It's 2040. What are the current swing states?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:39:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  It's 2040. What are the current swing states?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's 2040. What are the current swing states?  (Read 1078 times)
Flats the Flounder
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2024, 04:50:45 PM »

And for that matter, how do the swing states of the 2020s vote now?
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 08:49:36 PM »

Too far to tell

I suspect most of the midwest swing states are now solid republican

I think Texas , Montana, and Tennessee would be swing states
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 10:16:01 PM »

Pennsylvania, Texas, Nevada, ME-AL, New Hampshire, and Arizona. Retirees keep AZ and TX competitive for the GOP, the metros of PA and surrounding suburbs keep PA competitive for the Dems, NC and GA become blue (atlas red) states while WI and MI become red (atlas blue) states.
Fwillb21
Rookie
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 10:21:13 PM »

Too far to tell

Also Kansas, and maybe even South Carolina and Utah (call me crazy if you want).

I also think Georgia and even North Carolina could be Likely/Safe D by then.
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2024, 10:29:49 PM »

Either the map stays put or Wisconsin goes GOP or Nevada goes GOP or Michigan goes GOP.
Pres Mike
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 08:17:09 AM »

Too far to tell

Also Kansas, and maybe even South Carolina and Utah (call me crazy if you want).

I also think Georgia and even North Carolina could be Likely/Safe D by then.
Alaska would definitely be a swing state
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 10:50:30 AM »

Texas, Texas, Texas - it's all about the Lone Star State by 2040.  (and also possibly PA)

I also think Democrats will eventually show that they can win important statewide offices in TX by that point.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 11:19:26 AM »

Pennsylvania, Texas, Nevada, ME-AL, New Hampshire, and Arizona. Retirees keep AZ and TX competitive for the GOP, the metros of PA and surrounding suburbs keep PA competitive for the Dems, NC and GA become blue (atlas red) states while WI and MI become red (atlas blue) states.

There are contradictory trends in both MI and WI that make it difficult for me to see them become straight up Republican. If the suburban trends continue, the Milwaukee metro area is a ticking time bomb against Republicans. Same thing applies in Grand Rapids/Western Michigan. What the Republicans need in both states is for the mid size cities to go hard Republican and while there have been some swings that direction, we haven't seen the massive swings that they'd need.
Agonized-Statism
Anarcho-Statism
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -5.83

P
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 02:51:54 PM »

2040. While the fighting-age population was pulled away from those f[inks]ing Chinese spyware apps and sent off to fight in the third world war, the envelope of manufacturing friendshoring and automation was pushed like never before by President Newsom. North America is effectively autarkic- nothing left to rebuild in Eurasia this time and not enough resources to do it, those howling cannibals don't even have enough food to be hunter-gatherers- and the population back home is culled enough for the coders, the securities traders, management, and the boards of directors to live sustainably. Most Americans live in trendy podshares fed by local algae farms, entertained by the latest VR games, and travel in regularly combusting electric vehicles with a guaranteed supply of lithium thanks to the free helicopter rides given to any Argentines who don't meet their daily quota. The old crop of extremists have been taken care of, of course- Russian agents, the Disinformation Governance Board discovered- and the moderates in charge have instituted common-sense gun control, so there's nothing to worry about from any new traitors. Not that anyone would have any reason to oppose such a utopia.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2024, 02:21:17 PM »

All elections are won or lost in Texas
EastwoodS

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2024, 08:18:30 PM »

2040. While the fighting-age population was pulled away from those f[inks]ing Chinese spyware apps and sent off to fight in the third world war, the envelope of manufacturing friendshoring and automation was pushed like never before by President Newsom. North America is effectively autarkic- nothing left to rebuild in Eurasia this time and not enough resources to do it, those howling cannibals don't even have enough food to be hunter-gatherers- and the population back home is culled enough for the coders, the securities traders, management, and the boards of directors to live sustainably. Most Americans live in trendy podshares fed by local algae farms, entertained by the latest VR games, and travel in regularly combusting electric vehicles with a guaranteed supply of lithium thanks to the free helicopter rides given to any Argentines who don't meet their daily quota. The old crop of extremists have been taken care of, of course- Russian agents, the Disinformation Governance Board discovered- and the moderates in charge have instituted common-sense gun control, so there's nothing to worry about from any new traitors. Not that anyone would have any reason to oppose such a utopia.
you need to make Florida red lol
wnwnwn
Peru

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2024, 08:37:02 PM »
« Edited: February 27, 2024, 08:41:25 PM by wnwnwn »

Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 06:38:40 PM »

Arizona will vote to the left of Michigan.
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 09:44:47 PM »

Attempted to edit this based on projected 2030 reapportionment.

Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2024, 11:22:53 PM »

Feel free to bump this after the 2040 elections.

Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2024, 06:32:05 PM »

TX for certain. Also AZ, PA, and probably NC and MI.

GA and WI may move off the competitive list, sure, but I think MI and NC will definitely remain semi-competitive at the very least.

NH is, and I expect it will remain, somewhere around Lean D. It's fool's gold for the GOP much the same way MN is - sure, it'll come close to voting Republican and the Democratic margin will routinely be quite narrow, but that's the ceiling for the GOP.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies