Emerson: Baldwin +7, Trump +3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:53:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections
  2024 Senate & House Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Emerson: Baldwin +7, Trump +3
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Emerson: Baldwin +7, Trump +3  (Read 384 times)
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2024, 08:07:47 AM »

More Biden-specific bad polling numbers:

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024, 09:03:24 AM »

Maybe it's less that Biden's polling uniquely badly and more that Trump's polling uniquely well. I think we need to ask the uncomfortable question: Are the indictments helping him in the general election as well?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2024, 09:08:27 AM »

I doubt we’re gonna see such a disparity between Biden and down ballot Dems on Election Day. Their numbers will probably converge at some point by then.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2024, 09:11:08 AM »

Ha Hovde is losing
Spectator
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2024, 09:38:49 AM »

I doubt we’re gonna see such a disparity between Biden and down ballot Dems on Election Day. Their numbers will probably converge at some point by then.

Be careful what you wish for. More likely that downballot converges on the presidential numbers than vice versa.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2024, 09:40:38 AM »

Be careful what you wish for. More likely that downballot converges on the presidential numbers than vice versa.

No it won't happen like that
Unbeatable Titan Susan Collins
johnzaharoff

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2024, 11:04:16 AM »

Yeah part of the difference is likely name recognition. Baldwin is at 46% while Biden is at 45%

17% of Trump voters are undecided in the Senate race vs just 5% of Biden voters.

There will be some cross over votes but I don't see it being a 10 point difference here.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 11:16:31 AM »

Yeah part of the difference is likely name recognition. Baldwin is at 46% while Biden is at 45%

17% of Trump voters are undecided in the Senate race vs just 5% of Biden voters.

There will be some cross over votes but I don't see it being a 10 point difference here.

Yes, lucky for Dems they generally don’t need that many ticket splitters even if Trump wins the presidency. If Baldwin runs 2-3 points ahead she wins since that’s probably the max that Trump could realistically win Wisconsin by. Tester and Brown don’t have that luxury.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2024, 11:17:49 AM »

Never said I thought it would be the other way around, or that I was hoping it would be.

Besides, I don't think Baldwin has much to worry about. Hovde is a very mediocre candidate, so I don't see too much of a convergence happening.
The Economy is Getting Worse
riverwalk3
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.93, S: -3.83

P
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2024, 11:19:39 AM »

The downballot numbers probably aren’t too far off after seeing 2022. It is possible that Presidential and downballot numbers stay mostly where they are.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 11:32:23 AM »

I can see specific popular incumbents like Baldwin (who ran ahead of Wisconsin Democrats in general in 2018) or Casey over-performing, but I continue to really doubt that congressional Republicans taken as a whole will run behind Trump.
Spectator
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 11:42:37 AM »

I can see specific popular incumbents like Baldwin (who ran ahead of Wisconsin Democrats in general in 2018) or Casey over-performing, but I continue to really doubt that congressional Republicans taken as a whole will run behind Trump.

More of a 2022 scenario where Republican overconfidence leads to a ton of whiffs on Senate and House races by nominating bad/flawed candidates. The residency issues in most of the competitive Senate races—while not Dr. Oz level bad—aren’t good and would lead to an underperformance on that alone (WI, PA, MI, NV). Then you have…Kari Lake. On the House side, the underperformances of Trump are likely to come from either weak opponents (Joe Kent, Nick Begich, Paul Junge) or popular incumbent Democrats (Golden, Peltola, Kaptur). Whereas “normal” Republicans probably tend to match or exceed Trump’s performance.
oldtimer
Greece

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2024, 12:26:21 PM »

More of a 2022 scenario where Republican overconfidence leads to a ton of whiffs on Senate and House races by nominating bad/flawed candidates. The residency issues in most of the competitive Senate races—while not Dr. Oz level bad—aren’t good and would lead to an underperformance on that alone (WI, PA, MI, NV). Then you have…Kari Lake. On the House side, the underperformances of Trump are likely to come from either weak opponents (Joe Kent, Nick Begich, Paul Junge) or popular incumbent Democrats (Golden, Peltola, Kaptur). Whereas “normal” Republicans probably tend to match or exceed Trump’s performance.

That theory fails why the GOP did equally bad in the NV and CO races.

Or all the House races in the same states.

The GOP did well in the Midterms only in very narrow georgraphical areas along the coasts.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2024, 12:29:02 PM »

Baldwin isn't winning by 7 and Biden loses state by 3
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: