Swing state Black voters (BlackPAC/brilliant corners): Trump at 8%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Swing state Black voters (BlackPAC/brilliant corners): Trump at 8%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Swing state Black voters (BlackPAC/brilliant corners): Trump at 8%  (Read 1071 times)
GAinDC

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2024, 04:25:02 PM »

Can you imagine if Red avatars on here were constantly predicting that white evangelicals were about to swing massively to the Democrats? People would rightfully laugh them off the forum.

That's how the "Trump will realign Black voters to the Republicans" theory sounds to me
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2024, 07:55:23 PM »
« Edited: March 07, 2024, 07:59:34 PM by Horus »

wow, I'm shocked you think that! *sarcasm*

This is about how well Warnock did against Herschel Walker with Black voters in 2022. I don't know if Biden will do that well, but he could come close

Warnock was literally the perfect candidate for Georgia and Walker was a terrible, terrible opponent with countless scandals. Warnock put up almost Obama numbers in Black neighborhoods. But Georgia's Black population, especially in East Atlanta and the Atlanta suburbs is much more similar to Maryland's (higher income, more educated), and less similar to more heavily working class Black communities like those in the Philly or Detroit area. Those working class, more hardscrabble Black voters are who Trump is more likely to pull from, not educated suburbanites in Henry or Douglas county. Hell, even in 2020, when Trump did better than before in most Black precincts, there were some mostly Black upper middle income areas, like far East DeKalb and the PG periphery, where he declined even from 2016.

Can you imagine if Red avatars on here were constantly predicting that white evangelicals were about to swing massively to the Democrats? People would rightfully laugh them off the forum.

That's how the "Trump will realign Black voters to the Republicans" theory sounds to me

I certainly do not think there will be a massive realignment, but in a close election it would not take much to shift the balance. And white Evangelicals all share a specific form of Christianity. Black Americans are just as ideologically diverse as the white population, especially the younger generations. I think we will continue to see racial depolarization, and I think Trump could hit 15% with the Black vote. I don't think it would be out of the question to see him hit 25% with Black men under age 50. The question is, will Biden see gains with white voters, especially more educated and older white voters? Some signs point to yes.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2024, 07:57:57 PM »

The polls are showing a 303 map Trump is gonna get stuck with 13 percent, if Biden loses the country is 66 white not blk

It would be like 2000)16 whites voting third party RFK
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2024, 08:01:34 PM »

Imagine thinking Trump and Warnock are comparable even remotely. Poor Black neighborhoods are NOT the same as these working class White towns in the Midwest where White grievance politics was the real factors for Trump performing well, not economics. Any slight boost Trump saw in those precincts was due to the stimulus checks, but that's not a factor this year. Just because you want Trump to his 15% of the Black vote doesn't mean it will happen.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2024, 08:04:39 PM »

Imagine thinking Trump and Warnock are comparable even remotely. Poor Black neighborhoods are NOT the same as these working class White towns in the Midwest where White grievance politics was the real factors for Trump performing well, not economics. Any slight boost Trump saw in those precincts was due to the stimulus checks, but that's not a factor this year. Just because you want Trump to his 15% of the Black vote doesn't mean it will happen.

I want Trump to get 0% of the entire vote. The only upside to him improving with non white voters is that racial depolarization would be good for the health of the country
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2024, 11:16:42 PM »

Eight percent nationally would seem too low, but don't Republicans generally do worse with black voters in a lot of these swing states? I remember exit polls from 2022 indicating that Whitmer and most Rust Belt Democrats in general got well over 90% of the black vote.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2024, 12:53:06 PM »

Bonier says he seems the same thing in his data:

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies