Biden addresses age concerns on Seth Meyers
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:23:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Biden addresses age concerns on Seth Meyers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden addresses age concerns on Seth Meyers  (Read 717 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2024, 06:42:59 PM »

Solid answer!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 06:58:36 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2024, 07:01:40 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

The campaign really needs to put him out there more, and they should have been letting him do that for his entire term.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 06:58:52 PM »

This was very well done. I hope this is the campaign's strategy moving forward.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 08:07:53 PM »

This was very well done. I hope this is the campaign's strategy moving forward.
Same.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 10:23:17 PM »

Watching Biden even in such a tightly controlled media appearance now is just so sad and painful.  There’s just no spark or energy there anymore, just squinting out into nowhere.  Seth was trying to feed him softball answers and he couldn’t even coherently run with those…just canned jokes and platitudes and trailing off. 

Like Seth asks him about his agenda for post-2024, and Biden first confuses 2024 with 2020, and then talks generally about Republicans blocking stuff.  He mentions vaguely that election is about the future, but doesn’t say a single thing he wants to do in the future.  How do he not immediately jump on codifying Roe at a minimum?

His answer of Israel does show his administration is still actively involved in policy and negotiations, and Biden is still on top of things in his own mind, but he’s just not able to communicate it with any sort of clarity, moral or otherwise.

Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 06:50:48 AM »

I am very hesitant about Biden’s pitch beginning with “you have to look at the other guy.”
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 06:53:58 AM »

Trump is LBJ?
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 07:10:41 AM »

Watching Biden even in such a tightly controlled media appearance now is just so sad and painful.  There’s just no spark or energy there anymore, just squinting out into nowhere.  Seth was trying to feed him softball answers and he couldn’t even coherently run with those…just canned jokes and platitudes and trailing off. 

Like Seth asks him about his agenda for post-2024, and Biden first confuses 2024 with 2020, and then talks generally about Republicans blocking stuff.  He mentions vaguely that election is about the future, but doesn’t say a single thing he wants to do in the future.  How do he not immediately jump on codifying Roe at a minimum?

His answer of Israel does show his administration is still actively involved in policy and negotiations, and Biden is still on top of things in his own mind, but he’s just not able to communicate it with any sort of clarity, moral or otherwise.

Biden is similar to Trump in July 2020. No plan for a second term because he knows he will lose.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2024, 08:30:14 AM »

President Biden did an amazing job last night!
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2024, 08:31:26 AM »

Biden is similar to Trump in July 2020. No plan for a second term because he knows he will lose.
Unlike Trump, President Biden's first term has been remarkable successful. I would like to see more of that
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2024, 08:40:40 AM »

I'm sorry, I love Joe Biden - best president of my lifetime - but if you're impressed by THAT, then the bar is stupidly low. Uncle Joe looked and sounded old and tired AND had trouble staying coherent, even in that friendly setting.
GAinDC

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2024, 08:53:22 AM »

I'm sorry, I love Joe Biden - best president of my lifetime - but if you're impressed by THAT, then the bar is stupidly low. Uncle Joe looked and sounded old and tired AND had trouble staying coherent, even in that friendly setting.

Biden actually seems to liven up in more combative settings. Some of his best quips have been toward unfriendly journalists. 
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 09:18:39 AM »

Joe is old, who cares? He talks slower now. He sounds old. But  his mind is still very sharp. He is in charge.

If the country wanted some vibrant young man, who would have elected Pete Buttigieg in 2020. But they didn't, he barely had any support at all. How about Dean Phillips?

The average age of the American voter is 55!

I'm 24 years old. I would rather have an experienced 80 year old president than some 40 something that has no idea how to deal with Mitch McConnel and Xi Jinping
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 09:35:58 AM »

I think that interview is as good as Biden is capable of doing. He clearly knows what's going on, but his age and speaking disability prevent him from communicating it as well as, say, Obama.

He should go on The Daily Show next. Jon Stewart will grill him a little harder, but still fairly.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2024, 09:37:52 AM »

Yup, that's the right approach. He's not going to convince voters that he's actually younger or by giving too serious answers. Take Reagan's playbook from 1984 and do more such interviews. That's the kind of stuff people used to like Biden for. His team should get him out more.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2024, 09:40:55 AM »

Yup, that's the right approach. He's not going to convince voters that he's actually younger or by giving too serious answers. Take Reagan's playbook from 1984 and do more such interviews. That's the kind of stuff people used to like Biden for. His team should get him out more.
Exactly.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2024, 10:07:30 AM »

The Reagan playbook only works if you can communicate your thoughts in clear, complete sentences.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2024, 10:17:03 AM »

The Reagan playbook only works if you can communicate your thoughts in clear, complete sentences.
Which President Biden can clearly do
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2024, 01:14:38 PM »

Unlike Trump, President Biden's first term has been remarkable successful. I would like to see more of that
Bad economy, high inflation, massive migrant surge, and foreign conflicts. Idk why anyone thinks it is successful.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2024, 02:23:50 PM »

We need more of this. I think it's the opposite of someone like DeSantis, where people dislike him the more they see of him. Not doing more interviews and appearances has helped to create this narrative Biden is ineffective and not capable of the job.
Barack Oganja

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2024, 03:03:55 PM »

This thread is sad, it's like a family trying to ignore that grandpa is on his last legs, except that grandpa is the president of the united states. People are clapping because he spoke in complete sentences for a minute before trailing off at the end. Don't tell me how worse Trump is, I'm convinced, but I'm unsure how many other Americans are. If we lose this election, I'll never understand why we went with a dude that looks and sounds this bad, with the fate of American democracy supposedly on the line.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2024, 03:30:40 PM »

This thread is sad, it's like a family trying to ignore that grandpa is on his last legs, except that grandpa is the president of the united states. People are clapping because he spoke in complete sentences for a minute before trailing off at the end. Don't tell me how worse Trump is, I'm convinced, but I'm unsure how many other Americans are. If we lose this election, I'll never understand why we went with a dude that looks and sounds this bad, with the fate of American democracy supposedly on the line.

He has gotten an awful lot of stuff done for a grandpa on his last legs.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2024, 03:33:43 PM »

I mean, this is literally false - it's weird to me that we have a video clip that completely refutes this yet people want to keep running with this narrative. It's like you're not even watching the clip.

All you even have to do is watch the first 10-15 seconds and that already is nothing like what you've described here.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2024, 04:11:07 PM »

Biden doesn't have cognition decline, there are tests you have to take to be a govt employee, I am sure he passed and he has been US Senator unlike Reagan whom was Gov for 20 yrs. In addition Reagan had Altiemers disease possibly from being shot, unlike Biden has no such disease. If you can be Prez you aren't in cognition decline, unless you are Trump

Trump never been in politics and only ran for Prez, thats cognition decline, his cognitive decline involves gaffees
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2024, 04:39:21 PM »

I mean, this is literally false - it's weird to me that we have a video clip that completely refutes this yet people want to keep running with this narrative. It's like you're not even watching the clip.

All you even have to do is watch the first 10-15 seconds and that already is nothing like what you've described here.

I wasn't talking about the clip, I was talking about the whole interview (which is like 12 minutes and also easily available on Youtube).

But even in this one-minute clip, he can't complete his train of thought...he starts something that seems like it will be coherent, but then quickly gets mixed up and just trails off in the end.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies