SB 120-01: ABCMA Amendment Reintroduction Act (Debating)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:54:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SB 120-01: ABCMA Amendment Reintroduction Act (Debating)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SB 120-01: ABCMA Amendment Reintroduction Act (Debating)  (Read 457 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 06, 2024, 01:42:45 AM »
« edited: March 27, 2024, 09:35:47 AM by PPT Spiral »

ABCMA Amendment Reintroduction Act
1. SB 113-21, also known as "ABCMA Amendment Act," is hereby restored in its entirety and the treaty is restored to this state

The following amendments will be added to SB 113-21 when re-activated.

2. Any existing player registered in Wales, Gibralter, Northern Ireland, Scotland or England will be auto-moved to the largest populated state in its subregion.

3. This act shall be in no way interpreted to deny someone's voting rights in the republic of Atlasia

Prefiling

Should not cause issues again, since no-one is registered in England, Wales, Northern Ireland & Scotland at the moment and the one user in Gibraltar wants to deregister and will probably do this today or tomorrow. I think with a declining base, it makes no sense to further split the voter base in more states. It's not realistic.

Other than that, the treaty with the UK remains in place. It just removes the registration burden and there'll be no issues since no-one will be registered in any of those states.

Sponsor: Reagente

Debate has commenced and the Senator is recognized.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 01:45:54 AM »

we undid this for a reason, I don't see any reason to backtrack on it.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 02:16:10 AM »

It's stupid, and nobody is registered in gibraltar, scotland, northern ireland or wales at the moment. Besides we have a hard time filling the already available states, since nobody even cares about it. And to create maps it's also annoying to include those (which is never done, even when you create your maps).

Even if someone happens to be registered in it (which currently they aren't), i have added a solution as well. The only reason it was reintroduced last time was because of Lumine who has deregistered again.

YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 02:32:56 AM »

This is a waste of energy honestly. I sorta get not being for it originally though a part of me thinks we should add Canada back to the game like it was pre re-set and as Adam Griffin campaigned on twice post re-set.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 02:22:37 PM »

This is a waste of energy honestly. I sorta get not being for it originally though a part of me thinks we should add Canada back to the game like it was pre re-set and as Adam Griffin campaigned on twice post re-set.

Canada makes a lot more sense than the UK

Though i don't think it's a waste of time (it barely wastes anyone's time), unless serving in the senate of Atlasia is considered a waste of time, in which my response would be: "why did you take the job?". Other than that, again no-one is in registered in the UK atm, so this doesn't change anything that other than making the game a bit more realistic.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2024, 02:11:45 AM »

I am trying to speak from a purely game-mechanics perspective here. "Filling the already available states" isn't a problem that needs to be legislated away.

(1) It's in-game, not some pressing policy issue, and (2) with the greatest respect for you and Scott I don't think anyone else has given much thought to this supposed source of anguish. Save Our States had the right idea because it was a private org that campaigned for it, generated activity, got elected representatives to listen, and as a matter of game structure I consider all that much better than a law that changes someone's registration without telling them.

Also, surely if you wanted to fix that particular problem you'd auto-move them to the least populated state in a subregion, not the most?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 01:32:10 PM »

Also, surely if you wanted to fix that particular problem you'd auto-move them to the least populated state in a subregion, not the most?

I've thought about that as well, but the issue is that this might lead to confusion because it's much more likely that there would be a tie or that it would be less clear what the least populated state in a subregion is. I also had in mind for it to be the state that is the largest population-wise IRL to avoid ties. That is the simple reason. Obviously i'm a big advocate for populating all states, it's part of the reason i'm even introducing this since we have a major issue even populating all of them. The main thing we should avoid is potentially deregistering people by doing this (though again, at this moment nobody is registered in Britain, so passing this wouldn't even lead to a change). Allowing registration in the UK makes sense if you have an active game with 300+ people but that's not the case at this moment. Decrease in scope and complexity makes sense in this regard.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 11:29:42 PM »

Obviously i'm a big advocate for populating all states, it's part of the reason i'm even introducing this since we have a major issue even populating all of them.

Okay, so assign them to one of the states with zero population by flipping a coin or whatever. There's ways around that if the goal really is to populate all states. You'd have to do something like that anyway if there's a tie for the largest state, the point is that shouldn't be an obstacle for what you want to do.

But again, I am reiterating I don't think this is an issue that needs to be legislated away, especially not a manner that lacks transparency like this one.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 02:04:31 AM »

Obviously i'm a big advocate for populating all states, it's part of the reason i'm even introducing this since we have a major issue even populating all of them.

Okay, so assign them to one of the states with zero population by flipping a coin or whatever. There's ways around that if the goal really is to populate all states. You'd have to do something like that anyway if there's a tie for the largest state, the point is that shouldn't be an obstacle for what you want to do.

But again, I am reiterating I don't think this is an issue that needs to be legislated away, especially not a manner that lacks transparency like this one.

At the moment it wouldn't create an issue since nobody is registered in any of those states. Obviously, those (hypothetical) people would be informed that their state registration was changed.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2024, 04:03:43 PM »

With the resignation of Laki from the Senate, sponsorship of this bill is currently vacant. Are there any members among us who would like to take up the role of sponsor?
reagente
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.10, S: 4.96

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2024, 07:36:47 PM »

I will assume sponsorship.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 08:06:09 PM »

Reagente is recognized as the new sponsor, and debate resumes.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 02:57:02 PM »

motion for a final vote
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2024, 05:16:23 PM »

With the disputed legal circumstances of Dwarven Dragon's status as Senator, plus his subsequent resignation and statements, it is my capacity as PPT to declare yesterday's motion as not in legitimate standing. I will, however, formally motion for a final vote at this time to clear up any ambiguity. 24 hours for objections.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies