MTG/Mastriano vs Cooper/Beshear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:59:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  MTG/Mastriano vs Cooper/Beshear
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MTG/Mastriano vs Cooper/Beshear  (Read 1016 times)
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 07, 2024, 12:23:07 AM »
« edited: March 07, 2024, 12:26:16 AM by Arizona Iced Tea »

Assume we are at the end of a 2nd Trump term but the country is in deep recession, and Trump has sub 35 approval.

The GOP ticket is focusing on:
-Complete and total aboriton ban with no exceptions
-Complete and total ban of gay marriage
-Jailing trans people for being "groomers"
-Ending social security/medicare
-Making vaccines illegal
-Actively joining Russia in the war to fight Ukraine

If Dems can't win a state in this matchup then I don't think they could ever win that state. What do we all think the map looks like?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2024, 12:43:57 AM »

Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 02:09:12 PM »

You think Rs would still win Kansas and Montana?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 02:10:49 PM »

Very narrowly.
GAinDC

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2024, 08:33:55 AM »

I think that in this scenario, SC would also flip, resulting in the first east coast sweep for a candidate since 1984, and the first ever for a Democratic candidate.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 06:46:25 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2024, 08:14:26 PM by Schiff for Senate »

I'll be honest, these maps are underestimating. If the Republicans were THIS damn overt, they would not do nearly this well. Keep in mind that even a significant number of REPUBLICANS have turned against the party in this case, and the party is deeply unpopular, given that Trump (who through fair weather and foul has always had his supporters loyally approving of him) has such abysmal approvals. A further point is that while the Culture War issues (i.e. gay marriage ban and abortion) will be less problematic in Appalachia, the stark opposition to entitlement programs will have a more acute effect (that, after all, is the reason Bevin lost in 2019, and that's the reason even the most extreme Republicans come short of outright condemning Medicare/SS). Oh, and don't forget Cooper and Beshear are no AOC's or Harrises - they are the PERFECT Democratic candidates for red states in the Deep South / Appalachia.

Here's my guess, given all these factors:

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 10:27:16 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2024, 08:19:57 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

Flip UT, NE-1 & ME-2 & maybe IA and I this would be accurate.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 02:37:29 PM »

I'll be honest, these maps are underestimating. If the Republicans were THIS damn overt, they would not do nearly this well. Keep in mind that even a significant number of REPUBLICANS have turned against the party in this case, and the party is deeply unpopular, given that Trump (who through fair weather and foul has always had his supporters loyally approving of him) has such abysmal approvals. A further point is that while the Culture War issues (i.e. gay marriage ban and abortion) will be less problematic in Appalachia, the stark opposition to entitlement programs will have a more acute effect (that, after all, is the reason Bevin lost in 2019, and that's the reason even the most extreme Republicans come short of outright condemning Medicare/SS). Oh, and don't forget Cooper and Beshear are no AOC's or Harrises - they are the PERFECT Democratic candidates for red states in the Deep South / Appalachia.

Yeah at first I would have agreed with Tekken_Guy's map because polarization is so strong these days, but a Republican running on a platform to ban ALL abortions and end social security & medicare is equivalent to the Democrats running on a platform of actually abolishing the police & prisons, so a map like this could happen.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 04:23:41 PM »

You think Rs win Alaska?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 08:13:53 PM »

You think Rs win Alaska?

No, definitely not (AK would be double-digit Democratic for sure)...mb for overlooking.
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2024, 11:48:20 AM »
« Edited: March 20, 2024, 07:52:06 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

The following are approximates:

Closest states:
Nebraska 1st Congressional District: 0.08%
Montana: .37%

Closer states:
Utah: 1.32%
Kansas: 1.45%
Alaska: 1.46%
Indiana: 1.56%
Texas: 1.62%
Missouri: 2.01%
Georgia: 2.93%
Florida: 3.74%
Nebraska (At-lg). 4.05%

Close States:
Ohio: 7.17%
South Carolina: 7.28%
North Carolina: 7.94%
South Dakota: 9.24%
Iowa: 9.40%

Popular Vote:
Cooper +13.74%
Tipping Point State: Michigan: Cooper+13.42%

GAinDC

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2024, 03:48:48 PM »

The following are approximates:

Closest states:
Nebraska 1st Congressional District: 0.08%
Montana: .37%

Closer states:
Utah: 1.32%
Kansas: 1.45%
Alaska: 1.46%
Indiana: 1.56%
Texas: 1.62%
Missouri: 2.01%
Georgia: 2.93%
Florida: 3.74%
Nebraska (At-lg). 4.05%

Close States:
Ohio: 7.17%
South Carolina: 7.28%
North Carolina: 7.94%
South Dakota: 9.24%
Iowa: 9.40%

Popular Vote:
Cooper +13.74%
Tipping Point State: Michigan: Cooper+13.42%

GA would be a bigger Dem win. Atlanta would show up in droves to make sure MTG doesn’t embarrass the state further
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies