Opinion of jaichind
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:23:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of jaichind
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this L-NY poster?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Opinion of jaichind  (Read 962 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2024, 02:56:45 PM »
« edited: February 23, 2024, 03:02:03 PM by President Pro Tem Punxsutawney Phil »

Said he’d be into human trafficking if it wasn’t for the legal ramifications and also said he supports the Axis over the Allies, says it all
He never said this.

You are technically correct in that he said that he is "fairly empathetic to the Axis point of view" but that distinction is so technical that its odd you highlight it.
My reading of that post was that he viewed himself as being understanding to the Axis POV while ultimately siding against them. The overall post never said anything suggesting (when read together with everything else) "in general the Axis was right". It was also prefaced with "while" which already functions as a built-in caveat in this context.
To make up lies about jaichind's politics to make them look worse is so patently unnecessary. And said lies don't suddenly become true no matter how many people agree with said lies or express agreement with them.
There is absolutely nothing about his history that suggests the comment in question should be given this beyond generous interpretation
I mean, I saw that post, I probably even replied to it. I know what's in it.
You just want to assume the worst about it by reading something into it that isn't actually there.
Which is your right, but I'm calling it out for what it is.
How is saying he’s pro-Axis an unfair reading of him saying he’s “ fairly empathetic to the Axis point of view”
If you look at the whole post in context it's pretty clear it's not actually saying what you think it's saying. He used the word 'while' to start that sentence which already hurts your claims.
It's one thing to automatically view Jaichind's politics negatively, that's perfectly understandable and I do don't favor them either. If you said that you very much dislike his politics a lot then I would have no quibbles with that whatsoever. Automatically viewing someone's remarks in the worst possible light and picking out eight words out of a post significantly longer than that and reducing it down to that is, however, disingenuous lying, whether you realize it or not.
Most likely you've lied to yourself. I know what I saw and it's not what you think you saw.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2024, 03:17:08 PM »

I saw the post in question and he indeed wasn't saying he favored the Axis. He was saying he thought Both Sides Had a Point. That's not much better.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2024, 04:09:53 PM »

Massive HP. Has some of the most disgusting views of anyone here, even worse than some of the prominent blue avatars.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2024, 04:12:48 PM »

I saw the post in question and he indeed wasn't saying he favored the Axis. He was saying he thought Both Sides Had a Point. That's not much better.
Okay fine I retract but at the same time as you said this isn’t much better
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2024, 05:55:00 PM »

Cartoonishly HP.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2024, 06:08:35 PM »

HP

Holocaust Denier
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2024, 07:23:14 AM »

Seems to be fond of tyrants.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2024, 10:39:25 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2024, 11:18:03 AM by Anti Democrat Democrat Club »

A very rare HP vote on political grounds. Of course not every right-winger is a HP, but Holocaust deniers are definitely HPs.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2024, 11:32:42 AM »

If you have a hypertrophied concept of private property rights where they're uniquely unrestricted in a way that no other set of rights is, it makes sense to support state power as a sort of universal Pinkerton to keep the plebs in their place. If you furthermore have the (exceptionally common) problem of confusing or reversing general principles and specific applications of those principles, it furthermore makes sense to support state power as such, and to have a fondness for leaders who use that power to brutalize other groups besides the poors. This is how we get supposed libertarians who in practice support authoritarian governments by default, of whom jaichind is the foremost.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2024, 01:03:07 PM »

I’d vote HP but he would take it as a compliment. His entire identity is formed around being a calculating and unempathetic individual who only sees things based on “rationality” (a subjective term in itself, sorry positivists). Of course if the tables were turned and he or his son was the one being human trafficked for some investor halfway across the globe, he’d probably think differently but I don’t think he would even disagree with me on that.
If we are being completely honest, he probably has some deep rooted reasons for wanting to detach himself from basic human emotion, but that’s not my place to speculate. I think Jaichind is an identity he made for himself possibly back in childhood for who knows what reason, and it has been his farce so long it has turned into his true person, and that’s tragic for both those who know him, and the person himself. So he doesn’t get a vote from me, I am not feeding this persona.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2024, 01:33:19 PM »

Complicated Poster Tongue
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to: