NYT/Siena: Biden +69, Trump +55
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:13:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election
  2024 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  NYT/Siena: Biden +69, Trump +55
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYT/Siena: Biden +69, Trump +55  (Read 544 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 02, 2024, 09:51:57 AM »

Caution: these are pretty small samples. GOP is n=292 and Dem is n=224

Trump 76%
Haley 21%
Don’t know 2%

Biden 79%
Phillips 10%
Don’t know 10%

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2024/03/02/us/elections/times-siena-poll-likely-electorate-crosstabs.html
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 09:52:54 AM »

Caveat being the very small sample here, but this seems to be a reoccurring theme here. Phillips is way higher than any result thus far, and the Don't Know's continue to be double digits here and in other polls, but from most of the contests so far, these people end up just going to Biden.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 02:21:49 PM »

Phillips can't even beat Williamson who apparently wasn't polled. Biden number looks a little lower than it should be but not by much.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 02:28:40 PM »

Caveat being the very small sample here, but this seems to be a reoccurring theme here. Phillips is way higher than any result thus far, and the Don't Know's continue to be double digits here and in other polls, but from most of the contests so far, these people end up just going to Biden.

It was a special case but in fairness Phillips was way higher than this in New Hampshire.

Also what's the evidence that the "don't knows" are going for Biden? Just had a race in Michigan where "Uncommitted" was even higher that that.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 02:31:23 PM »

Huh, New York Times generally seems to be one of Biden's worst pollsters lately. 10% seems way off for this clown named Phillipps and is about five times the support he got in all primaries other than New Hampshire.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2024, 11:11:02 AM »

It was a special case but in fairness Phillips was way higher than this in New Hampshire.

Also what's the evidence that the "don't knows" are going for Biden? Just had a race in Michigan where "Uncommitted" was even higher that that.

I'm going off of NV/SC since they're kind of generic races, since NH and MI had special circumstances. Even in Michigan, the 'uncommitted' vote was highly touted and promoted and still only get 13%, yet Don't Know consistently gets 10% in the polls. I think the overall meh-Biden vote has just been kind of overstated in the Dem primary polling in general. Again, just look at Phillips and Williamson also constantly being overestimated.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2024, 12:01:58 PM »

I'm going off of NV/SC since they're kind of generic races, since NH and MI had special circumstances. Even in Michigan, the 'uncommitted' vote was highly touted and promoted and still only get 13%, yet Don't Know consistently gets 10% in the polls. I think the overall meh-Biden vote has just been kind of overstated in the Dem primary polling in general. Again, just look at Phillips and Williamson also constantly being overestimated.

NV, I guess. SC wasn't generic, Biden literally moved them to the front of the primary calendar as a thank you for voting so big for him last time. lol.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2024, 12:16:22 PM »

NV, I guess. SC wasn't generic, Biden literally moved them to the front of the primary calendar as a thank you for voting so big for him last time. lol.

I mean generic in that it was just a typical primary with the 3 of them on the ballot. Same as NV. NH and MI had special circumstances with the write-in/promoted uncommitted vote etc

Like in the Super Tuesday states on Tuesday, I'd be shocked if Phillips gets more than 5% in any of them, let alone 10-12%. That's where I think these polls are missing the mark. They're registering more discontent with Biden than there really is, and I think that's just an example of the people they're getting to answer their calls. Normie Dem voters don't have as much of an issue with him imo
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2024, 04:27:32 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies