Poor primary election in California for Democrats, at least so far.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:45:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Poor primary election in California for Democrats, at least so far.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Poor primary election in California for Democrats, at least so far.  (Read 1925 times)
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2024, 12:08:15 AM »

Again primary results equal almost nothing in a primary only one party is contesting! Ask Chris Norby. Ask Mary Bono Mack. I suspect this thread will vanish if these predictions fall flat.

This thread will not be deleted by me so after the Nov elections feel free to bump it if you feel like it.

BTW I find it humorous that I am being accused of being to negative for the Democrats chances when I have a couple of seats where the primary party vote is essentially tied as likely Dem and a seat where the primary vote is R+9 as only lean Republican. I honestly hope Democrats win every competitive seat but I just don't see it right now.

Dan the Roman
liberalrepublican
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2024, 06:55:48 AM »

I don't disagree the GOP presidential primary was more competitive than the Democratic. I just don't think it was particularly competitive.  Now that marginal difference absolutely can drive turnout in states where the regular primaries are separate from the presidential ones.

But in California the Senate race was by far the most important election on that day, followed by LA DA, Congress, and legislature(in a few seats). Democrats outspent Republicans 30-1 in the Senate race and I absolutely believe Porter/Waters/Schiff were doing far more to turnout voters than Biden, Trump or Haley.

So I buy maybe a slight R lean, but I think the claims this is akin to 2012 are not really supported either by the numbers or context.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2024, 03:38:41 PM »

Precinct-level analysis of SoCal Super Tuesday results:

Dems overperformed in majority Vietnamese precincts in CA-45 relative to partisan turnout
SilverStar
Rookie
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2024, 04:41:07 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2024, 04:45:46 PM by SilverStar »

Duarte is done and Steel is underdog.
Anyone who suggest otherwise is delusional.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2024, 05:17:01 PM »

Again primary results equal almost nothing in a primary only one party is contesting! Ask Chris Norby. Ask Mary Bono Mack. I suspect this thread will vanish if these predictions fall flat.

This thread will not be deleted by me so after the Nov elections feel free to bump it if you feel like it.

BTW I find it humorous that I am being accused of being to negative for the Democrats chances when I have a couple of seats where the primary party vote is essentially tied as likely Dem and a seat where the primary vote is R+9 as only lean Republican. I honestly hope Democrats win every competitive seat but I just don't see it right now.

This is just how it works in CA, so you'd certainly be being a hack if you found otherwise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies