Beto O'Rourke endorses "uncommited" campaign in Michigan Democratic primary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:05:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Beto O'Rourke endorses "uncommited" campaign in Michigan Democratic primary
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke endorses "uncommited" campaign in Michigan Democratic primary  (Read 1286 times)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2024, 04:47:57 PM »

MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2024, 05:23:58 PM »

The number of votes this will change is equivalent to the number of elections he’s won in the last 5 years.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2024, 07:30:24 PM »

What the christ does this guy even believe in
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 07:38:32 PM »

Less dead Palestinian kids, it seems.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2024, 08:20:27 PM »

He's one desperate bastard isn't he?
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2024, 08:28:30 PM »

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2024, 11:38:27 PM »

Damn I hadn't even thought about this guy in almost four years, and now I am thinking about him and I think he totally sucks.

Even if you're one of these people who spend your day full-on imbibed in Hamas propaganda on Twitter from the likes of Sulaiman Ahmed or Hurt CoPain or Arnaud Bertrand or Richard Medhurst or various Intercept alumni or that Khaleesi account that gets community-noted 100 times a day.  You should still be voting for Biden.  What's happened is people have dug so far in on making anti-Israel activism their entire personality that it's now become the only issue they can bring themselves to care about, their caring about it is deep into manic hysteria, and all they want to do is punish and aggravate anyone they see as remotely responsible for Israel's continued existence and success.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2024, 11:42:40 PM »

Reminder that way back when, he was one of the very few Congress members to vote against Iron Dome funding pre-Squad. The odds are that this guy is a very dedicated but rather smart antisemite. Thankfully, he's also irrelevant.
Independents for Nihilism
Seef
Canada

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: 1.57

P
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2024, 02:59:49 AM »

I am now 95% sure Beto spends his free time sh**tposting on Reddit
Bernie Derangement Syndrome Haver
freethinkingindy
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2024, 11:31:36 AM »

I'm honestly glad Beto didn't win in 2018. We dodged a bullet there.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2024, 12:29:40 PM »

As a former Beto-stan, I’m disappointed.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2024, 12:32:48 PM »

Reminder that way back when, he was one of the very few Congress members to vote against Iron Dome funding pre-Squad. The odds are that this guy is a very dedicated but rather smart antisemite. Thankfully, he's also irrelevant.

I love how we are at the point where you’re claiming pacifism is antisemitism if it prevents Israel from attaining weapons. Like somehow the ammunition and computer systems and weapons he voted against had a bris and a bar mitzvah or something.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2024, 12:53:01 PM »

I love how we are at the point where you’re claiming pacifism is antisemitism if it prevents Israel from attaining weapons. Like somehow the ammunition and computer systems and weapons he voted against had a bris and a bar mitzvah or something.

The Iron Dome isn't a weapon, it's a purely defensive measure.

The only thing voting against the Iron Dome will accomplish will be to cause the deaths of innocent Jewish civilians because Gaza will be able to rain rockets down on them without the Iron Dome as a defense.

Of course I don't think Beto is actually anti-semitic, I just think he's performative, and really wants to impress progressives on the internet, and looks to trends on social media to try and figure out how he's going to get attention and build his brand.

Right now Israel-hate is the hot thing among progressives, so he figured out a stunt to show the Israel-haters he's on their side and win some plaudits and attention.  Never mind all the damage this little stunt is going to do to his party or his president, or how he is now actively helping to elect Donald J. Trump to a second term as President of the United States.
DK_Mo82
Rookie
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2024, 12:55:27 PM »

Beto seem like good guy if average intelligence
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2024, 01:05:37 PM »

I think what it shows is Beto has a conscience, which is rare in politics. You saw it with his "we gonna take your guns" outburst in 2019. The dumbest and worst comment you could say in politics, but he just couldn't help himself. It was his El Paso.

I don't know if the guy could handle being president, given all the unethical stuff you have to do. Maybe he'd be better off as a pastor.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2024, 01:45:40 PM »

The only thing voting against the Iron Dome will accomplish will be to cause the deaths of innocent Jewish civilians because Gaza will be able to rain rockets down on them without the Iron Dome as a defense.

Of course I don't think Beto is actually anti-semitic, I just think he's performative, and really wants to impress progressives on the internet, and looks to trends on social media to try and figure out how he's going to get attention and build his brand.

Right now Israel-hate is the hot thing among progressives, so he figured out a stunt to show the Israel-haters he's on their side and win some plaudits and attention.  Never mind all the damage this little stunt is going to do to his party or his president, or how he is now actively helping to elect Donald J. Trump to a second term as President of the United States.

My point is and was that the Iron Dome (which is never voted on as a standalone item but rather part of a package) and its constituent parts are not Jewish lol. They are machines that people could be opposed to funding for a variety of reason, including “conservative” ones like $$$

The exact same people concerned about the woke mob seem to have a ceaseless appetite for calling things “antisemitic” and it’s kinda absurd at this point. If preferring another hummus brand to Sabra therefore “antisemitic” because I am not maxing my monthly contribution to Israel lol?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2024, 02:00:12 PM »

The end result of no iron dome is Israeli reprisals would have started earlier and been far more harsh.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 02:13:10 PM »

His vote was for more Jewish children dying, due to lack of defensive measures, which would have gotten Israel into a hot war with Gaza much faster.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2024, 02:14:06 PM »

Andy Levin is on board now as well. Whole lot of bullets dodged by Dem primary voters in the last few years!
Wiswylfen
eadmund

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2024, 07:59:55 AM »

What a fascinatingly persuasive argument. "He supports a ceasefire. He supports the return of the hostages. He supports a Palestinian state. He voted against giving a billion dollars to a foreign state that could easily find the money itself. He's a racist."

I'm honestly glad Beto didn't win in 2018. We dodged a bullet there.

Yes, it's a good thing Ted Cruz won because his opponent thinks genocide is bad and that the president should be pressured to do more about it. I doubt you actually believe this though.

The end result of no iron dome is Israeli reprisals would have started earlier and been far more harsh.

His vote was for more Jewish children dying, due to lack of defensive measures, which would have gotten Israel into a hot war with Gaza much faster.

The only thing voting against American funding for the Iron Dome would have accomplished is that Israel would have paid for it themselves.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2024, 08:23:34 AM »

Ugh, we lost the Senator from Texas. Wait, no.

We lost the President of the United States. errrrrr....not quite.

We lost the Governor of Texas! Sad

Oh, never mind.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2024, 08:25:57 AM »

Never thought I'd say this, but in hindsight he was probably the best option on the table in 2020
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2024, 05:17:22 PM »

Title isn't exactly correct.

“I do think it makes sense for those who want to see this administration do more, or do a better job, to exert that political pressure and get the president’s attention and the attention of those on his campaign so that the United States does better,” O’Rourke said in a Friday interview with the Michigan Advance.

He's basically saying that if you're upset about this voting "uncommitted" is a way you could protest and show it. Not really endorsing the uncommitted vote himself.

His Twitter feed makes no mention of Gaza and seems to support Biden, most of it is talking about how Biden should reject the Republicans' border deal and about ending Abbott's rogue actions at the border, so there is some criticism of the Biden Admin over not doing enough there but he definitely seems to be behind Biden.
Comrade Funk
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -5.91

P P P

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2024, 05:47:39 PM »

Biden hacks are somehow the most ardent Israel defenders on here
Medal506
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2024, 08:43:14 PM »

I always thought Beto O’Rourke was just a younger version of Joe Biden. Both come from similar backgrounds and have a very similar personality along with similar politics (both being relatively establishment in their politics)
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies