is becoming less about ideology and more about vibes. Maybe this is the MAGA of the left, but without a centralized leader.

She bravely voted present.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2024, 11:14:09 PM »

If she is being harassed, this is truly the moment their protests lost all ability to be taken seriously.

You know the interesting thing about mass social movements is they include people from all walks of life, with unity on a single issue but disagreements over how to best organize, how far they're willing to go to achieve their goals, whether or not to work within the system to achieve them, and more. Millions of people in the United States support Palestine and that includes Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. And yet you're using the dumb actions of these people here to discredit the entire movement and the ideas behind it.
Devils30
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2024, 11:19:58 PM »

A portion of the left has been radicalized just as badly if not even more than MAGA.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2024, 11:23:44 PM »

A portion of the left has been radicalized just as badly if not even more than MAGA.
You're the second person to make this observation in nine posts. Congrats
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2024, 11:25:07 PM »

I've said before that these people hate AOC more than they hate Biden (and obviously Trump.)

Also this is basically the left's "WHY WON'T OBAMA SAY RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISM?!"
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2024, 04:43:01 AM »

Pathetic. I wish I believed these clowns were right-wing psyops, but experience tells me many leftists are really just that stupid.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2024, 10:50:10 AM »

Haters gonna hate
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2024, 11:12:49 AM »
« Edited: March 11, 2024, 11:16:32 AM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

"Pro-Palestinian activists" show up everywhere.  They were protesting at the Academy Awards earlier this evening.  Environmental rallies.  Hospitals.  The less the place or event has to do with Palestine, the more likely that the activists will be there.  They've turned themselves into a running joke.

I don't know, this is the first group of activists I don't feel that way about in my adult life.

There were a couple of isolated instances early on where I thought they hurt their cause, but it is increasingly evident every day that the genocide being committed by Israel may be the most evil thing to occur on our planet this century and is every bit as evil as Putin's crimes - rather than the 'both sides are reasonable' propaganda I believed as long as I've had ears. They are really putting in the morally obligatory groundwork, and I can't help but respect it. People need to be educated, and I am glad they educated me.

I really don't like harassing public officials, but if there ever were a good time to do it, this issue at least carries pretty extreme moral weight.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2024, 11:13:04 AM »

Very cool that AOC and I go to the same movie theater.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2024, 11:23:00 AM »

Very cool that AOC and I go to the same movie theater.
I wonder what movie she was going to. My first inclination was Dune 2, but I see that Cabrini was released and that seems up her alley.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2024, 01:41:19 PM »

I'm in favor of this. If you are member of Congress you should hear from people wherever you are.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2024, 06:50:24 PM »

I'm in favor of this. If you are member of Congress you should hear from people wherever you are.

Sure, but AOC does not seem to be the most prime target in tbis case.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 06:59:44 PM »

Sure, but AOC does not seem to be the most prime target in tbis case.

As I have said, these "activists" always harass Democrats. And you must be extra naive if you think that's a coincidence.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2024, 07:13:45 PM »

Giving these people attention is exactly what they want. They don't care about doing anything for Palestine, they care about moral grandstanding and constantly trying to out-activist each other. They're nothing more than privileged rich college kids who saw some Tiktoks, made Palestine their whole personality, and get to brag to all their friends of the same ilk that they're more woke than AOC and Bernie, all the while doing accomplishing absolutely nothing. I want nothing more than for these morons to just calm tf down, because they are only hurting the movement that they claim to care so much about.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2024, 07:24:59 PM »

Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2024, 08:11:39 PM »

A congressman is confronted about a hot button political issue. THE LEFT HAS GONE INSANE!
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2024, 05:57:06 PM »

A congressman is confronted about a hot button political issue. THE LEFT HAS GONE INSANE!

This is blatantly disingenuous and you know it.

One of the most pro-Palestinian members of congress (far more pro-Palestine than the average American, I might add) got confronted for not being radical enough by a gang of far-left retards.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2024, 06:43:38 PM »

This is blatantly disingenuous and you know it.

One of the most pro-Palestinian members of congress (far more pro-Palestine than the average American, I might add) got confronted for not being radical enough by a gang of far-left retards.
No I really do mean this one.

Even though on this specific issue I have a more nuanced view than the activists shouting at AOC, I have no issue whatsoever with their tactics except maybe that it might not necessarily the most productive or efficient way to get their point across. My point is that politicians are there to be yelled at. I will never ever ever have an issue with people yelling at politicians in public. Whether it's at a rally, a Starbucks or a movie theater.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies