State of the race if Trump won in 2020?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:45:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  State of the race if Trump won in 2020?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: State of the race if Trump won in 2020?  (Read 489 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2024, 02:39:33 PM »

Riverwalk doesn't know everything he puts his trust in these polls and they aren't voting
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2024, 07:02:48 PM »

Safe D.

Nobody can transcend the eight year fatigue curse. And eight years of Trump would probably feel like 64. Hell, he is out of power and almost singlehandedly aging many of us.
TechbroMBA
Rookie
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2024, 08:28:04 PM »

All hail President Newsom
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2024, 10:24:14 AM »

I do kind of agree that it would basically be looking like a Dem victory in 2024, likely after them picking up seats in a 2022 midterm where abortion has been overturned and Trump is sitting with very high unfavorables due to his scandals and inflation.

The GOP nominee would probably either be DeSantis (if he wants it) or Pence (who I think is likely to be the nominee in this scenario, since I think we'll be looking at a clear Democratic-favored election and other options might just bow out).

I also agree Warren would be a likely choice, and would probably beat out Whitmer and Newsom for the nomination. She was a figure who had appeal in both the more establishment wing and the progressive wing in 2020, and I think after the loss of Clinton and Biden, the progressives will not be open to another moderate at the top of the ticket. She'd be the acceptable compromise.

I think this scenario results in a Warren victory over Pence. I have to wonder if this might've been a better timeline for Democrats than the Biden victory in 2020 we had in real life. I think Democrats would probably be positioned far better than they are now.

I dunno, this argument is being brought up each election whether it wouldn't have been better for the party in power to lose the previous election. Usually it's better for your party to win elections rather than lose.

Sure, Dems might be headed for a substantial victory in 2024 including working majorities in congress, but a backlash may just have been postphoned to 2026.
Rat
Snickleton
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2024, 12:19:20 PM »

I do kind of agree that it would basically be looking like a Dem victory in 2024, likely after them picking up seats in a 2022 midterm where abortion has been overturned and Trump is sitting with very high unfavorables due to his scandals and inflation.

The GOP nominee would probably either be DeSantis (if he wants it) or Pence (who I think is likely to be the nominee in this scenario, since I think we'll be looking at a clear Democratic-favored election and other options might just bow out).

I also agree Warren would be a likely choice, and would probably beat out Whitmer and Newsom for the nomination. She was a figure who had appeal in both the more establishment wing and the progressive wing in 2020, and I think after the loss of Clinton and Biden, the progressives will not be open to another moderate at the top of the ticket. She'd be the acceptable compromise.

I think this scenario results in a Warren victory over Pence. I have to wonder if this might've been a better timeline for Democrats than the Biden victory in 2020 we had in real life. I think Democrats would probably be positioned far better than they are now.

I dunno, this argument is being brought up each election whether it wouldn't have been better for the party in power to lose the previous election. Usually it's better for your party to win elections rather than lose.

Sure, Dems might be headed for a substantial victory in 2024 including working majorities in congress, but a backlash may just have been postphoned to 2026.

Usually, not always. I don't think it was good for the GOP to win 2004, for example. I think 1976 is widely considered to be a poisoned chalice election. Sometimes winning an election could have a worse long-term result for a party.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2024, 02:24:04 PM »

Safe D so long as Donald Trump has not consolidted dicttorial power and established the Repulican Party as the "Leading Force in Aerican Political Life" teminolog of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union). Or perhps we have an extreme manifestation of the principal that "He who owns the gold makes the rules", asin an aristocratic order.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2024, 02:33:33 PM »

Likely to Safe D for the same reason 2024 is Likely to Safe R with Biden.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies