Rank Maricopa County
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Rank Maricopa County
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rank Maricopa County  (Read 290 times)
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 29, 2024, 04:19:27 PM »

How would you rank this urban county?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 04:31:49 PM »

Tilt D.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 04:48:10 PM »

Lean D.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 05:04:46 PM »

Lean D
Cyrusman
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 07:30:12 PM »

Tossup due to RFK

A bunch of middle of the road people who can't bring themselves to vote for either candidate who are dying to vote for some alternate. AZ is also a very independent type state and Johnson got a solid share here in 2016. Stein will take some votes to.

IF RFK isn't on the ballot, then tilt D.

IF this was Hailey instead of Trump, Tilt to Lean R
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2024, 07:31:04 PM »

Tossup due to RFK

A bunch of middle of the road people who can't bring themselves to vote for either candidate who are dying to vote for some alternate. AZ is also a very independent type state and Johnson got a solid share here in 2016. Stein will take some votes to.

IF RFK isn't on the ballot, then tilt D.

IF this was Hailey instead of Trump, Tilt to Lean R

Educated voters like in Maricopa are probably less likely to go third party.
kwabbit

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2024, 09:44:14 PM »

You realize this means Arizona is a pure tossup? Maricopa votes only a smidge to the left of the state.
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2024, 09:45:44 PM »

You realize this means Arizona is a pure tossup? Maricopa votes only a smidge to the left of the state.

I do believe Arizona is a tossup. I expect it to trend leftward given the 2022 results, and will probably be Biden's best state out of the Big Six. It is a necessary but not sufficient state for him.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 10:00:17 PM »

I think Lean D is fair. Trump could win it if everything is going well for him, but the county is a uniquely terrible fit for him. For the county races, I expect Rs to still sweep all of them since Maricopa is still quite red downballot. The sheriff race will technically go D, but he is basically a Republican who changed party registration to be a Dem since Penzone had to be replaced by a person of the same party.

This was true a few years ago, but due to coalition shift Trump can probably afford a 2pt loss, and 2.5 is probably the cutoff now.
kwabbit

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2024, 10:20:51 PM »

I think Lean D is fair. Trump could win it if everything is going well for him, but the county is a uniquely terrible fit for him. For the county races, I expect Rs to still sweep all of them since Maricopa is still quite red downballot. The sheriff race will technically go D, but he is basically a Republican who changed party registration to be a Dem since Penzone had to be replaced by a person of the same party.

This was true a few years ago, but due to coalition shift Trump can probably afford a 2pt loss, and 2.5 is probably the cutoff now.

Which is Tilt D, which is optimistic for SnowLabrador.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2024, 10:46:17 PM »

Maricopa is quite interesting because while in many ways it does have downballot lag at a very local level, it's one the few left shifting suburban sunbelt counties nationally where we have quite a few example of non-Pres Ds outrunning the top of the ticket. Sinema 2018, Kelly in 2020 and 2022, not to mention Hobbs and Fontes. Even in the state leg there were a few Ds who outran Biden in semi-competative Pheonix suburban seats.

I think Trump has a narrow path to win AZ without Maricopa; the County prolly votes tot he left of the state imo, but as soon as it becomes like Biden + 7 Trump's path to victory becomes nonexistent.

Spectator
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2024, 11:06:37 PM »

Maricopa is quite interesting because while in many ways it does have downballot lag at a very local level, it's one the few left shifting suburban sunbelt counties nationally where we have quite a few example of non-Pres Ds outrunning the top of the ticket. Sinema 2018, Kelly in 2020 and 2022, not to mention Hobbs and Fontes. Even in the state leg there were a few Ds who outran Biden in semi-competative Pheonix suburban seats.

I think Trump has a narrow path to win AZ without Maricopa; the County prolly votes tot he left of the state imo, but as soon as it becomes like Biden + 7 Trump's path to victory becomes nonexistent.

Trump can’t afford more than a 3% loss in Maricopa max. The rest of Arizona isnt that red. Pima is 60% blue, plus the natives.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2024, 11:12:11 PM »

Trump can’t afford more than a 3% loss in Maricopa max. The rest of Arizona isnt that red. Pima is 60% blue, plus the natives.

Agree after 3-4% loss it becomes very difficult, but 7% is like when it becomes close to mathematically impossible without some MASSIVE shakeup where Pima is swinging like 15 points right or smtg. A 7% win means Biden is netting well over 100k votes out of Maricopa and there's just nowhere for Trump to make that up.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2024, 04:52:32 AM »

Lean D.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies