TikToker uncovers Katie Britt's very misleading account of woman during SOTU rebuttal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:11:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  TikToker uncovers Katie Britt's very misleading account of woman during SOTU rebuttal
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: TikToker uncovers Katie Britt's very misleading account of woman during SOTU rebuttal  (Read 276 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 09, 2024, 12:31:13 PM »

Essentially, the story about the woman is not wrong - it happened - but turns out it happened ... over 15 years in Mexico, not the United States. What happened to the woman had nothing to do with Joe Biden or his policies, or even here in this country, despite her insinuating this was something that has happened under Joe biden's presidency.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2024, 12:47:29 PM »

Republicans stretch the truth, and otters hold hands when they sleep.

What other fun facts are out there?
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2024, 01:33:29 PM »

I heard that and thought it was weird, I was like, how have I not heard this story before, this sounds much worse than the Laken Riley and Kate Steinle murders.

I remember there was an episode of Dateline NBC about a guy who was randomly kidnapped because the cartels thought he was rich, he wasn't actually rich, but they kept him locked in a closet enduring starvation and torture for a year while also psychologically torturing his wife to try and get her to give them ever more money... they would say, give us 2 million and we'll release your husband, and then she would beg friends and family to get it, and they would just take it and not give him back, and then threaten to cut off his foot unless she got another million.  This was something I watched in high school and it was one of those stories that stick with you.

I just looked it up, you can watch it here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atjINQhAedo
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2024, 01:40:57 PM »

The more depressing and infuriating thing here though is that we had to learn about this from a TikToker, where all of the main news orgs didn't even bother to actually do their job to look into this.
Electric Circus
United States
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 11:10:27 AM »

Britt's people are acknowledging that her story can be described, at best, as fiction based on real events:

Britt spokesman Sean Ross on Saturday confirmed to The Associated Press that the senator was speaking about the account of a young Mexican woman who told of being repeatedly raped in Mexico from 2004 to 2008 — when Republican George W. Bush was the U.S. president.

Ross said people are still victims of “disgusting, brutal trafficking by the cartels.”

Britt herself is brushing offing the criticism, without denying that the story as she told it was a fabrication

“I’ve said, in [Biden’s] first 100 days he had 94 executive actions, and those executive actions didn’t just create the crisis. They invited it,” Britt said in a “Fox News Sunday” interview with Shannon Bream.

“The truth is, and the media knows that they’re not covering it, that human trafficking has gone up under President Biden,” she continued. “If you look back under 2018, it was a $500 million industry, human trafficking by the drug cartels. It is now a $13 billion dollar industry. Shannon, the drug cartels are winning under this. This is a story of what is happening now.”

I am reminded of this old joke:

Radio Yerevan was asked: “Is it true that Rabinovich won a new car in the state lottery?”

Radio Yerevan answered: “Yes, it is true. Only it was not a new car but an old bicycle. And he didn't win it, but it was stolen from him.”
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 12:13:48 PM »

So now MAGA has to pivot to being…for the Tik Tok ban?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies