SNL parodies Katie Britt's SOTU response
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:31:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  SNL parodies Katie Britt's SOTU response
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SNL parodies Katie Britt's SOTU response  (Read 639 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2024, 09:15:36 AM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 10:50:12 AM »

Decent effort but nothing can surpass the original.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2024, 11:28:52 AM »

Scar Jo? That's awesome lol
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2024, 11:54:03 AM »

Didn't pay any real attention to the SOTU or the response. Just checked out some of Britt's response on YT and mother of god it's so much worse than this. A parody doesn't really work if it's less over the top than what it's parodying, and this is way underplayed.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 02:01:49 PM »

Didn't pay any real attention to the SOTU or the response. Just checked out some of Britt's response on YT and mother of god it's so much worse than this. A parody doesn't really work if it's less over the top than what it's parodying, and this is way underplayed.

This has been the case with the GOP for a while. They have long surpassed any insane parody you can think of.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 02:36:45 PM »

Waste of time, they could have just played the original.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2024, 07:48:12 PM »

Helps when she's married to the Weekend Update anchor and former head writer
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 12:42:47 PM »

It’s hardly a sick burn on someone to cast Scarlett Johansson to play them.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2024, 11:00:43 PM »

It’s hardly a sick burn on someone to cast Scarlett Johansson to play them.

No one's trying to burn her looks. They're burning her message and delivery.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2024, 06:52:12 AM »

The irony is that rich Southern white women spend little time in a kitchen. Hired help usually works there.

Why did she choose a kitchen? Couldn't she have instead chosen a library? You know, a place with real books with real ideas? Or are real books with real ideas not Republican anymore? I'm not talking about a shelf full of "conservative" icons... but instead Great Books.

OK, Dante's Inferno would be a clear warning to Dnald Trump.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2024, 11:53:45 AM »

Why did she choose a kitchen? Couldn't she have instead chosen a library? You know, a place with real books with real ideas? Or are real books with real ideas not Republican anymore? I'm not talking about a shelf full of "conservative" icons... but instead Great Books.

Conservative libraries only have one book in them.  Starts with a 'b', rhymes with libel.  And is also very rarely read.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2024, 11:57:32 AM »

Conservative libraries only have one book in them.  Starts with a 'b', rhymes with libel.  And is also very rarely read.

This is a problem with Christianity in general. Any church across this country (liberal or conservative) probably only has about 5-10% of its congregation (at best) who has actually read the whole Bible at any point in their lives. If we're talking about reading it regularly, then it's probably a lot closer to 1%.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2024, 06:12:40 PM »

'The Art of the Deal' might be in there too.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2024, 01:48:26 AM »

It was an awful speech, because it wasn't optimistic the Rs need to start proposing instead of Nick picking, that's why Rs are endangered every Eday with losing seats they are obstruction

Look at 26 how many targets Ds have, they are in red states except ME but still targets we can gain 3/5 more seats after 24
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2024, 01:59:40 PM »

This was the best parody of it: https://thehardtimes.net/music/joe-biden-spends-the-entire-state-of-the-union-explaining-how-true-emo-only-comes-from-the-washington-d-c-hardcore-scene/

The GOP rebuttal to the president’s speech, given by Alabama Senator Katie Britt, focused on how coastal elites bogart popular music.

“These snobs think that they’re so smart in their ivory towers and that they can gatekeep all of the music,” said an enraged Britt. “I love emo of all flavors and styles no matter where in the nation it comes from. That’s because I’m a true emo girl. When I say ‘rawr’ to my husband every night that’s me telling him I love him and darn it, that means something. I can still remember wearing my ripped black skinny jeans, purple poofy hair, and my Nightmare Before Christmas jacket with little holes in the sleeves to put my thumbs through while going through law school. I’ve been to more Warped Tour concerts than President Biden and I have the wristbands to prove it. Republicans believe that All Emo Matters no matter where it comes from.”
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies