Swing state Black voters (BlackPAC/brilliant corners): Trump at 8%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:09:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Swing state Black voters (BlackPAC/brilliant corners): Trump at 8%
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Swing state Black voters (BlackPAC/brilliant corners): Trump at 8%  (Read 1072 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 05, 2024, 06:44:21 PM »

Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2024, 06:55:08 PM »

What type of firm is this?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 06:56:15 PM »

It's Cornell Belcher's polling firm, he's a Democratic pollster, so take with a tiny grain of salt, but still, decently helpful given it's still an n=800 sample of black voters.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 06:57:48 PM »

Yes it did, and it Trump is gonna get exactly 13, MI uncommitted was down to 13 percent, blks turnout for Biden
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2024, 07:02:43 PM »

Respondents consider the biggest threat to African-Americans as Trump being re-elected. That says all you need to know.
GAinDC

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 07:08:02 PM »

At first I thought the headline meant that he was leading by 8% 😂
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2024, 07:08:24 PM »

Color me skeptical.
GAinDC

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 07:10:06 PM »

Why? This tracks with almost every election cycle throughout many, many years.

How is Trump suddenly doubling or even tripling his Black support this year?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 08:18:17 PM »

Trump will get 13 not 8 percent blk or not 26
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2024, 08:34:30 PM »

Entirely believable.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2024, 09:55:39 PM »

Black voters voting how they have been since the civil rights era? How is that confusing to you?
Hollywood
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2024, 06:19:32 AM »

I'm skeptical that black people would be more concerned with Trump getting re-elected than the rise of white supremacy.  I've just never heard black people say the former was more concerning than the latter. 

The pollster is also providing lower numbers than the exit polls and seems to ignore turnout as the primary reason Trump underperformed.  Black turnout in GA went from 20% to 30%, and this explains why Trump lost despite doing better with AAs from his 2016 numbers. 

Redban

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2024, 06:28:32 AM »

https://www.brilliant-corners.com/

brilliant corners conducted ground breaking work on behalf of the Democratic National Committee, which culminated in its widely successful 50 state strategy.  As lead pollster for the DNC, brilliant corners was instrumental in expanding the electorate and provided the foundation for the historic gains of the 2008 presidential election. In addition to its critical role as a member of the Obama for America polling team, brilliant corners continues to assist high profile corporate clients with their branding and reposition needs.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2024, 06:33:36 AM »

brilliant corners conducted ground breaking work on behalf of the Democratic National Committee, which culminated in its widely successful 50 state strategy.  As lead pollster for the DNC, brilliant corners was instrumental in expanding the electorate and provided the foundation for the historic gains of the 2008 presidential election. In addition to its critical role as a member of the Obama for America polling team, brilliant corners continues to assist high profile corporate clients with their branding and reposition needs.

Blks like me don't like Trump there are no Blue avatars on this forum that are blk they are only D Blk avatars proof is in the pudding Trump is only getting 8/13 percent blk not 25
GAinDC

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2024, 08:23:57 AM »

I'm skeptical that black people would be more concerned with Trump getting re-elected than the rise of white supremacy.  I've just never heard black people say the former was more concerning than the latter. 

The pollster is also providing lower numbers than the exit polls and seems to ignore turnout as the primary reason Trump underperformed.  Black turnout in GA went from 20% to 30%, and this explains why Trump lost despite doing better with AAs from his 2016 numbers. 

You don’t get it? Black voters see those two things as connected, and for good reason.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2024, 09:39:08 AM »

Then why is Debbie Powell in FL of all states doing 13 pts better than Deminga did in the Congressional Ds are out polling Rs  in most of the swing states if Trump is getting a large African American vote
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2024, 09:46:54 AM »

Cry cry cry cope cope cope. Trump is not winning the Black vote and he never was. Get over it.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2024, 09:48:14 AM »

Black voters voting how they have been since the civil rights era? How is that confusing to you?

Contradicts said poster's wishes.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2024, 11:30:14 AM »

Contradicts said poster's wishes.

Mohamed calling me out for wishcasting? Well well well…
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2024, 11:37:51 AM »

The reason why Bush W did so well with blk men he had Colin Powell, and he won more blk men than McCain and Romney as well as reached out to Latinos.

Trump is gonna do lousy with blk voters
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2024, 12:02:55 PM »

Seems a bit low.
Hollywood
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2024, 12:05:04 PM »

Then why is Debbie Powell in FL of all states doing 13 pts better than Deminga did in the Congressional Ds are out polling Rs  in most of the swing states if Trump is getting a large African American vote

I don't think it's impossible for Trump to get 16% or more of the black vote in some of these swing states.  This pollster would have us believe that Trump is only getting 6-8% of black voters.  And Florida is a bad example for you to use, because I nailed Florida.    

In the last Florida Gubernatorial Race, DeSantis received 13%, and he won the way I told you he was going to win.  Black people weren't interested in voting him out of office, so they didn't show up to the polls. Democrats didn't even show up on election day.  There were black people I knew supported DeSantis, but didn't bother to come out.  I've lived and worked in the black stronghold of Broward County.  I talk to them, so I could tell DeSantis was going to annihilate Christ. And Trump has a much greater number of black voters openly supporting him in Broward.  
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2024, 04:00:58 AM »

The last votes to be counted in Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin were from largely-black, inner-city precincts. That is how what looked like early Trump leads in those states evaporated. But black loyalty to the Democratic Party remains in the lack middle class because most successful blacks care about poor blacks (Mexican-Americans are that way, too). Middle-class whites generally are well separated from poor white people. White people living near Chicago's Gold Coast don't often interact with white poor people enduring economic distress as severe as in America's urban ghettos and barrios. If anything, white middle-class people are more likey to interact with middle-class blacks, Hispanics, or Asians than with white denizens of, to put it bluntly, "Meth Valley".

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2024, 03:50:42 PM »

Is there a gender breakdown? If accurate, it would suggest that Biden is once again at North Korea margins with black women. And you love to see it.
GAinDC

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2024, 04:22:34 PM »

wow, I'm shocked you think that! *sarcasm*

This is about how well Warnock did against Herschel Walker with Black voters in 2022. I don't know if Biden will do that well, but he could come close
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies